Remote Calibration Needed?
680 4 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

I typically don't look to calibrate anything on my P4P V2.0 unless the drone asks me to however I'm wondering if I need to calibrate my remote?

Here's what's going on.

For some of my video footage I like to start by looking directly down at the ground (camera tilted fully down to the ground). I then like to push record and begin video recording all while I push up to bring the drone straight up. I've noticed that the drone wants to begin to slowly rotate while I'm pushing up on the stick and I dont think I'm pushing to the side a little bit but it appears I am. What would cause this issue? Do I need to calibrate the control sticks to eliminate this? I've even looked at the remote when I'm tryhing to go traight up and my finger appears to me to be pushing straight up, not off slightly to one side and up so I'm not sure why the roational movement. Is this even something that can be calibrated?

I've had no other issues with my Phantom so I can't attribute it to anything else.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Yes, kindly try to calibrate the remote controller. I believe this is something to do with the rotational orientation of the sticks that needs to be calibrated. Let us know if the issue still persists after the calibration. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

You are probably having the same problem alot of us v2 owners are having where the ac slowly rotates...dji need to fix this in a fw update! Happens when flying straight also ....dji plz look into this!
2018-8-12
Use props
iamjustjohn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 995600 ft
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-12 12:45
You are probably having the same problem alot of us v2 owners are having where the ac slowly rotates...dji need to fix this in a fw update! Happens when flying straight also ....dji plz look into this!

Interesting, I can't say I've encountered or noticed this issue when I'm flying straight forward or backward. I've only noticed this issue when I'm looking straight down with the camera and going straight up with the drone.

You're thinking a firmware fix might fix this? I don't want to mess anything up by calibrating if it's not actually needed.
2018-8-12
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

Yea i hope a fw is in the works. .. and yes it should fix this
2018-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules