Spark RC feature request: Expo Settings... again
985 9 2018-8-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MeatWagon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 415630 ft

Loving my spark to death but it really needs an expo setting for the controller (at least in the yaw axis) I know the drone is capable of a very slow yaw movement because I've seen it do it many times but its just too damn difficult to execute consistently especially when trying to mix a slow yaw movement with an up or down one. I also know this has been requested many times in the past but it's something that I feel really hinders the footage you can get out of the drone. You can be getting a fantastic shot and then you move your yaw stick a micrometer and the whole thing is ruined.

An expo setting like the one found on your other products would solve this issue. Please please please! This is a total no brainer.
2018-8-12
Use props
Prairie Chicken
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106526 ft
Canada

I'd love to have it, too, but it's a no-brainer only for us, not for the company.

Start saving up.
2018-8-12
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2
United States

Prairie Chicken Posted at 2018-8-12 18:51
I'd love to have it, too, but it's a no-brainer only for us, not for the company.

Start saving up.

Yeah I fear you're probably right about that.
2018-8-13
Use props
MJD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 479964 ft
Netherlands

You can try the Tripod mode in those circumstances?
2018-8-13
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2

MJD Posted at 2018-8-13 13:35
You can try the Tripod mode in those circumstances?

Tripod mode can be very useful in some cases but I want the speed of normal mode with the smooth yaw of tripod mode. I use tripod whenever I can but the speed limitation is not usually something I want while high in the air flying around a large object.
The Parrot Anafi has a sensitivity setting at a similar price point to what I paid for the spark. This is not an advanced feature, this is something that every RC flying machine has. just sayin dji.
2018-8-13
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

You can set the sensitivity of the controls in the app so that you can achieve a slower smoother yaw...?
2018-8-13
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-8-13 19:32
You can set the sensitivity of the controls in the app so that you can achieve a slower smoother yaw...?

you can set the flight speed of the drone in the app. It doesn't actually change the yaw rate to my knowledge.
EDIT: tested in my living room just now and I can confirm it doesn't have any effect on the yaw rates
2018-8-13
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

You know there is a "Tripod mode" to activated on the app, which makes stick reactions on all axis substantially slower!
I think that's what you are searching for.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-8-14
Use props
Micato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2057103 ft
Croatia

I have a simlar post from last year 2017. They will work on that      https://forum.dji.com/thread-120540-1-1.html
2018-8-27
Use props
MeatWagon
lvl.2

Micato Posted at 2018-8-27 09:38
I have a simlar post from last year 2017. They will work on that      https://forum.dji.com/thread-120540-1-1.html

Yeah I mean having an expo setting on the ONE AXIS that isn't mechanically stabilized seems like a good idea to me...  Oh well.... I'm trying to use tripod more but when you're trying to circle around a big bridge or something 2.6 mph is just too slow most of the time.
2018-9-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules