What should I know when buying a used mavic pro?
9551 12 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_AYBV5MlT1doU
lvl.1

Hello, good afternoon, I need a little help. I'm buying a "fly more combo" supposedly with a single flight, impeccable. What considerations should I have when inspecting the drone? How do I know if it has not been repaired? What other things do you recommend to observe and review? Is it worth paying a "fly more combo" used at the value of one without a new combo? thank you very much
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Do you have the serial number for us to check here in our database? We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-8-11
Use props
GaryNash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Also..... Be patient, by just a few more weeks.... in the meantime watch some mavic pro vids on youtube to get the know the craft...

with he immanent release of possibly the mavic 2  and maybe some thing else... im sure your be able to pick up a great bargain. As a lot of flyers will be waiting a new bird...
2018-8-11
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

My experience I was going to buy a used Mavic Pro, I asked a lot of questions and they answered them with no problem. Never used as it was a gift. Then I asked for the serial number to check the history with DJI. Well they called off the sale and told me I asked to many questions and I didn't trust them. I'm sure the serial number would of turned up something they didn't want me to know. As luck would have it, as I was still looking for a used Mavic, DJI had a sale on the Mavic for $799, got a new one cheaper than a used one. So get the serial number.
2018-8-11
Use props
Baldpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8409 ft
United States

Be careful with used. Serial number is a must. Inspect Gimbal, etc. (A frequently abused/broken item.)
2018-8-11
Use props
MFPF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240413 ft
United States

Don’t know if this is your first drone, mine was Phantom 3. I upgraded to Mavic Pro little less than a year ago. I’ve never regretted it. The experienced folks on this forum can supply a wealth of info on the Mavic. I hope you will enjoy your Mavic as much as I have.
2018-8-11
Use props
Optimus_Prime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568704 ft
Vietnam

You definitely find out if drone had any accidents, water damage or had been repaired. Also you should ask seller factory reset, refresh firmware and do carefully flight assessment before buy. Good luck!
2018-8-11
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Yes, check the serial number and ask the owner if you can see him/her fly it or possibly even let you even try it? It all comes down to how it flies, if you witness the Mavic Pro fly flawlessly then chances are there's nothing wrong with it. If you witness the drone not fly smoothly for any reason, you should decline the purchase. Like the feedback that is being provided, watch YouTube videos and see how it flies to compare when you see it up close. They all fly the same, only problem drones do not fly all the same. It is either yes it flies customary to others, or no the drone has displayed some erratic movement?
2018-8-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, for additional information. Aside from checking the performance of the drone, you can ask for the proof of purchase for you to be aware of the drone if it is still under warranty because our warranty will start upon receiving the unit or if the drone has a DJI care refresh you can ask for the agreement number so that you can use it in any case the drone needs to be in service. Please keep us posted in any case you need our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
djiuser_AYBV5MlT1doU
lvl.1

Argentina

S/N: 08QCE810121Y6R
2018-8-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What should I know when buying a used mavic pro?

Why MP is being sold.  Applies to about anything.
2018-8-12
Use props
fans67de89b7
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 12:29
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Do you have the serial number for us to check here in our database? We're here to help. Thank you.

08QDE1E01203QB could you check this one
2019-5-24
Use props
Cris Dahlgren
New

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-11 12:29

I know this is an old post but are you able to check a S/zN?
08QCEAQ022851V

Thanks
2021-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules