Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
CPU Overheat Error Mavic Air
1302 10 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raleigh3
New
Flight distance : 9806 ft
United States

Hello,

From doing some research it seems like this is a somewhat common problem, or at least what just happened to me is not unique.

I started my Mavic Air up today and was given a "Cannot Take Off" warning immediately. I checked the overall status and was warned that the CPU had overheated and the drone would shut down in 30 seconds. It had been on for maybe 15 seconds, so I don't understand how this is even possible.

I've put 48 minutes of flight time on this drone in total with 13 flights logged. I've submitted a support ticket and received a shipping label, but it would be fantastic to get this resolved without having to ship it to a support center. Is there anything to do on my end to remedy this? It didn't sound like the fan was running while the drone was on, but I'm not sure what I could do to fix it.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, but as it is I've resigned myself mentally to shipping it in for repairs. Real bummer. Yesterday the app wouldn't start on my Pixel 2 w/ Android 9. Kept crashing, and I had to reinstall it. Now the CPU overheat error.

Thanks.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. Unfortunately, the Pixel 2 device is not fully compatible to run the app. Would it be possible to install the DJI app on one of the lists of mobile devices ill be posting below? Let us know what happens and if the issue still persists I suggest to send it back for diagnostics. Thank you.

2018-8-12
Use props
Raleigh3
New
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-12 11:14
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having issues with your DJI Mavic Air. Unfortunately, the Pixel 2 device is not fully compatible to run the app. Would it be possible to install the DJI app on one of the lists of mobile devices ill be posting below? Let us know what happens and if the issue still persists I suggest to send it back for diagnostics. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi Gamora, thanks for the quick reply. The app isn't the problem at the moment. It's running fine now, and has run fine in the past. After updating my phone the app seemed to have broken, but after reinstalling it now works.

The problem I'm currently experiencing is the CPU overheating error.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Raleigh3 Posted at 2018-8-12 11:18
Hi Gamora, thanks for the quick reply. The app isn't the problem at the moment. It's running fine now, and has run fine in the past. After updating my phone the app seemed to have broken, but after reinstalling it now works.

HI, if the fan of the motor is not working, we strongly suggest to send it out for repairs. Some components inside of the parts of the aircraft needs to be check by our engineers to avoid further damage.
2018-8-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Raleigh3 Posted at 2018-8-12 11:18

I believe it referring to you device.
Go through the go4 app and clear out somethings. When I received this I cleared out everything
and only keep 30 days of flight records. No video or pics, but my device is only for my MP.
Also when flying put your device in airplane mode so it's not running multiple apps.
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Ditto. I think it may be referring to your device CPU overheating, not the Air. Don't ship your drone unless you're sure which one it is or you'll just be paying for nothing.
2018-8-12
Use props
Raleigh3
New
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-12 12:55
Ditto. I think it may be referring to your device CPU overheating, not the Air. Don't ship your drone unless you're sure which one it is or you'll just be paying for nothing.

Hi guys, I appreciate the input but if you look around this chip critical overheat is 100% a mavic air issue. I just tried using my iPhone 7 and I received the same error. I mentioned that the fan is not turning on at all. It usually started spinning after the drone was on for a short while, but that is not the case. Just like any CPU, no airflow = overheating. Apparently the Mavic Air is extremely susceptible to this problem.

In conclusion, the Mavic Air is the problem here, and seemingly this is a prevalent issue based on the number of posts similar to mine. Total bummer, I only got ~48 minutes of flight time before it crapped out.
2018-8-12
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Raleigh3 Posted at 2018-8-12 13:28
Hi guys, I appreciate the input but if you look around this chip critical overheat is 100% a mavic air issue. I just tried using my iPhone 7 and I received the same error. I mentioned that the fan is not turning on at all. It usually started spinning after the drone was on for a short while, but that is not the case. Just like any CPU, no airflow = overheating. Apparently the Mavic Air is extremely susceptible to this problem.

In conclusion, the Mavic Air is the problem here, and seemingly this is a prevalent issue based on the number of posts similar to mine. Total bummer, I only got ~48 minutes of flight time before it crapped out.

Sorry to hear that. I know there have been some ongoing issues with the Air. Hopefully you can send this in for repair and get a quick turn around. Would be interested in hearing how this is finally resolved when you get a new drone back.
2018-8-12
Use props
RJC Mavic Air
New
United States

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-12 13:33
Sorry to hear that. I know there have been some ongoing issues with the Air. Hopefully you can send this in for repair and get a quick turn around. Would be interested in hearing how this is finally resolved when you get a new drone back.

I'll try to post an update when I'm done with the process. I still need to print the shipping label and get it out the door.
2018-8-12
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

RJC Mavic Air Posted at 2018-8-12 13:45
I'll try to post an update when I'm done with the process. I still need to print the shipping label and get it out the door.

Hi, thanks for the updates. Please let us know in case you'll be needing our assistance. Thank you.
2018-8-12
Use props
fans0c4eedfb
New
Flight distance : 6457 ft
New Zealand

I bought Mavic Air in January. After 58 minutes total  flight time I have started experiencing problems with CPU.
Initially I thought it was too hot as I was traveling to Australia but it turned out to be a problem.
I live in New Zealand and I have returned my Mavic Air for a repair. It had to be shipped to Zhong Kong and due to new customs regulations it will take a considerable time to repair.
Most probably I will not have Mavic for another trip...

Huge dissapointment... it seems to be a commonn problem and if it appears after 58 minutes of using the device it is really worrying...
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules