Mavic Air RC battery won't charge
8355 9 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DFE1
lvl.1
United States

The first time i charged the RC battery, everything worked fine. When I tried to charge it a second time, nothng happens. The charging brick getw warm and so do the connectors at the micro USB port, but the battery charge lights don't illuminate and the battery charge level does not change. Any ideas?

2018-8-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If you have not used the battery in a long time, the battery will self discharge and go into sleep mode. You have to leave it in the charger for a couple of hours to wake it up. I have heard some say that pressing the battery button while in the charger also wakes it up, but I've not personally verified that.
2018-8-13
Use props
DFE1
lvl.1
United States

Thanks, but I used it yesterday. Everything worked fine. The battery is just over half charged and I wanted a full charge before I flew the drone again.  
2018-8-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DFE1 Posted at 2018-8-13 07:15
Thanks, but I used it yesterday. Everything worked fine. The battery is just over half charged and I wanted a full charge before I flew the drone again.

Don't get me wrong, I am just asking to eliminate other possible causes. Are you using the little Micro USB Adapter that came with the cable?
2018-8-13
Use props
DFE1
lvl.1
United States

Yes. As I stated I charged it after receiving it and everything worked fine. The aircraft batteries charge fine and operate as they're supposed to (charge indicator lights illuminate when plugged into charger. When I plug in the RC, no lights illuminate and after leaving it to charge for several hours, charge level does not change. After updating the RC firmware, the situation did not change.
2018-8-13
Use props
DFE1
lvl.1
United States

It turned out that the micro USB adapter was the problem. After trying a different cable to no avail, I found a cable that did not require an adapter to plug into the RC. It started charging as soon as it was plugged in.
2018-8-13
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

DFE1 Posted at 2018-8-13 12:36
It turned out that the micro USB adapter was the problem. After trying a different cable to no avail, I found a cable that did not require an adapter to plug into the RC. It started charging as soon as it was plugged in.

Great to hear! Thank you for the update.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

DFE1 Posted at 2018-8-13 07:15

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, glad to know that the issue is has been sorted. Please let us know if you encounter any issues.
2018-8-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Thanks for following up on your situation. I've seen several posts lately about USB cables being a problem one way or the other.
2018-8-13
Use props
Grant.S
New
Australia

It would appear my USB adapter is faulty as well. Does DJI provide replacements?
2019-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules