Crash spark, advice
647 9 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1a7b5cde
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys!This is my first post and one that it's painful. I got my spark on May and last weekend it flight too close to some trees and end up falling to the ground after being tracking someone. I got the gimbal broken (or the piece that hold the camara) the Cam still feeding video. One leg it's a bit getting open from the coloured part of the drone.
Now my dilemma is, I'm on a long holydays next week, I have little to not time, but I don't know if the cost of trying to save my little spark will be close to get a new or refurbished one.

I'm flying in a week and I doub't I could even have an answer of what it's the stimate for repair the drone (I'm UK base and I will need to send in the Netherlands)
Definetelly I will miss the oportunity of getting nice shots for my holidays but I'm hesetating if it's even worth it try to save the drone.

Thanks in advance!!

ouch

ouch

2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for what happen to your Aircraft. regarding with that I would suggest to you to reach out one of our support channel for you to have an assistance. you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between online support, email and phone
2018-8-14
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

If you are up to it, do it yourself.. A frame is about 40-50 pound, needs a lot of soldering...or just plasticweld the cracked part back , 30-40watt soldering iron does the trick for me.. The camera is another thing, i cant seem to find any cheap ones yet...they are about 130-150 pound. .
But if you want to sell it, then PM me, i could use spare parts for. My own fixes.
2018-8-14
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

You are not flying that thing in that condition anyway so just get it air worthy again professionally.
2018-8-14
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

Medic this man needs a medic!!
2018-8-14
Use props
fans1a7b5cde
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I already contact DJI support I need to send it to the Netherlands, that means no time before my trip and as Joller mention I'm guessing a bill close to be £200 at the end of the day mmm. does anyone knows if the assessment of the potential cost it's free?
2018-8-15
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

I would get that drone repaired or replaced and get either a second hand or refurbished one for your trip away.    I hope you had Care Refresh??
2018-8-15
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Carmenvail Posted at 2018-8-14 20:01
Medic this man needs a medic!!

LOL.....   NURSE!!!!!
2018-8-15
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

If i may advice, better send the broken one to the service without any hurry and enjoy your trip without a drone this time ( believe there will be a lot of other opprtuniteis) or try to get as a temporary solution the refurbished one, if you can find it fast. In future one spare drone can be useful or you may deide to sell it back
Have a nice trip!
2018-8-15
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

sorry to read that
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules