Worst piece of garbage ever
2629 30 2018-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BASE1864
lvl.1
Australia

8 hours now. Had to update a database. Had to update firmware. Won't connect with wifi. Error, error, more errors...

This is a $2000 waste of time and money. The go pro Karma does not have this many issues.

And finally, if you want someone to buy your equipment and you place an app with ads on the Google store, you need to really look at yourself. I just wanted a drone to take a photo. I bought a piece of plastic that has spent more time on my lounge room floor waiting for more software issues than I have managed to get it off the damn ground (which to date is ZERO!). if you have nothing better to do with your time than fight with a controller and your phone to simply get started, then this is your toy.

Painful, that is the only way to describe this. Back to the shop for a refund it goes.
2018-8-11
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exchange it and give it another chance else you’ll be missing out on some great tech. GoPro Karma...what’s that? Ha
2018-8-11
Use props
Masemoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137425 ft
  • >>>
United States

People actually bought a Karma?
2018-8-11
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Masemoto Posted at 2018-8-11 21:46
Exchange it and give it another chance else you’ll be missing out on some great tech. GoPro Karma...what’s that? Ha

I think this is what OP was talking about: https://shop.gopro.com/karma
2018-8-11
Use props
Celsus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same thoughts when I first purchased my Mavic Pro, I had a couple of teething problems  which were resolved by Apple. I haven't looked back since and have no regrets about purchasing a very capable piece of technology. I suggest a firmware update with DJ assistant using a PC or a MAC rather than WIFI, it's a more reliable connection for updates.
2018-8-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

It should be straight forward, update, calibrate, link and go. WHat are the issues/errors that you are getting, can you post screen shots of those on here so that we can try to assist you with a possible solution.
2018-8-11
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-11 22:14
I think this is what OP was talking about: https://shop.gopro.com/karma

To me that drone was one of the biggest fails ever at anyone trying to build a drone, i bought it flew it one flight and returned it the same day, utterly useless, now this drone is what you can call a useless piece of plastic
2018-8-11
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Meanwhile for the rest of us we plug in, play and fly within 1-2 minutes and install one update that takes maybe 20 minutes every 3-4 months.
2018-8-12
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

They did.  Then those lucky people whose Karma DIDNT fall out of the sky got it recalled, then bought Mavic Pros instead!

Those who bought a Karma after the failed re-release have a drone that lacks pretty much all the automated and tracking mode features of the Mavic Pro.

It was a poor piece of kit released at exactly the wrong time (just prior to the mavic which was superior in every single way).
2018-8-12
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can easily understand the frustration; I had that when I first bought a DJI drone.  Messy updates back then involving SD cards and changing wireless networks.  These days it's way easier.  It really should be a case connecting the cable between your remote and your phone and making sure your phone is wirelessly or cellularly connected to the internet so it can download the updates and transfer it to the remote controller.
The DJI Mavoc Pro is easily the most intuitive and stable consumer drone out there IMHO.  It works for tens of thousands of people, so you've either had bad luck or a bad unit.
Maybe uninstall the Go4 app from your phone and start over.  Give it a try as you'll be missing out on truckloads of fun.

cheers

Ian
https://www.youtube.com/IaninLondon

2018-8-12
Use props
Alessandro Garabaghi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Troll. who spends $2k on a mavic
2018-8-12
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a karma one time, the guy was flying with this tiny clam shell controller with a 2 inch screen, he was flying over the river when the battery popped out and his karma vanished into the rapids....
2018-8-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alessandro Garabaghi Posted at 2018-8-12 02:59

I believe it's $2,000 Australian $$
2018-8-12
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your frustration us understandable.  If you'd like some help here, share some screen shots, the process you followed, etc. and some of the experienced pilots will be happy to assist.

Otherwise, you've suggested the most satisfying path in your last sentence, return it.  

I also fly less pricey aircraft that are fun, and use "a drone to take a photo."  With your $2000AU refund you could purchase a nice Parrot BeBop2 or Anafi and gets some extraordinary images for half the price.  The flight software is easy to use, has a good interface, isn't bloated, and pretty much runs on most handsets.  Let us know what you'd like to do.
2018-8-12
Use props
ny300z
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2603478 ft
United States

millions of people use them every day and never have any problems but yea if you are having trouble it must be a piece of garbage.

return it for a new one, if the new one does that maybe its time for something else. Or you can try to find a used GoPro Karma drone. They are so good that they have been discontinued.  My cousin has one for sale without a remote, it landed on his motorcycle after dropping from the sky one day and no one claimed it.

2018-8-12
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

The Mavic Pro in comparison to boxing figures is Mike Tyson in his prime, it's the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world of drones.

It sounds like you really had a Buster Douglas-like bad experience, you could try and give it another chance it may work out for you? As for me, I've seen my Mavic Pro do nothing more than defeat every flight path it has taken without problem. Like I said, like Mike Tyson in his prime 1st round knocking out opponents.

The Mavic Pro is that good and it has defeated some of the most dangerous conditions including K2 mountain and Mt. Everest where people die.
2018-8-12
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Wellsi Posted at 2018-8-12 02:31
I can easily understand the frustration; I had that when I first bought a DJI drone.  Messy updates back then involving SD cards and changing wireless networks.  These days it's way easier.  It really should be a case connecting the cable between your remote and your phone and making sure your phone is wirelessly or cellularly connected to the internet so it can download the updates and transfer it to the remote controller.
The DJI Mavoc Pro is easily the most intuitive and stable consumer drone out there IMHO.  It works for tens of thousands of people, so you've either had bad luck or a bad unit.
Maybe uninstall the Go4 app from your phone and start over.  Give it a try as you'll be missing out on truckloads of fun.

Totally agree.  Your videos are proof of learning your equipment.  that is why I watch your YouTube, write it down, test it, and learn how to fly the thing properly!
2018-8-12
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Troll. who spends $2k on a mavic

Try it in the UK.

Mavic Pro fly more can easily cost $2000.

Not everywhere is as cheap as the USA for electronics.
2018-8-12
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-8-12 03:55
I saw a karma one time, the guy was flying with this tiny clam shell controller with a 2 inch screen, he was flying over the river when the battery popped out and his karma vanished into the rapids....

Last year, I had just gotten my MP and was on vacation in Colorado.  I was flying off a peak at 12.990 feet above sea level when  guy on an ATV came up to me.  He had a Karma back at his camp.  He had flown it in town about 9000' Feet ASL and it screamed and finally took off.  He tried it about 10.000 Feet and it sat there and screamed but never got off the ground.  Then he comes up to the peak and finds me flying around with no problem hitting 13,200 feet ASL.  He told me that he was returning his Karma and getting a MP when he got home.  
2018-8-12
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-8-12 06:50
Totally agree.  Your videos are proof of learning your equipment.  that is why I watch your YouTube, write it down, test it, and learn how to fly the thing properly!

Cheers fella!  

Hopefully the OP has sorted things out....

Ian
2018-8-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Just in case anyone in Europe is interested: A colleague of mine has just bought a Mavic Air and want's to sell her Karma now (yes, she is a bit late with that undertaking). They certainly have some historical value for collectors ;-) If anyone is interested, PM me please.
2018-8-13
Use props
BASE1864
lvl.1
Australia

Anyone in Australia.
2018-8-14
Use props
BASE1864
lvl.1
Australia

Wellsi Posted at 2018-8-12 02:31
Maybe uninstall the Go4 app from your phone and start over.  Give it a try as you'll be missing out on truckloads of fun.

Wellsi, thanks for the help.

I have got the thing up and running, but just as it starts flying, I get a quiz pop up!! Damn annoying.

I am going to give this thing a go and it is only because of Youtube that I got this far...
2018-8-14
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BASE1864 Posted at 2018-8-14 00:17

I have got the thing up and running, but just as it starts flying, I get a quiz pop up!! Damn annoying.

Alright fella.  Great to read you've got it up and running.  Get thru the little quiz   it's only once.

There's a lot to take on board with this; have a watch through some of my specific Mavic Air vids; I put together a small play list on my YT channel.

And also more general tips on flying.  
Once you get how the thing behaves, you'll have great fun with it.

Cheers
Ian
2018-8-15
Use props
Out and About Canada
New

Canada

Base1684. I agree %100, absolute garbage.  Constant errors and updates. Its rarely in the air and when it is it glitches and gives irrelevant warnings.  Its the most frustrating drone I've ever used.  
2023-5-9
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Out and About Canada Posted at 5-9 08:49
I agree %100, absolutely garbage.  Constant errors and updates. Its rarely in the air and when it is it glitches and gives irrelevant warnings.  Its the most frustrating drone I've ever used.

you realize this thread dates from nearly 5 years ago, right?
2023-5-9
Use props
Out and About Canada
New

Canada

The Saint Posted at 5-9 09:07
you realize this thread dates from nearly 5 years ago, right?

Ya 4 years later its still garbage.
2023-5-9
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Strange, I have 2 of them and still use them. Never had an issue except for 1 battery died. Still using the original batteries but I never fly them down past 50%.
2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

BASE1864 Posted at 2018-8-14 00:17

She will be right, mate...

2023-5-9
Use props
Burt37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4009 ft
Australia

Out and About Canada Posted at 5-9 09:22
Ya 4 years later its still garbage.

So it took you 5 years to realise that???
2023-5-9
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Troll. who spends $2k on a mavic

This post did not age well.
2023-5-9
Use props