1527 9 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4678 ft
United Kingdom

Hello Everyone
Recently i  bought DJI Spark (combo kit), and i was pretty excited about it.As we all know from the advertising,it is a very intelligent,smart and etc,1000m range wih the controller,which is awesome,of course if that is what you really get.However,what i wanted to tell you is that we all basically depent and rely on DJI’s Support and what happened is.I Was flying with the drone in intelligent mode tap fly,it showed battery warning it said its going back to home point,and suddenly the app crashed and that obvoiusly cancelled the landing,the thing is imediatelly after the landing was cancelled it kept flying,what i presume is that the app blocked in tap fly mode,(btw I told dji about this in the case but it seems,that they dont care what any of their users sayin). I was using the RC at the moment,but i wasnt able to press anything on the dji app  so i tried with the rc which was still connected pressed home point button on the rc...Nothing happened,then i tried to gain control but all i was able to do was to hold the drone still,and as soon as release the joystick it goes again.Told Dji about it,they opened a case,gave them 1 page description how i tried to regain control i gave them everything they asked me to.
And this morning,received and email.That says the drone was responding well and it was cancelled by app and few screenshots how on the flight records it shows that im moving the joystick on the rc,and that its says landing cancelled by app and etc,at last they are telling me that,it started emergency landing and the flight records stops,and they arent even bothered giving me explanation why the flight record is stopping 17 m above ground,the drone has still 5% battery,and its not more than 100m,from the RC wich is supposed to work up to 1000m.
Unfortunately,Dji Dont think that we as customers,need to be treated properly,and as they want from us to give them proofs of purchases and flight records,descriptions of regaining control.and if you dont give them that,they wont even answer your email,however i gave them everything it took them 5
Days to tell me that the reason is misoperating?!?!?.I Had 10,11 flights before that i sent them flight records as well,As a customers,none of us would enjoy and will be satisfied from the support.First of all they probably didint even read the description i gave them,and i am sure about this because they are sending me screenshots whit the flight records and it says landing cancelled from app,of course it will when the app is blocked or crashed whatever you are calling it.Oh wait a second of course,cuz they are so helpy they offered me 15% coupon if i deside to buy another one...
And of course i will so it can fly away guys...
That was a complete joke.didnt help me find it all btw.
I Dont think thats enough proof but anyway probably all im gonna get is a joke.
So Guys If someone can help me  to find it or had a similar problem with dji spark or dji support write about it bacause my only option is obviously if some of you help me out.Peace!!!
Thank you for the co-operation

2018-8-12
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Support in its finest.Need Help From Users/Customers

Hello Everyone
Recently i  bought DJI Spark (combo kit), and i was pretty excited about it.As we all know from the advertising,it is a very intelligent,smart and etc,1000m range wih the controller,which is awesome,of course if that is what you really get.However,what i wanted to tell you is that we all basically depent and rely on DJI’s Support and what happened is.I Was flying with the drone in intelligent mode tap fly,it showed battery warning it said its going back to home point,and suddenly the app crashed and that obvoiusly cancelled the landing,the thing is imediatelly after the landing was cancelled it kept flying,what i presume is that the app blocked in tap fly mode,(btw I told dji about this in the case but it seems,that they dont care what any of their users sayin). I was using the RC at the moment,but i wasnt able to press anything on the dji app  so i tried with the rc which was still connected pressed home point button on the rc...Nothing happened,then i tried to gain control but all i was able to do was to hold the drone still,and as soon as release the joystick it goes again.Told Dji about it,they opened a case,gave them 1 page description how i tried to regain control i gave them everything they asked me to.
And this morning,received and email.That says the drone was responding well and it was cancelled by app and few screenshots how on the flight records it shows that im moving the joystick on the rc,and that its says landing cancelled by app and etc,at last they are telling me that,it started emergency landing and the flight records stops,and they arent even bothered giving me explanation why the flight record is stopping 17 m above ground,the drone has still 5% battery,and its not more than 100m,from the RC wich is supposed to work up to 1000m.
Unfortunately,Dji Dont think that we as customers,need to be treated properly,and as they want from us to give them proofs of purchases and flight records,descriptions of regaining control.and if you dont give them that,they wont even answer your email,however i gave them everything it took them 5
Days to tell me that the reason is misoperating?!?!?.I Had 10,11 flights before that i sent them flight records as well,As a customers,none of us would enjoy and will be satisfied from the support.First of all they probably didint even read the description i gave them,and i am sure about this because they are sending me screenshots whit the flight records and it says landing cancelled from app,of course it will when the app is blocked or crashed whatever you are calling it.Oh wait a second of course,cuz they are so helpy they offered me 15% coupon if i deside to buy another one...
And of course i will so it can fly away guys...
That was a complete joke.didnt help me find it all btw.
I Dont think thats enough proof but anyway probably all im gonna get is a joke.
So Guys If someone can help me  to find it or had a similar problem with dji spark or dji support write about it bacause my only option is obviously if some of you help me out.Peace!!!
Thank you for the co-operation

2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you had some issues with us. I will be coordinating with the correct department to furtherly assist you. We value customers here in DJI. We're here to help you.
2018-8-12
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-12 04:11
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you had some issues with us. I will be coordinating with the correct department to furtherly assist you. We value customers here in DJI. We're here to help you.

Thank you i aprreciate that,and as i can see there is plenty of cases wich it disconects,crashes,losing control and all kind of issues with the app so please do something to make it better cuz that isnt safe.

Thanks for the quick answer and co-op.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the incident that you have experienced on your previous flight with your DJI Spark. If you have a case number. Please post the case number for me to help you further and we would like to check what happened to provide you any possible resolution in this issue. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Here you are CAS-2108787-C3S1T9
Thanks for the help
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans34ee8814 Posted at 2018-8-12 10:41
Here you are CAS-2108787-C3S1T9
Thanks for the help

Thank you for the quick reply. We completely understand your insights. We are very sorry about the result. We would like you to know that before coming to a conclusion we always make sure that our Data Analysis are being fair enough about the result of the investigation. The data analysis result was made by an independent technical team based on the flight data and information you've provided. We have reviewed your case and found that the result of the investigation is already final. Unfortunately, DJI cannot apply warranty service for this case that has no product malfunction found. But don't you worry, we will forward this case to the respective department to help you escalate this case and we will let someone contact you within the next 24 to 48 hours. We sent you PM. Kindly check. Once again, sorry for the unfortunate experience and thank you so much for your understanding.
2018-8-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you would like the community's assistance in looking into your log files, I would suggest uploading your log file(s) from your phone/table to the following site (instructions on site) and reply to this message with the resulting URL.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

2018-8-12
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 2018-8-12 16:04
If you would like the community's assistance in looking into your log files, I would suggest uploading your log file(s) from your phone/table to the following site (instructions on site) and reply to this message with the resulting URL.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/ZQR9WJZVU2LZV9KMGY8E/
2018-8-12
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Firstly, I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles.  

I obviously wasn't there, so I can't make any comments or assumptions on what you saw and did.  I can only comment on what I see in the data in the logs that are recorded.  

Firstly, the last location recorded in the log files is at:  51.53258182,   -2.53514453
However, as of the last log entry, it was moving in an easterly direction moving away from the home point at about 19mph (8.5m/s) due to pilot stick inputs.  Unfortunately, this last location is also right above a bunch of trees and right next to a busy highway.  I think finding it might be a bit of a challenge.

Again, I wasn't there, so I can only comment on what I see in the logs...  When I've investigated other incidents, when the app crashes, the log ends.  That doesn't seem to the be the case here.  In this case, there appears to be valid logging for most of the flight right up until near the end.  
In the logs, it looks like the pilot is in full control of the aircraft.  All stick inputs from the pilot resulting in matching coordinated movements of the aircraft.  Based on what can be seen in the logs, I'm not surprised to see DJI's response to your case.  Unless you have other evidence to provide for them, I highly doubt they would decide to cover this under warranty.  
I know it is difficult to do, but unfortunately you also have to look at the situation from DJI's perspective.  If you were running a business, I think there is a good chance you would very likely come to the same conclusion they have with the evidence that is available.  From a business's perspective, they can only make decisions like this based on evidence.  They would be out of business in no time if they didn't.  

Some recommendations based on what I see:
  • Always use a screen recorder on your phone during flights so that you have evidence of what you experienced and were seeing during the flight.  In a situation like this, if the app did crash, then you would have video evidence of this to provide to DJI to counter what is seen in the log files.
  • It generally is not a good idea to take off for a new flight with only 40% remaining on a battery.  This is especially important on the smaller drones with limited battery life like the Mavic Air.  The time remaining from 40% until it goes into critical failsafe mode and tries to autoland is surprisingly quick.  Unless you are very experienced, this can make for a challenging situation.
  • As soon as the battery gets to 30%, start bringing it back manually (don't RTH) ASAP so that you don't get into a bad situation.

I wish you the best of luck moving forward and hope you have another drone soon and have many fun and safe flights ahead!

2018-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules