GPS Signal on iPad Not Being Recognized?
12Next >
5463 69 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crazyray
lvl.2

I have a problem that I'm hoping you can help me with; I recently purchased the new iPad 9.7 with cellular to use with my MA while boating. I want to use the Return to Remote location as it's HP but, I'm receiving the following popup in the DJI Go 4 app; "Mobile device GPS signal is weak, it's location cannot be acquired." I tried this out in a field today away from any type of interferences such as metal, concrete, towns, etc. I have 16 satellites w/ wifi at 2.4. I normally use my iPad Air 2 but, As I mentioned, I bought this one mainly to use off my boat.  If you have any suggestions to correct this problem, I would sincerely appreciate it. Thanks, Ray
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your aircraft. Have you tried to turn off your cellular data of your iPad? I suggest also to put the tablet into airplane mode. Please take time to watch the video below for better understanding of how to get the maximum performance of your aircraft. Thank you .

2018-8-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

You may want to see what type of GPS lock your new device has. There's several apps out that will give you a lot of detail including this one as an example. You might even find a free one if you don't want to spend the $3.
2018-8-13
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Thanks for the reply...... I do not have a cellular plan and I also took it in and out of airplane mode. Additionally, I checked my iPad GPS signal that is very strong as shown below;
GPS Signal.jpg
2018-8-13
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-13 06:03
You may want to see what type of GPS lock your new device has. There's several apps out that will give you a lot of detail including this one as an example. You might even find a free one if you don't want to spend the $3.

Just uploaded above..........
2018-8-13
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

Can you find your location on google maps?  If no, must be an issue with iPad
2018-8-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

This feature is challenging to use as it requires higher GPS accuracy on the ground than for normal flight operations. I've had mixed results -- even when flying from the same location I would sometimes get the error described above, presumably because there were less locked GPS sats in view. There has also been quite a bit of discussion as to whether Apple devices using the AT&T chipset are more prone to this problem.

Can try it with a device that is not using the AT&T radio chipset (which includes the GPS)?

2018-8-13
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-8-13 06:30
This feature is challenging to use as it requires higher GPS accuracy on the ground than for normal flight operations. I've had mixed results -- even when flying from the same location I would sometimes get the error described above, presumably because there were less locked GPS sats in view. There has also been quite a bit of discussion as to whether Apple devices using the AT&T chipset are more prone to this problem.

Can try it with a device that is not using the AT&T radio chipset (which includes the GPS)?

I.M.O. This is a DJI Go 4 app problem. Too many people with the same problem/issues. My pic in post #4 says it all. I certainly won't trust Return to Remote Location. DJI needs to address this issue.....Period.
2018-8-13
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Dalford Posted at 2018-8-13 06:22
Can you find your location on google maps?  If no, must be an issue with iPad

Location is spot on..........
2018-8-13
Use props
Dalford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 619846 ft
United States

How do you mount your iPad to the controller?  When looking at the setup is the iPad home button to the left or the right?  The reason I ask I seem to remember a post about interference of iPad and controller depending on which edge is against the controller. As I remember the button to the left was the recommended way to mount.  May be BS but hey..

Also, how are you connecting iPad to controller.  With the micro usb connector on the top left of the controller or the usb connector from the  bottom of the controller?  May try the one you are not using.. just thoughts.
2018-8-13
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Dalford Posted at 2018-8-13 16:52
How do you mount your iPad to the controller?  When looking at the setup is the iPad home button to the left or the right?  The reason I ask I seem to remember a post about interference of iPad and controller depending on which edge is against the controller. As I remember the button to the left was the recommended way to mount.  May be BS but hey..

Also, how are you connecting iPad to controller.  With the micro usb connector on the top left of the controller or the usb connector from the  bottom of the controller?  May try the one you are not using.. just thoughts.

Thanks for trying to helpi me figure this out. I use a Mavemount in which I actually did remove it and away from my immediate area when testing. It's aluminum grade but, I still gave it a try. Unfortunately, it didn't help. When using the iPad, it's rotated with the button on the right side which is also where the lightning cable plugs in. My lightning cable is one foot and plugged into the USB on the rear of the remote. I haven't used the DJI cable from day one of owning the MA. I use an Anker cable which is highly recommended by many users over the DJI cable. You're probably aware of the Dji cable being another HUGE issue due to constant signal loss between device's and the RC. You're right, it may be BS on the iPad rotation, but, I'll definitely give it a try later on today.
  On the flip side, everything else works great and I haven't had any other issues until now. I love the MA but, this particular issue is an importan one to get resolved. I still believe this is a DJI Go 4 app issue that needs to be addressed. I sincerely appreciate all your help and time in trying to find a resolution....... If a resolution is found and/or corrected, "many" people here on the forum would be much happier.   Thanks again, Ray

2018-8-14
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-14 02:05
Thanks for trying to helpi me figure this out. I use a Mavemount in which I actually did remove it and away from my immediate area when testing. It's aluminum grade but, I still gave it a try. Unfortunately, it didn't help. When using the iPad, it's rotated with the button on the right side which is also where the lightning cable plugs in. My lightning cable is one foot and plugged into the USB on the rear of the remote. I haven't used the DJI cable from day one of owning the MA. I use an Anker cable which is highly recommended by many users over the DJI cable. You're probably aware of the Dji cable being another HUGE issue due to constant signal loss between device's and the RC. You're right, it may be BS on the iPad rotation, but, I'll definitely give it a try later on today.
  On the flip side, everything else works great and I haven't had any other issues until now. I love the MA but, this particular issue is an importan one to get resolved. I still believe this is a DJI Go 4 app issue that needs to be addressed. I sincerely appreciate all your help and time in trying to find a resolution....... If a resolution is found and/or corrected, "many" people here on the forum would be much happier.   Thanks again, Ray

It's a long-running issue: Follow Me Mode DOES NOT WORK (GPS Weak)
2018-8-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I think it boils down to the accuracy reply when DJI Go4 queries the Location API. If the accuracy is greater than 5m you get the error that Mobile GPS is weak. This is because of the threshold set in the DJI Go 4 app.
When you check your location in maps you get the dot that shows where the app thinks you are based on all the information the location API has but the outer blue circle shows how accurate it actually is. This is sometimes 10m or more depending on your location.
Bear in mind the location API gets your location from multiple sources, GPS, cellular etc but the DJI app requests the devices location within a certain accuracy. I vaguely remember when looking into this some apple devices had a different gps chipset, that's not as accurate and would only show accuracy to about 10m and only sometimes getting down to between 5m and 3m.

I posted about this some time ago here.
Hope this makes sense.
2018-8-14
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-8-14 03:51
I think it boils down to the accuracy reply when DJI Go4 queries the Location API. If the accuracy is greater than 5m you get the error that Mobile GPS is weak. This is because of the threshold set in the DJI Go 4 app.
When you check your location in maps you get the dot that shows where the app thinks you are based on all the information the location API has but the outer blue circle shows how accurate it actually is. This is sometimes 10m or more depending on your location.
Bear in mind the location API gets your location from multiple sources, GPS, cellular etc but the DJI app requests the devices location within a certain accuracy. I vaguely remember when looking into this some apple devices had a different gps chipset, that's not as accurate and would only show accuracy to about 10m and only sometimes getting down to between 5m and 3m.

Thanks for the reply...... I read through your post. I do understand where your coming from but, I'll say it again.... I.M.O., it's DJI firmware and I'll add that it doesn't seem that they care to help to get it resolved simply due to this being a long time issue. Many people have tested/retested their GPS enabled devices that work flawlessly independently. DJI shouldn't place something in their DJI Go 4 app that's not dependable and/or doesn't work. Their app is supposed to be aimed toward us drone users with Apple, Android, etc. devices. The Mavic Air doesn't have Dynamic homepoint, but has Active Track which would be awesome if Return to Remote Location worked even though you would have to continuously update it as you move. This is my biggest issue with the MA, other than that it's a super nice drone to own. Thanks again, Ray
2018-8-14
Use props
Cindav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108140 ft
Australia

I have the same problem with my iPhone 7
2018-8-14
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-14 04:22
Thanks for the reply...... I read through your post. I do understand where your coming from but, I'll say it again.... I.M.O., it's DJI firmware and I'll add that it doesn't seem that they care to help to get it resolved simply due to this being a long time issue. Many people have tested/retested their GPS enabled devices that work flawlessly independently. DJI shouldn't place something in their DJI Go 4 app that's not dependable and/or doesn't work. Their app is supposed to be aimed toward us drone users with Apple, Android, etc. devices. The Mavic Air doesn't have Dynamic homepoint, but has Active Track which would be awesome if Return to Remote Location worked even though you would have to continuously update it as you move. This is my biggest issue with the MA, other than that it's a super nice drone to own. Thanks again, Ray

No problem, the mobile device GPS weak error isn't firmware, its down to a combination of the DJI Go4 app and the Apple IOS Location API. Sure DJI could increase the range of accuracy but that could have some serious saftey issues when RTH kicks in. even at a 5m range of accuracy thats a 10m diameter circle the aircraft comes back into. The best way to get this to work is to make sure you are in a clear open area, give the phone a few minutes to get a really good location lock then try updating the homepoint to the device. This has worked for me.
As for dynamic homepoint, hopefully this will come with a firmware update. They added it to other aircraft in the past. No reason why it cant be added in the future to the Air.
2018-8-14
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Malakai_UK Posted at 2018-8-14 06:53
No problem, the mobile device GPS weak error isn't firmware, its down to a combination of the DJI Go4 app and the Apple IOS Location API. Sure DJI could increase the range of accuracy but that could have some serious saftey issues when RTH kicks in. even at a 5m range of accuracy thats a 10m diameter circle the aircraft comes back into. The best way to get this to work is to make sure you are in a clear open area, give the phone a few minutes to get a really good location lock then try updating the homepoint to the device. This has worked for me.
As for dynamic homepoint, hopefully this will come with a firmware update. They added it to other aircraft in the past. No reason why it cant be added in the future to the Air.

Thanks for the information. I suspect you're right and it does make sense. I normally use Precision RTH when I launch which has worked flawlessly since I got the MA. The only reason I want to use Return to Remote Location would be for boating. With that being said, I would land it manually every time but, it would be nice to update it periodically while on the move just to keep it in close proximity. With this and using hover for RC signal loss would be a nice asset. My plans are using Active Track and without a doubt keeping VLOS. Hopefully there will be a fix for this concern that the majority of us have. Thanks again, Ray
2018-8-14
Use props
PS013
First Officer
Flight distance : 3579409 ft
United States

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-14 13:08
Thanks for the information. I suspect you're right and it does make sense. I normally use Precision RTH when I launch which has worked flawlessly since I got the MA. The only reason I want to use Return to Remote Location would be for boating. With that being said, I would land it manually every time but, it would be nice to update it periodically while on the move just to keep it in close proximity. With this and using hover for RC signal loss would be a nice asset. My plans are using Active Track and without a doubt keeping VLOS. Hopefully there will be a fix for this concern that the majority of us have. Thanks again, Ray

FYI

I am using a Bluetooth GPS ( Garmin Glo ) with my iPad Mini 4 ( Wifi only ) and do not have any problem.
Also, the battery of the Glo last forever
2018-8-14
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

PS013 Posted at 2018-8-14 15:14
FYI

I am using a Bluetooth GPS ( Garmin Glo ) with my iPad Mini 4 ( Wifi only ) and do not have any problem.

Looks nice and I'm glad it's working out. Thanks, Ray
2018-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I.M.O. This is a DJI Go 4 app problem.
That's unlikely as this feature works perfectly on Android tablets.
I'd look closely at your iPad and its GPS for the problem.

Since I don't use Apple devices I don't have 1st hand knowledge of the peculiarities of iPad GPS systems.
But if it was an Android tablet, I'd advise checking to confirm that you have GPS enabled in Location Services because the Weak GPS message can mean No GPS in DJI speak.

But whether you get GPS on your tablet or not it should be no serious issue for boating anyway.
As you don't want to be landing on a boat, the main reason to reset the home point is to prevent a situation where the drone thinks it is getting too far from home and wants to return to the launch point.
You prevent that by resetting the homepoint and either resetting it to the current location of the controller or to the drone's current location is just as good.
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-16 02:55
I.M.O. This is a DJI Go 4 app problem.
That's unlikely as this feature works perfectly on Android tablets.
I'd look closely at your iPad and its GPS for the problem.

I'm glad that your Android is working perfectly......... The only purpose I bought the new iPad 9.7 w/ cellular was for the use of Return to Remote Location while boating. My iPad Air 2 without cellular is what I normally use. I definitely will be flying manually and/or using Active Track while out on water. Also, hand launch/catch will also be done on the boat coming in on either side of the MA with Landing Protection off. In addition, I will also have it set to Hover in case of signal loss. I.M.O., to this day, I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.
Another problem is the lack of switching off Smart RTH that was in earlier versions of DJI Go 4. I have the latest app firmware 4.2.24 which is still lacking that feature. DJI's app is used mainly by Apple and/or Android devices therefore, the app should be built around it. Thanks for your input and thoughts, Ray                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Happy Flying
2018-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-16 03:27
I'm glad that your Android is working perfectly......... The only purpose I bought the new iPad 9.7 w/ cellular was for the use of Return to Remote Location while boating. My iPad Air 2 without cellular is what I normally use. I definitely will be flying manually and/or using Active Track while out on water. Also, hand launch/catch will also be done on the boat coming in on either side of the MA with Landing Protection off. In addition, I will also have it set to Hover in case of signal loss. I.M.O., to this day, I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.
Another problem is the lack of switching off Smart RTH that was in earlier versions of DJI Go 4. I have the latest app firmware 4.2.24 which is still lacking that feature. DJI's app is used mainly by Apple and/or Android devices therefore, the app should be built around it. Thanks for your input and thoughts, Ray                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   Happy Flying

I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.
You might want to believe that but you'd be wrong.
Like I tried to tell you, it's not a problem with the app at all and it's a problem with your iPad not providing GPS location data.
Whenever anyone complains about Follow-me giving the weak GPS message, it's always a case of there being no GPS.
Work out the issue with GPS on your iPad and it will work properly.

Another problem is the lack of switching off Smart RTH that was in earlier versions of DJI Go 4. I have the latest app firmware 4.2.24 which is still lacking that feature.

Smart RTH is the RTH you have when you push that RTH button on your controller or the screen.
See p14 of the Mavic manual if you doubt me.
What you are thinking of is probably what's called Low Battery RTH.
If you don't want it, it's a simple matter to cancel it when it starts to RTH.

DJI's app is used mainly by Apple and/or Android devices therefore, the app should be built around it.

You might understand what you meant but the meaning escapes me?
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-16 04:00
I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.
You might want to believe that but you'd be wrong.
Like I tried to tell you, it's not a problem with the app at all and it's a problem with your iPad not providing GPS location data.

Not going to argue the point. I gave my opinion and stand by it. My tests/pic's speak for itself in this thread. I do thank you for your insight and opinions. Ray
2018-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-16 04:05
Not going to argue the point. I gave my opinion and stand by it. My tests/pic's speak for itself in this thread. I do thank you for your insight and opinions. Ray

Twice is enough, expert.
I won't bother trying to help you any more.
Enjoy your ignorance.
2018-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

I'm glad that your Android is working perfectly......... The only purpose I bought the new iPad 9.7 w/ cellular was for the use of Return to Remote Location while boating. My iPad Air 2 without cellular is what I normally use. I definitely will be flying manually and/or using Active Track while out on water. Also, hand launch/catch will also be done on the boat coming in on either side of the MA with Landing Protection off. In addition, I will also have it set to Hover in case of signal loss. I.M.O., to this day, I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.

"Another problem is the lack of switching off Smart RTH that was in earlier versions of DJI Go 4"

It can be a bit confusing as 'smart RTH' is what DJI refer to in their documentation as pushing the RTH button or icon on RC. The switch you refer to enables or disables the 'low battery' return to home feature in DJI Go 4.
This feature still exists in latest version of DJI Go 4 for my P4 and Mavic Pro.
I use the iPad Pro 9.7 (2016) and iPhone 6s plus with latest 11.4.1 iOS.
2018-8-16
Use props
crazyray
lvl.2
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-16 04:15
"Another problem is the lack of switching off Smart RTH that was in earlier versions of DJI Go 4"

It can be a bit confusing as 'smart RTH' is what DJI refer to in their documentation as pushing the RTH button or icon on RC. The switch you refer to enables or disables the 'low battery' return to home feature in DJI Go 4.

Thanks for the reply..... You're exactly right. The manual can be pretty vague on settings and uses. I use Precision Landing and Smart RTH all the time while flying on land. The only exception I wouldn't would be  for boating. I would like to see the option of switching Smart RTH off simply due to not wanting the MA to RTH with low battery while over the water. At least it can be cancelled if needed. This along with Return to Remote not working due to lack of GPS signal is my biggest issue here. I wouldn't rely on Return to Remote Location on the boat anyway due to constantly having to update your location but, It would be nice simply as a back up. This is where Dynamic Homepoint would be a nice feature for the MA. While boating, I would manually hand launch/catch & fly along with using Active Track on occasion. I would also set RC signal loss Hover. Thanks again, Ray Happy Flying
2018-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-16 05:15
Thanks for the reply..... You're exactly right. The manual can be pretty vague on settings and uses. I use Precision Landing and Smart RTH all the time while flying on land. The only exception I wouldn't would be  for boating. I would like to see the option of switching Smart RTH off simply due to not wanting the MA to RTH with low battery while over the water. At least it can be cancelled if needed. This along with Return to Remote not working due to lack of GPS signal is my biggest issue here. I wouldn't rely on Return to Remote Location on the boat anyway due to constantly having to update your location but, It would be nice simply as a back up. This is where Dynamic Homepoint would be a nice feature for the MA. While boating, I would manually hand launch/catch & fly along with using Active Track on occasion. I would also set RC signal loss Hover. Thanks again, Ray Happy Flying

"I would like to see the option of switching Smart RTH off simply due to not wanting the MA to RTH with low battery while over the water."

That option exists in latest version of DJI Go 4 on my P4 (worked this morning) & Mavic Pro. If it does not appear for the Mavic Air then I'm sure DJI will address it, as I believe they did for the P4 Pro when it was first rolled out.

As an alternative you can always set the aircrafts current position as the new 'home position', that would at least mean it wouldn't head off into horizon if you were unable to cancel it due to loss of signal.

Edit:- Dynamic home point only operates when using active track on Mavic Pro, it doesn't continually update home point in normal use.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

crazyray Posted at 2018-8-16 05:15
Thanks for the reply..... You're exactly right. The manual can be pretty vague on settings and uses. I use Precision Landing and Smart RTH all the time while flying on land. The only exception I wouldn't would be  for boating. I would like to see the option of switching Smart RTH off simply due to not wanting the MA to RTH with low battery while over the water. At least it can be cancelled if needed. This along with Return to Remote not working due to lack of GPS signal is my biggest issue here. I wouldn't rely on Return to Remote Location on the boat anyway due to constantly having to update your location but, It would be nice simply as a back up. This is where Dynamic Homepoint would be a nice feature for the MA. While boating, I would manually hand launch/catch & fly along with using Active Track on occasion. I would also set RC signal loss Hover. Thanks again, Ray Happy Flying

Using loss of signal to hover , make sure your in VLOS .
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I'm glad that your Android is working perfectly......... The only purpose I bought the new iPad 9.7 w/ cellular was for the use of Return to Remote Location while boating. My iPad Air 2 without cellular is what I normally use. I definitely will be flying manually and/or using Active Track while out on water. Also, hand launch/catch will also be done on the boat coming in on either side of the MA with Landing Protection off. In addition, I will also have it set to Hover in case of signal loss. I.M.O., to this day, I believe this is a DJI Go 4 app problem especially after testing my new iPad GPS signal strength and accuracy.

Im not sure why you would want to turn off smart RTH , once smart RTH is initiated you can just cancel it, it will also serve to remind you that you need to retrieve craft before low battery kicks in , because you can’t cancel this on any dji craft.
So really you have no problem with smart RTH , I also believe that most would be extra careful when flying off a boat, we see many accidents, regarding your gps I think Labroids has a point here, it seems that if it works on some devices then it’s not aircraft fault but device that is having the problem.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1906 ft
United States

I have a Mavic pro, and IOS devices.  I have mine set up NOT to return to home when it hits the yellow... I just watch it manually power level wise, I hated it always instantly returning when I was playing around, probably a good call when doing real shots and not playing at home.

I do wish I could select the home point to be the controller... but Nope,  GPS is always to week, but somehow the app always knows exactly where I am from that same "weak GPS"  ... its crap on that part.

and Dynamic home is confusing, it automatically updates the home point to the drone... where the drone is at is not a home point... where I am at should be.
2018-8-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 07:12
I have a Mavic pro, and IOS devices.  I have mine set up NOT to return to home when it hits the yellow... I just watch it manually power level wise, I hated it always instantly returning when I was playing around, probably a good call when doing real shots and not playing at home.

I do wish I could select the home point to be the controller... but Nope,  GPS is always to week, but somehow the app always knows exactly where I am from that same "weak GPS"  ... its crap on that part.

"and Dynamic home is confusing, it automatically updates the home point to the drone..."

That's why it only works in Active Track mode, as an example it may be tracking you in your car, when it has moved more than 15m from previous home point it updates to current position. So that if you drive for two miles from starting position then home point will be close to where you stop. Which is useful. Likewise if actively tracking a boat, home point would always be close to hand if using 'dynamic home point'.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

I do wish I could select the home point to be the controller... but Nope,  GPS is always to week, but somehow the app always knows exactly where I am from that same "weak GPS"  ... its crap on that part.

You cannot set up smart RTH not to return home, but when smart RTH kicks in you can simply cancel by pressing the X on screen, then manually fly.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 08:40
You cannot set up smart RTH not to return home, but when smart RTH kicks in you can simply cancel by pressing the X on screen, then manually fly.

I did not say smart return to home, I said the lower power return to home.. Which you can turn off.  When mine hits the battery level to it needs to get home, it DOES NOT auto return home...There is a switch to turn this on and off in the settings.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

Dynamic home point is confusing.. as I stated.  What is the point in the home point being where the done is... that's basically the same as not having a home point.  Granted it is better then it thinking home is 2 miles away when you started tracking the object.  but it only work sin active track... so again pretty basic and useless.   If there was a switch that said it auto updated the home point to the Controlled every 15m  not that would be super used full....  and not only in active track... I manually fly mine, in boats running 30mph... so the home point constantly updated to where I am... would be nice.  

but again it needs to use the ios deviced GPS which don't work 99% of the time anyway with DJI soft ware even though the dji app shows me exactly where the controller is.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 09:02
I did not say smart return to home, I said the lower power return to home.. Which you can turn off.  When mine hits the battery level to it needs to get home, it DOES NOT auto return home...There is a switch to turn this on and off in the settings.

You said you had yours set NOT TO RTH WHEN IT REACHES YELLOW. you cannot set this you can cancel when it goes to RTH , but doing this your aircraft will just go directly to land when it thinks it only has enough battery to land, and you won’t get a warning this is happening and you can do nothing to stop this, so pretty risky when flying over water.
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 09:02
I did not say smart return to home, I said the lower power return to home.. Which you can turn off.  When mine hits the battery level to it needs to get home, it DOES NOT auto return home...There is a switch to turn this on and off in the settings.

I presume the fact that we are on the Mavic forum we are talking about one or other Mavic .
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:10
You said you had yours set NOT TO RTH WHEN IT REACHES YELLOW. you cannot set this you can cancel when it goes to RTH , but doing this your aircraft will just go directly to land when it thinks it only has enough battery to land, and you won’t get a warning this is happening and you can do nothing to stop this, so pretty risky when flying over water.

You sir are incorrect.  You can in-fact Turn OFF the auto return to home when the drone hits the return to home (yellow portion of the battery bar).  when it hits the

And yes we are talking about a Mavic Pro.  
2018-8-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mittens Posted at 2018-8-16 09:34
You sir are incorrect.  You can in-fact Turn OFF the auto return to home when the drone hits the return to home (yellow portion of the battery bar).  when it hits the

And yes we are talking about a Mavic Pro.

Ok then show me in the app where you can set RTH on low battery to not go to RTH mode ?
Your app will issue a warning when you reach yellow low battery and will RTH you can cancel this but you cannot set this to happen automatically.
2018-8-16
Use props
Mittens
lvl.3

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:10
Ok then show me in the app where you can set RTH on low battery to not go to RTH mode ?

Here you go.
19B8066C-7017-4B9C-A1BE-3EF9D697E23C.jpeg
2018-8-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules