Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ririlan Posted at 2018-9-13 12:22
********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********

As you know, I've send my Mavic Air to DJI for evaluation.  They did not detect any malfunction of the drone so there is no warranty. I had to pay 157$ for repair which I did. I just received a new Mavic Air and it flies perfectly.

While they did not detect any malfunction, did they say what caused the problem ?
2018-9-14
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 879154 ft
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-14 08:38
While they did not detect any malfunction, did they say what caused the problem ?

DJI Answer

NON-WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS. RC signal loss (extreme long range) FLY047 1. Unit took off with good GPS signal. 2. At t=3:54s, relative height=20.9 m, log was cut off. Signal from RC to unit was weakened by extreme long distance and other interfering signals from the surrounding area. Force impact date:2018-08-11 Force impact GPS location:45.5643778, -73.6205951 Activation date:2018-06-12 SN:0K1DF3H1BD715Q [Non warranty] Dear Customer, unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

I argued that the extreme long distance was 75% of what is advertise for the Mavic Air and at 3:54 sec, the drone was on the ground.

As I said before, Customer service was very good.
2018-9-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ririlan Posted at 2018-9-14 09:11
DJI Answer

NON-WARRANTY PER DATA ANALYSIS. RC signal loss (extreme long range) FLY047 1. Unit took off with good GPS signal. 2. At t=3:54s, relative height=20.9 m, log was cut off. Signal from RC to unit was weakened by extreme long distance and other interfering signals from the surrounding area. Force impact date:2018-08-11 Force impact GPS location:45.5643778, -73.6205951 Activation date:2018-06-12 SN:0K1DF3H1BD715Q [Non warranty] Dear Customer, unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy. Damage was not caused by product malfunction. We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.

Looking at everything you supplied, this looks a little harsh, but I suppose some lessons learned, at least your back up flying. Good luck.
2018-9-14
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

ririlan Posted at 2018-9-13 12:22
********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********  ********* UPDATE *********

As you know, I've send my Mavic Air to DJI for evaluation.  They did not detect any malfunction of the drone so there is no warranty. I had to pay 157$ for repair which I did. I just received a new Mavic Air and it flies perfectly.

> The disconnect was between my phone and the RC.

He mentioned an alarming cell tower near my flightpath. And after watching several videos of Mavic Air going buzerk, I can say that from now, I will be VERY AWARE of cell towers and stay away from them.

Being near celltower should not cause a disconnect between RC and your SmartDevice.

2018-9-14
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-14 10:38

He mentioned an alarming cell tower near my flightpath. And after watching several videos of Mavic Air going buzerk, I can say that from now, I will be VERY AWARE of cell towers and stay away from them.

"Being near celltower should not cause a disconnect between RC and your SmartDevice"

Not a disconnect between Rc and phone but maybe causing the drone to go buzurk!!!
2018-9-14
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370174 ft
Canada

This is total BS. Yes you were far and yes you were not flying LOS. But like you said, you were at 75% advertised. So you theoretically 25% to spare.

Anyway for me its not the point. The drone when disconnected, even if at 5km, should either stay still, land safety or return home. Not go nuts and crash.

I don’t buy the cell tower thing. Its not like you were orbiting the thing at 3 meters.

Look at the 2 times I had the same problem. All there was there is trees and water...
https://forum.dji.com/thread-162931-1-1.html

Sad to see that DJI treats all those IMU problem as a non issue...
2018-9-14
Use props
ririlan
Second Officer
Canada

hugoleveille Posted at 2018-9-14 13:18
This is total BS. Yes you were far and yes you were not flying LOS. But like you said, you were at 75% advertised. So you theoretically 25% to spare.

Anyway for me its not the point. The drone when disconnected, even if at 5km, should either stay still, land safety or return home. Not go nuts and crash.

"The drone when disconnected, even if at 5km, should either stay still, land safety or return home. Not go nuts and crash."

Totally agree with you

2018-9-14
Use props
hugoleveille
lvl.2
Flight distance : 370174 ft
Canada

Looks like one of the only safe place the flight in Montreal!

Je vais l’essayer!
2018-9-14
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Cyril-Fr Posted at 2018-8-19 11:27
Same bug since 5 june 2018 , DJI not answer on the forum or by e-mail. For me they are dirty little thieves. Good luck. For me first and last product from this brand.

And very cunning guys at ignoring customers also to be non committal. I was recently asking them about a single feature (compass feature) just before buying a DJI approved mobile device as per their list of phones. They just aborted the thread and wouldn't answer at all. I bought a new MA about 50 days back and it would announce home point recorded ONLY IF IT LIKED, else it would just be silent and wont announce. When asked why so and even if that feature is incompatible with the phone how come it works a few times and then stops doing it during the same flight itself without even a power down and new flight of the MA. They just ignored and aborted that thread. Several pleads and requests and they just didn't want to answer even out of courtesy. For this they have some of their own company jerks here posing as DJI forum members. Good for nothing but giving canned replies.

After buying a new drone from your company you wont help the customer to buy a new compatible phone esp since your app is so finicky and unreliable ? They dont give a damn after its sold.

2018-9-15
Use props
Christine96
lvl.4
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-12 16:18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqkg60TC5U&t=2s

Does the 10m apply to the MA and P4P?  Also I purchased the care refresh for my P4P but could I use it for my MA?  
2018-9-15
Use props
Dgreenbee
lvl.2
Canada

My mavic just crashed too. It went up, flew to a height of 23 meters, then fell like a brick. I cannot figure why it would do that.
2019-7-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-14 10:38

You tell 'em 2.4ghz cellphone tower versus 5.8ghz mavic air closer radii transitions into further reaching 2.4ghz cellphone spectrum yonder

but auto frequency setting deviates slight offset from root frequency 2.4&5.8 ghz
2019-7-13
Use props
cutis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1695351 ft
United States

it's beginning to look like there is creedence the 4centimeter flat usb or lightning rc to phone right angled connector cable provided can cause signal lost? aircraft disconnected? no signal?

when cabled interrupt occurs what is the actual warn verbatim?  is it "no connection"?  is it signal disconnected"?  we're talking rc pumping the phone screen thru djigo4v4.3.8 with the interface cabling compromised either at junctions else ribbon conductors

it makes me wonder about this chronic issue. is it truly interference triggering legit warns "strong interferences" with the wifi icon showing fullpower existent? the warns are accompanied with more warns "weak signal orient antennaes favorably", "signal lost", "no connection", "aircraft disconnected" yet wifi icon plenty wifi strength avail

most all times immed ascend or descend immed clears all, everything, and nice flight continuation

so the confusion is how so, such loss of control usually resorts autonomous rth or reconnec
2019-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules