DJI Support DISASTER.
906 9 2018-8-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JELLMAN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3753 ft
United States

I've just had an incredible experience with DJI support.

I am leaving the US for a year on Sunday the 12th (it is currently Friday night here in NYC). I sent for a replacement donre via DJI Care Refresh on August 1st. I contacted customer support via chat and requested that the drone be sent back express next day delivery. They said no problem, but I would have to pay for that, to which I said no problem.

They told me to wait for an email with a price quote for me to process a pyament to expedite the shipping. So I waited.

Nothing came.

Suddenly I got an email saying the package was shipped. I had to wait an additional day or two to get shipping info. When I did, it showed me that it was sent via UPS Ground and would arrive on Monday - a day after my departure.

I contacted UPS they said too late nothing to do. I contacted DJI again. I explained the whole situation again. ANd long story short, the resolution was that they would send me ANOTHER replacement drone. I was surprised to hear this so I asked to make sure:

• But does that mean you will send a NEW replacement?

• I mean we will send a new replacement drone to you

• ah okay

• what will happen to the one that is already on its way?

• yesterday 16:30

• the one that is arriving on Monday/tuesday

• And I need to ask your approval for me to forware that you are aware of the payment fee of the expedited shipping

• I'm not sure, what's gonna happen it will depend to them but what matters most is that we will do our best to grant your request

That sounded too good to be true. But if DJI Support is saying this then it must be true no?

That conversation ended with him telling me that I was going to receive an email and from there I could confirm/pay everything. To this I responded:

• I was already told about receiving an email in the past but recieved nothing

• So I REALLY hope it is coming this tie

• But rest assured you will get an email 24 hours

• I waana, Thank you so much for your time and patience I appreciate it.

Okay. So I waited.

30 hours later, NOTHING came. (I checked spam/trash, archive/all-mail, social/promotions tab in gmail etc)

So today I got on chat with dji again (I couldn't call because I get off work at 6 when they are closed).

I referred him to the chat history and explained a bit further. This man was a REAL comedian. He proceeded to repeat exactly the same steps as his predecessors, taking me for a real ride, only to circle back to square one at every turn. Instead of explaining everything, I am leaving a copy of my chat with this legend below for whomever is interested.

• Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support. This is Paulo. How may I help you today?

• Hi

• I am here to help, Camilla.

• Please refer to the chat history above I was speaking with customer support yesterday

• they told me to expect an email about sending me a new DJI drone express

• I never got the email

• 19:37

• This is so bad it's the second time they say that they will contact me to helpe me and then they just don't do it.

• May I have your case number please?

• yes one second

• CAS-2081832-F2H6N1

• Take your time.

• CAS-2081832-F2H6N1

• 19:39

• Thank you.

• Forgive me if I sound impatien tbut I have been patient during this whole process and yet everything has been messed up and now I leave the country on Sunday for a year and it looks like I will NOT receive any drone

• 19:40

• I do understand how you feel Camilla let me check on this for you.

• 19:41

• Thank you

• You're welcome.

• Please give me 2-3 minutes.

• 19:42

• Sure

• Thank you.

• 【System Message】Dear customer, the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity.

• 19:47

• It says the chat will close in 5 minutes due to inactivity

• I will keep the chat active for you.

• No worries.

• I can see here Camilla that the Status of the Aircraft is already shipped and you still did not receive it on your end?

• 19:48

• Yes

• The problem is that I requested the drone to be sent overnight express on August 1st. They said they would do this

• May I know if how many days did you received it after your request?

• 19:49

• But then they did NOT send it express they went ahead and sent it via regular UPS ground anyway

• I then contacted them again to complain about this and they said yesterday they would fix it that they would send a new replacement drone express with a price quote

• But they never did

• I leave the country Sunday morning

• For a year

• 19:50

• You already paid for the Express correct?

• No they never sent me anthing to pay

• they never sent me anything even though they kept saying they would send me something

• As you can see in my chat history yestyerday the support represenative assured me that I would receive an email in 24 hours

• You did initiate the Express online correct?

• Via chat

• 19:52

• After that I don't know what I'm supposed to do they just told me to wait for an email

• which never came

• I also spoke with DJI on the phone but now I don't even remember what their resolution was

• So the question is what happened, and most importantly is there ANY way I can get a replacement sent ASAP overnight so that it arrives tomorrow

• 19:53

• Because at this point it is DJI support that has repeatedly let me down and dropped the ball

• Please do not take this against me Camilla. I have now taken the liberty to update your case for you and to make this right, Camilla with our Shippping team . Please wait for email notification because here in chat we are really limited to troubleshooting.

• 19:54

• I have now successfully updated your case.

• Nothing against you personally, but against DJI Support for failing to make this right two times in a row

• 19:55

• You want me to wait for an email notification?

• 19:57

• Our North American office will be able to provide you with the quickest service possible base on your location. You can contact them by calling +1 (818) 235-0789 (Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM PST) .

• It is another option Camilla.

• How is this an option for me?

• I told you I leave Sunday morning

• It is 7.57pm in New York City right now

• on a Friday

• 19:58

• As much as I want to help you with this Camilla this concerns is for our shipping team and I already notified them on your case number.

• So what you are saying is that there is not much more you can do correct?

• And the shipping team doesn't work weekends

• So excuse my language but this basically means I'm f*cked??

• 20:01

• Please do wait for email notificatin Camilla.

• Wait how long?

• As fast as 24 hours.

• You do realize I've already been told this TWICE

• and that dji has failed to send me this magic email TWICE.

• 20:02

• With no explanation either.

• I really do understand that urgency of this matter Camilla and I am doing my best here on my end.

• Is there anybody, any number I can call that is available at this time?

• 20:03

• Yes there is.

• Please communicate this number to me

• 1 (818) 235-0789

• 20:04

• I just called and the machine says they are not available at this time.

• They are only available (Mon-Fri 9:00 AM-5:00 PM PST) .

• 20:05

• But I just asked you if there was a number I can call "THAT IS AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME"

• And you said "Yes there is"

• But there isn't everything is closed

• Can I speak to your supervisor?

• I need to speak to someone with more authority to take fast action.

• 20:07

• Sorry for the confusion Camilla.

• 20:08

• Well?

• I would like to speak to a supervisor

• 20:10

• Let me fully check on this.

• 20:11

• Upon checking here Camilla that it was shipped already last 8/8/2018 .

• I KNOW THIS

• I've already told you this

• And in the chat history above you can see that I've already discussed this with a previous support agent

• DIscussed this with them yesterday

• 20:14

• I deeply apologize for this delay Camilla since there is no available to ship it and did this with ground shipping. Please do expect 5 -7 business days to receive it.

• I have now already sent a notification to our shipping team about this concerns.

• I would like to speak with your supervisor

• 20:15

• Currently my supervisor is engaged on a call Camilla.

• When can I speak with your supervisor?

• 20:16

• Our only option is emailing support.us@dji.com this is directed to our shipping team, Camilla.

• I am really willing to exert all my resources here for the resolution of this issue.

• 20:18

• I know, this is why I need to speak with someone who has more authority and power to resolve this case as fast as possible

• Your supoervisor or anybody else you can put me in contact with who has more power

• 20:19

• Please do email support.us@dji.com .

• You said this would be directed to your shipping team

• And you said the shipping team doesn't work weekends

• Yes that is correct.

• so I will only hear from them on Monday

• I leave the Country on Sunday

• so what good does this do me?

• How does this help?

• 20:20

• I have asked to speak with your supervisor. You've told me that he is "engaged in a call". Yet you have made NO effort to put me in contact with he/she.

• Meaning you do NOT want me to talk with your supervisor.

• If this is the case you should just SAY IT. SO that we do not waste our time here.

• Am I correct?

• I did inform that you are here Camilla.

• 20:21

• I give up

• I will have to call/email DJI support as high up as I can for immediate resolution because this chat has been a joke and not helpful at all

• I did exert all my resources here for the resolution of this issue, Camilla.

• You have made me waste my time by ignoring my explanations of my issue

• 20:22

• And you have repeated EXACTLY the mistakes of your colleagues

• even after I told you about those mistakes

• I do apolgoize for this Camilla for our shipping team's fault.

• And then you have refused to put me in immediate contact with your supervisor

• This is all unacceptable.

• 20:24

• I did not refused Camilla.

• I am just giving you the best option possible.

• 20:26

• That will be all for today thank you.

• Thank you for your time , patience and cooperation with me here in chat Camilla. I appreciate it!

WHat do I do??? This has been a complete failure. I leave for a year on Sunday, my Drone is arriving a day after that with nobody to pick it up.
2018-8-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

omg that was terrible  
2018-8-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

or you can just cancel the shipment and ask them the keep the drone back then ask them to resend it to where you live after you arrive at the country  
2018-8-10
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

or you call someone to pick up the package and send it to you
2018-8-10
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Hope it all gets resolved.  Remember the 7P's boys and girls.
2018-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi JELLMAN, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, your situation will be escalated to the appropriate team for attention, but unfortunately, this is weekend now and you will be leaving on Sunday, the further communication would be delayed, but we will do our best to escalate the case, we will have someone to contact you soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-10
Use props
JELLMAN
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-8-10 19:08
Hi JELLMAN, you have our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience with our customer support team, your situation will be escalated to the appropriate team for attention, but unfortunately, this is weekend now and you will be leaving on Sunday, the further communication would be delayed, but we will do our best to escalate the case, we will have someone to contact you soon, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Hi, thank you for your reply. But is there aything further I need to do? And btw, once again I received no email. Will DJI send the replacement to me to thailand? What are my options?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JELLMAN Posted at 2018-8-11 20:16
Hi, thank you for your reply. But is there aything further I need to do? And btw, once again I received no email. Will DJI send the replacement to me to thailand? What are my options?

You experience has been escalated to the appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you about the further resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
JELLMAN
lvl.1
Mexico

FOLLOW UP:

DJI contacted me notifying me that they escalated my case to a higher power. The drone they sent me eventually arrived at my old address, was signed for by an old roomate who herself then moved back to her home country a few days later. Now the drone they sent is in my old apartment, with new tenants there. 99% sure that drone is now lost to me. All this because DJI failed to honor my request and then failed several different times to take action after I alerted them to their error.

After a few brief email exchanges this is what they decided:

I discussed the situation together with our Headquarters Team. Since the package was received and it was delivered to the correct address, replacing the unit is not possible. But we we're able to think of two options. First, please try to contact Pamela[old roomate who received drone] and asked if she left the package in your house. If it's in the house, you can ask someone to ship it to Mexico. If first option is possible, we will request to the relevant team if we can provide the shipping label from New York to Mexico. In case that they didn't agree to shoulder the cost, we'll provide you the Mavic Pro shoulder bag.

Second option is for you to wait until you're back from Thailand to have your drone and since we can't sent a replacement unit, we'll offer you a Mavic Pro Shoulder Bag as a compensation once you're back in the US.
A Mavic Pro shoulder bag? I basically p*ssed $500 away and they want to give me a shoulder bag for the WRONG drone - when I don't even have a drone anymore???????

I haven't experienced a customer support disaster like this in my lifetime. HP once sent me a brand new printer free of charge for much less (Office printer). At this point they should just send a voucher for me to purchase a new drone. This is insane. I'm exploring options on how to best to take action, but can anybody here advise me on what to do?

2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JELLMAN Posted at 2018-8-21 12:32
FOLLOW UP:

DJI contacted me notifying me that they escalated my case to a higher power. The drone they sent me eventually arrived at my old address, was signed for by an old roomate who herself then moved back to her home country a few days later. Now the drone they sent is in my old apartment, with new tenants there. 99% sure that drone is now lost to me. All this because DJI failed to honor my request and then failed several different times to take action after I alerted them to their error.

JELLMAN, thanks for keeping us updated, we are sorry that you are not satisfied with the options that our higher team provided, but I believe they have offered the best resolution as much as they could, please take it into consideration, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules