2427 20 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gjvanl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7 ft
United States

Hey folks,
I have an issue with my DJI Phantom 3 standard. I went to fly yesterday, connected ok to the controller, camera was working, went to start up to fly in FPV mode, and the drone would not start. Notice popped up on the screen sayin that the compass may need calibrating. I went to the app and tried to calibrate, but got no response. This has me baffled. I am using Litchi app. I did download the DJI Go app and tried with that to calibrate, no luck, the UAV did not respond. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks in Advance
Gary V.
2018-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Find a place outside away from any steel and try to calibrate.
2018-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. regarding with your concern I would suggest when calibrating the compass make sure you are in open area and there's no interference and magnetic interference as well.
2018-8-13
Use props
Gjvanl
lvl.1
United States

Stephen
I was in an open area and the closest metal object was approximately 40 feet away, and still no results.
Thanks
Gary V
2018-8-13
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sure there's no metal in the pavement below you?
2018-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Check the sensors section of app and see if compass has any numeric values.
2018-8-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Go to the sensors page in the app and see what it's showing for the compass data.
Can you see numbers there? (it's connected)
If you see zeros, that indicates your compass isn't connected.

Either a fine wire is broken down near the bottom of the landing gear or the connection to the mainboard is loose.
Calibration won't succeed until this is fixed.
2018-8-13
Use props
Gjvanl
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-13 13:32
Go to the sensors page in the app and see what it's showing for the compass data.

I am using the Litchi app, I'll check that, thanks
Gary V.
2018-8-13
Use props
Gjvanl
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-13 13:32

Sensors page, is this in the DJI Go app? I opened this app but did not see any info for the compass, the IMU would not come up so I could see if it had any values.
2018-8-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gjvanl Posted at 2018-8-13 14:47
Sensors page, is this in the DJI Go app? I opened this app but did not see any info for the compass, the IMU would not come up so I could see if it had any values.

Yes, it's in the DJI app settings
2018-8-13
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

Make sure your AC is on when you check.
2018-8-13
Use props
Gjvanl
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-13 15:11
Make sure your AC is on when you check.

Hey Folks,
The problem is fixed, the compass connection on the motherboard was loose. Reseated and back flying again.
Thanks for the help.
Gary V.
2018-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
United States

I have had that happen myself.  Seems to be a very delicate connection and easy to come loose.
2018-8-14
Use props
mclana
New

China

https://forum.dji.com/member.php ... %3D68&type=post
2018-8-14
Use props
mclana
New

China

Thanks for sharing the information about vibration, my http://www.lzzgchina.com/product ... ating-screen-2.html[/url]has a loud noise, i don not know how to deal with.
2018-8-14
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Hong Kong

Gjvanl Posted at 2018-8-13 14:47
Just read later posts and I see you solved it ... excellent ...

For anyone new its worth noting that :

You must have all items powered up and connected ... Controller ... Drone ... Tablet with GO ... to be able to alter settings, view info about all items.

If you only have GO without powering anything else - then most of the items do not show and you cannot view.

If you only use Litchi - did you register via GO with DJI to have account as it asks before only using Litchi ?

Nigel
2018-8-14
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

In addition, as I recall, Litchi doesn't have a IMU calibration. YOU must use Go for that function. And.... if you have both Go and Litchi on the same device for flying, be sure to force close both apps prior to flying. Since they remain in memory, they will/can cause errant behavior of the intended app to fly if the unused app is not force closed.
2018-8-15
Use props
fanse57597e3
New

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-13 13:24
Check the sensors section of app and see if compass has any numeric values.

I'm having the same calibration problems with my P3Pro. When I go to the sensors and look under compass it has nothing but zeros. What should I do at this point?
2018-10-21
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fanse57597e3 Posted at 2018-10-21 06:20
I'm having the same calibration problems with my P3Pro. When I go to the sensors and look under compass it has nothing but zeros. What should I do at this point?

I believe all zeros means you either have a disconnected compass cable or you have a break in the compass cable or your compass needs to be replaced.  Good luck
2018-10-21
Use props
JSKCKNIT
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1208566 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse57597e3 Posted at 2018-10-21 06:20

Did you ever get this fixed?
2018-10-31
Use props
allower
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12283 ft

Sweden

Hello.
I have a Phantom 3 4K and im getting "compass error exit p-gps mode". I have done IMU calibration, is that the correct way to calibrate compass? When I did that I was on an open field with no metal.

But when i have scrolled around the forum I have learned that the cable connector to the motherboard can come loose. When I get the error it switches back to normal within a few seconds and it's often when I do a fast turn och go up in altitude or down fast.

Is there any other way to calibrate the compass or any other solution? or should I open it up and check the cable connector?

Best Regards /Christian
2022-7-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules