Problem with firmware and link of RC controller
528 8 2018-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fossy
lvl.1
Spain

Hello:

Yesterday I was having problems with my P3S, in app (iPhone 6 +) DJI Go was black, without information..., only icons and N/A...

Here in my house, I download the latest firmware, copy BIN to sd card (formatted of course) and turn on the aircraft, it begins to install the firmware, but after few minutes, led gimball turn to red (fixed) and an CONSTANT beep. After few minutes I power off the aircraft, eject the micro SD card and read in computer the log file, and it says "remo-con disconnect, Result: Failed. Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again". Effectively now RC control is not linked to aircraft, and now I can't link to aircraft..., the led down of switch button for link IS OFF!, it should be green and turn red when button is pressed, but this led IS OFF!, and button not work..., I can't link the aircraft with RC controller, and I tried to install firmware more than 10 times, and in all times same issue occurs, led from gimball turns fixed red and accompanied of constant beep.

I'm desperate, I need it for tomorrow!!, I need record an wedding.

I think that aircraft down led (switch for link RC control) if off because installing firmware process is not completed, but if this module is not work, I can't link the RC control and firmware never install it without remote control..., please, how I can do???.

Please, any help?. Thanks!!.

Jose.

2018-8-13
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Did you charge all batteries fully before you upgrade the firm ware?  Had the Phantom system has been disturbed during upgrade (interferences,lack of power or same) ? Was the system rebooting during upgrade?
2018-8-13
Use props
Fossy
lvl.1
Spain

Thanks for your reply Peterx.

Yes, all 100% charged, the system that I try to upgrade is the latets version (1.09.200).

The problem is that the Led and button switch RC syncro is not work, it is off. I cant sync the RC and firmware fails log  indicates that error was remote control disconnected.

How I can update it without connect the RC?.

Thanks.
2018-8-14
Use props
djiuser_0dTaqL7HzeLG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33346 ft
United States

What version did you download?
2018-8-14
Use props
Fossy
lvl.1
Spain

Hello djuser...

I say it in my last post, I downloaded the latest version (1.09.200), but I tried with other older versions (1.8 and 1.6) with the same error.

Thanks!.
2018-8-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

The 1.09.0200 is an all in one update pack. It´s for all components of the Phantom´s System RC,AC and batteries. You need the RC powered on.
2018-8-15
Use props
Fossy
lvl.1
Spain

Peterx Posted at 2018-8-15 22:20
The 1.09.0200 is an all in one update pack. It´s for all components of the Phantom´s System RC,AC and batteries. You need the RC powered on.

Exists any firmware for only aircraft?.

Thanks.
2018-8-20
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft

Fossy Posted at 2018-8-20 13:47
Exists any firmware for only aircraft?.

Thanks.

I'm sure all firmware versions have always been Al-In-One upgrades. Upgrading by SD card is not always a good process unless a failed upgrade has occurred. I've had this link issue after upgrading firmware a couple years ago and my best advice is to download and paste the same .bin file version you had before onto the SD card. Then,  without turning on the display device and the controller, power on the aircraft WITHOUT the SD card inserted. Leave the remote and display device off during the entire process. Once the aircraft initializes, insert the SD card and the aircraft will sense the SD card and will begin the upgrade. If the upgrade seems to stop or the beeping begins just let it continue for a half an hour. DO NOT turn off the aircraft unless the beeping continues beyond 30 minutes. You do not need the aircraft linked to the controller to upgrade just the aircraft. Once the process completes and the LED on the front of the gimbal returns to solid green, turn off the aircraft. Turn on the controller first and then turn on the aircraft the aircraft. You will probably have to link the controller to the aircraft using the S2 switch and the link button on the side of the aircraft. Last of all, do a normal power up by linking the display device to the controller's wifi, then power up the aircraft and once the controller's power LED turns green and the link button also turns green, run the DJIGO app. Always start the GO app last. If a firmware upgrade is recommended by the GO app, follow the app's instructions and allow the app to upgrade to the latest firmware version. It's best that the firmware upgrade on the remote, aircraft and batteries are done through the GO app. Only then can full compatibility between all components be achieved.
A forum moderator may pick up on this conversation and possibly PM you a link for additional instructions and you may want to follow their advice.
I hope this works for you.         
2018-8-21
Use props
Peterx
First Officer

Fossy Posted at 2018-8-20 13:47
Exists any firmware for only aircraft?.

Thanks.

Not that i know. Sorry.
2018-8-21
Use props