Phantom 4 pro v2 flying crooked when trying to go straight
1883 11 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

After all calibrations and refresh of fw the v2 will not fly straight it literally starts to fly diagonal. I have to counteract with yaw and right stick in one of the top corners and when i look at my red arrow for heading it is almost sideways! My v1 flew straight. I even swapped out for another brand new v2 same issue. Everyone i know with a v2 when trying to fly straight end up with a camera view that is looking at the 10 o clock position. Dji we need a fix! I would have just kept my v1 wth.
2018-8-13
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

yep same here , been like it for months and month , i just get used to adjusting while flying ,biut very annoying , really noticable when using goggles too
2018-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Sucks my v1 flew so much better about to get rid of the v2
2018-8-13
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy, I know you probably have but have you looked at the flight logs to see if its sending a signal on it on causing the drift?
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jimmy, we're sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, the current aircraft firmware is V 01.00.15.00, right? Could you send us the issue video, corresponding flight records and flight data for better assistance? We'd like to forward to our engineers for analysis, thanks so much!
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GoFly Drone Posted at 2018-8-13 07:45
yep same here , been like it for months and month , i just get used to adjusting while flying ,biut very annoying , really noticable when using goggles too

Hi GoFly Drone, could you refer to 5# and offer more data for analysis? Appreciate your time and patience.
2018-8-13
Use props
GoFly Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-13 20:23
Hi GoFly Drone, could you refer to 5# and offer more data for analysis? Appreciate your time and patience.

Hi DJI Susan, its pretty much as %5 says i push stick forward (no deviation checked in calibration ) and the drone flys off to the right slightly , you can see it more when wearing goggles.
2018-8-13
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Here is a sample ....look at the red arrow... on the bottom left of screen and how I have to counteract with yaw and right stick.... if I did not do this it would have fly sideways when trying to push the right stick to go straight
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

I have not looked at the flight logs... yes I am on the latest firmware and app. all I know is the V1's did not do this I have tried a few of the v2's swapped for new one same issue,  and all of my friends with a V2 have this problem
2018-8-14
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

DJI watch the Youtube video you definitely have to fix this with a firmware upgrade there is something wrong trust me I have a lot of DJI drones and there is something wrong with this V2 version of the p4p. It will not fly straight. Very rare when just pressing the right stick forward it will go totally straight... also another thing to note... I truly don't know if it's the camera going crooked very slowly or if it is the aircraft that starts to rotate crooked ....I think it is the aircraft because when I boot the p4p up the camera is perfectly straight and level it is not crooked this is not to say that when I'm flying it starts to drift I don't know???
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-14 06:08
https://youtu.be/ZnkO3AlcUsw
Here is a sample ....look at the red arrow... on the bottom left of screen and how I have to counteract with yaw and right stick.... if I did not do this it would have fly sideways when trying to push the right stick to go straight

Thanks for getting back to us. The issue might be caused by many factors, so we need the corresponding flight records and flight data to locate the exact reason. You may refer to this tutorial and offer when you are convenient, thanks in advance!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GoFly Drone Posted at 2018-8-13 22:32
Hi DJI Susan, its pretty much as %5 says i push stick forward (no deviation checked in calibration ) and the drone flys off to the right slightly , you can see it more when wearing goggles.

Thanks for your feedback. I'll also forward this to our engineers and see whether this can be reproduced at our end.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules