MPro Platinum Gimbal Cover
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

I have seen in the internet, the Gimbal cover suppose to be remove before flight. Dont you think it is obstructing the gimbal movement?

Gimbal Cover DJI Mavic Pro UV ND 2 4 8 16 32 Neutral Density Lens Filter Protector Drone Accessories ProP Protective

Gimbal cover

Gimbal cover
2018-8-10
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

There are gimbal covers that can be used during flight, because covers do not have internal plastic slot that locks gimbal in position for transport.
I have clear gimbal that can be used during flight.  Along with clear gimbal (marked Red) with internal plastic slots that must be removed before powering drone on.

2018-8-10
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have to remove it, leaving it on there while flight will obstruct the air flow and overheat your drone.
2018-8-10
Use props
Dorset_Horn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 93379 ft

Where are these sold and what do the sellers say about air-flow obstruction?
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

I've always taken my off during flight due to the air flow issues mentioned about. Always assumed that it was strictly to protect the gimbal during storage/transport. Not sure I'd use a gimbal cover where an ND filter is typically used.
2018-8-11
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Nice information
2018-8-14
Use props
MoNoAd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 946788 ft
Brunei

Dorset_Horn Posted at 2018-8-11 01:54
Where are these sold and what do the sellers say about air-flow obstruction?

you can get from aliexpress
2018-8-15
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

I haven't used a gimbal cover and I don't recommend doing so since there is significant air uptake that occurs between the gimbal and the intake fan located behind it. If you block it with a gimbal cover and you're flying during the day with sunshine and high temperatures then it cause your Mavic Pro to have cooling issues?
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules