885 13 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

Hello again
                  everybody for the third time .

I sent my mavic pro in for repair to the netherlands, the first time i sent it away because the sd card would not go into my mavic for some bizarre reason.

Came back with a different serial number, but with no focus whatsoever.

Sent it back again, came back this time it will focus manually but no autofocus and even more worrying the gimbal seems to have a mind of its own.

Its being 6 weeks now since i've been able to use my drone, missed out on the best weather Ireland has seen in over a decade.

Can anybody help me get this issue sorted once and for all or is this me having a constant nightmare i cant wake up from .

Was thinking about buying the new mavic pro 2 or a Phantom 4 v2.0, but if this is the norm i can't see it happening for obvious  reasons.

The phantom 4 was my first drone bought in january this year and then bought the mavic in march i think.
Is it just me or are there lots of other people having real problems with dji drones and repairs after a couple of months of having these drones.

What really annoys me is i had a problem with my lg tv which i paid less for than my drone and lg were calling me from the uk trying to resolve the problem only a phone call away.

living in Ireland there is no number i can call or i have never received a call from anybody from dji.
Personally i think with the money these drone cost there could be more done to help customers that are having to send drones back repeatedly for repair.
I have been nice about it until now, but if something isn't done im afraid dji will lose a customer who absolutely loves their product but is completely worn out typing and sending back there drone that at the time was purchased less than 6 months before.

2018-8-11
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very strange. Sounds to me like you got the same repair guy twice; and he sucks at fixing and testing / needs to be fired. In the USA I sent mine in for warranty repair and got a new one back in about 10 days. Sorry but that is not the DJI norm, you just got a bad repair guy.  Perhaps DJI can help you by having you send to another repair facility or re-routing your repair to another guy/girl for repairs?!?
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

Thanks Bob, all they had to do with the first one they sent back to me was turn it on and they would of seen the camera had no focus.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

It had a new serial number so it wasn't the same drone
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with the camera autofocus of your aircraft. May I ask for the firmware version of your aircraft? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

Its not just the auto focus, whats even worse is the gimbal is  going crazy mid air
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

version 01.04.0400
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

After turning it on to get the firmware no. its telling me i have an ESC status error, restart Aircraft
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

After turning it on and off again the error has disappeared but i took a picture of it on my mini 4
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 04:13
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with the camera autofocus of your aircraft. May I ask for the firmware version of your aircraft? We're here to help you with this. Thank you.

version 01.04.0400
Its not just the auto focus, whats even worse is the gimbal is  going crazy mid air.
After turning it on to get the firmware no its telling me i have an ESC status error, restart Aircraft.
After turning it on and off again the error has disappeared but i took a picture of it on my mini 4.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

HI i would really appreciate if someone from dji Admin would get back to me on this again, or at least say when they might or if there looking into it. Getting really confused now
2018-8-11
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

As painful as this may sound, I think you still have a broken drone and sending it back for repair is probably the only way to get this resolved. Hopefully you'll get a better repair tech this time. Sorry to hear mate.
2018-8-11
Use props
djiuser_IUSfqKokIWic
lvl.3
Ireland

Paul i get that but i just want some reassurance that this time it will be sorted once and for all. This will be my third time sending it in
2018-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules