Switch off a GPS mode completely
21017 10 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Speedbird68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68422 ft
South Africa

I've hurt so many times of these flyaways and pilot error. I am scared to fly when ever I cannot get proper GPS signal here is The Dilemma when you are trying to fly your spark in a canyon where there is not enough gps signals and cellphone signal for your phone to pinpoint it's position the drone will not save its home position so I'm scared when I do lift up high in the canyon it might find enough GPS signals or lose signal with a controller and fly back to its original home Point saved point the question can one switch off the GPS function completely in the app so you are in control of the drone at all times
2018-8-13
Use props
BrandonW77
lvl.3

Due to a complete lack of punctuation I'm not entirely sure what you're asking, but I would never try to fly my Spark without a proper GPS lock if you value keeping it.
2018-8-13
Use props
Speedbird68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68422 ft
South Africa

Thanks for the language lesson, the question was can you switch of the RTH GPS function in the app.
2018-8-13
Use props
djiuser_NuStSrDUH3OU
lvl.3
Flight distance : 237789 ft
United States

No you cant
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. regarding with your concern it would be risky to fly when there is not enough GPS especially when recording the home-point. for turning off the GPS unfortunately we don't have any way to do that. whenever there is no GPS the mode of your Aircraft will be automatically on the ATTI mode meaning you'll need to control it manually.
2018-8-13
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I wouldn't fly it in a Canyon if the GPS signal is weak..  Just asking for trouble..
2018-8-13
Use props
Oscarfer30
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7756 ft

Chile

Agreed with the other folks, ATTI mode could be ok for nearby flights, but in a canyon without GPS is risky.
2018-8-13
Use props
Allsidig
New
Flight distance : 6496 ft

Norway

Jeg har en Spark drone hvor det fremkommer i håndboken at det skal være mulig å deaktivere GPS, men etter utallige søk på displayet finner jeg ikke den muligheten. Legger ved utdrag fra teksten på side 15.
Håndboken er v1.0 2017.06

If you intend to switch to modes that disable GPS assistance (e.g., Atti mode), you are required to accept the prompted disclaimer to enable this function. If this function is enabled, you further understand and agree that data, including but not limited to function records, could be uploaded to and maintained on a DJI designated server.

Håper på svar da jeg har tenkt å ta RO1 sertifikat og da må en kunne fly uten GPS.
2019-8-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Speedbird68 Posted at 2018-8-13 11:15
Thanks for the language lesson, the question was can you switch of the RTH GPS function in the app.

I don't believe you can.
2020-2-12
Use props
fans59ed8482
New

Singapore

I’m facing often with DJI mini with lost of connection in midair, sometime at 20m, 30m, 50m and its pretty often this happen and at time it just go auto landing, I wonder why
2020-5-1
Use props
red rob
lvl.1
United States

I have need to disable GPS support too, with my Mavic Air 2.  Reason being -- when flying indoors (harder to get GPS signal) it seems that the altitude (and sometimes forward movement) is disabled when the GPS signal is not found.  No concern of losing the craft when flying indoors, but do need height (e.g. when shooting in cathedral)
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules