DJI GO-Supported Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 MIUI 9 for Mavic
5815 13 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
socialdomus
lvl.1

Italy

I have a DJI Mavic Pro and I am looking for a  new smartphone. I am going to buy a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (MIUI 9 / 10). Does anyone know if DJI GO supports this Xiaomi phone (and this version of Miui) or if there is some incompatibility ?

many thanks !!
2018-8-14
Use props
Mullheliflier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12305135 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This may help your choice- https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips ... go-updated-daily.18
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is a powerful device and it might work fine with the APP, however, we cannot guarantee if you can use all features and functionality  of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more options in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.

2018-8-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-14 05:00
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is a powerful device and it might work fine with the APP, however, we cannot guarantee if you can use all features and functionality  of the APP. Rest assured that we will keep improving our products to provide you more options in terms of phone compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.

How about instead of ONE giant app that eats resources galore, you instead create a couple of apps for different crafts. Put the Mavic and Spark lines on one app, and the Phantoms and others on their own app.

Might save from all the negativity that is flying in the face of DJI over the past few months regarding devices, as well as that mostly unusable list that gets prompted in every "device" topic. There are many here with devices on that list that no longer work. There have been many topics regarding that as well.
2018-8-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-14 05:07
How about instead of ONE giant app that eats resources galore, you instead create a couple of apps for different crafts. Put the Mavic and Spark lines on one app, and the Phantoms and others on their own app.

Might save from all the negativity that is flying in the face of DJI over the past few months regarding devices, as well as that mostly unusable list that gets prompted in every "device" topic. There are many here with devices on that list that no longer work. There have been many topics regarding that as well.

For those not working, some verygood tips in link below have worked for many.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/ ... ep-by-step-guide.31

Also 4.2.24 has just been released for Android .
2018-8-14
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-14 11:11

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31

I'll have to try it. See what the notes say.
2018-8-14
Use props
socialdomus
lvl.1

Italy

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-14 05:00

Thank you for your quick reply !
2018-8-15
Use props
socialdomus
lvl.1

Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-14 11:11

http://www.phantomhelp.com/tips/install-dji-go-on-an-android-tablet-or-phone-step-by-step-guide.31

Many thanks !!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

socialdomus Posted at 2018-8-15 13:32
Thank you for your quick reply !

You're welcome. If you have another concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-16
Use props
Jimmy Chu22
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-16 01:29
You're welcome. If you have another concern, please let us know. Thanks for your support.

Hello DJI Paladin.  

I use Medmi note 5 and it work very good with Android 7 on it.  For Pete sake don't let anyone upgrade to Android 8, its an option, but  then your go app will crash.

God Bress,

2018-9-1
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 2018-9-1 16:44
Hello DJI Paladin.  

I use Medmi note 5 and it work very good with Android 7 on it.  For Pete sake don't let anyone upgrade to Android 8, its an option, but  then your go app will crash.

Thanks for the feedback and suggestion. Hopefully, your experience can help our co-pilots here, thanks for your support.
2018-9-4
Use props
ocho81
New
Flight distance : 29462 ft

Spain

Jimmy Chu22 Posted at 9-1 16:44
Hello DJI Paladin.  

I use Medmi note 5 and it work very good with Android 7 on it.  For Pete sake don't let anyone upgrade to Android 8, its an option, but  then your go app will crash.

Late.... my Redmi Note 5 comes with Android 8.1 and Miui 10 from factory, and i get so many video lag, green screen with my Phantom 3 Standard ....
2018-11-6
Use props
djiuser_YzdPYzi4jH7g
lvl.1

Italy

ocho81 Posted at 11-6 14:19
Late.... my Redmi Note 5 comes with Android 8.1 and Miui 10 from factory, and i get so many video lag, green screen with my Phantom 3 Standard ....

Redmi Note 5 comes with Android 8.1 and Miui 10 Works well on Mavic Pro with latest firmware 400 / even with previous versions. Greetings
2018-11-6
Use props
plainman007
lvl.2

India

Dear Social,

I trusted the DJI website claiming the Redmi Note 5 as compatible and got jacked. The phone doesnt work well with the DJI app. But then which phone does. My personal experience has been that the DJI app will always have 3-4 of the features not working on different phones this set of 3-4 features will vary. Pay not to DJIPaladin's statement. Its a blanket statement (red flag) intimating you quite simply that they dont know squat of whether it will or wont work.

I had bought a new phone (brand new/nothing else installed/only for the mavic remote) for my Mavic AIR. Voice features and home point announcement didnt work. So i had to scrap that phone. Then i bought the Redmi Note 5 as it was on the DJI APPROVED PHONES page on their website. Now the vocal announcement works but video feed is crap. Its tears and pixellates so that i cant even frame the shot. This happens at 1feet away to 400m away too. So its not distance or signal based. The damn phone doesnt like the video feed thats it. On my previous new phone video was ok, no home point confirmation, voice etc. LOL. Happy experimenting. I feel bad for you if youve bought it already. If your somehow having better luck than me with the same phone then please reply here so ill know too.

Thanks
2019-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules