Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ipad air 2 or mini ipad? VOTE ?
56373 219 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Minnesota Q
lvl.2
Flight distance : 183018 ft
United States

Does the iPad Air 2 fit in the R/C without a extender?
2017-1-18
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

I ordered a iPad mini 4 64 gig with LTE compatibility for my P4P. I'm getting it tomorrow and I'm excited to try it out. I've been flying with my GS7 phone and it works, but it can be hard to see things with my old eyes...
It'll be the first Apple product I own, so I hope that it's easy to figure out....
2017-2-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Minnesota Q Posted at 2017-1-18 19:10
Does the iPad Air 2 fit in the R/C without a extender?

Yes, it clears by 1mm.  No extender needed.

I prefer the larger screen as I use Autopilot and the extra real estate to plan and draw out mission is almost impossible to do on any mini device with a small screen.  Their in-flight screen has a lot of data on it too and a small screen get too cluttered.

There are rumors of an iPad Air 3 coming out in maybe another month (March 2017).  Just what is unknown, but maybe even a more powerful processor.
2017-2-13
Use props
a320jockey
New
Flight distance : 4865 ft
United States

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and eager to learn from the group and share my own experence as it builds up. I am currently setting up my new Phantom 4 Pro and consider convenient to have an iPad4 mini LTE which will allow me to have GPS and be inside the cellular network which becomes convenient for map and other data to be available while outside.

However I am not sure which memory option would be the best. 32 looks too small so I am deciding between the 64 and 128GB options. Is it worth the extra money and go for the 128GB?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Carlos
2017-2-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

a320jockey Posted at 2017-2-13 09:40
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and eager to learn from the group and share my own experence as it builds up. I am currently setting up my new Phantom 4 Pro and consider convenient to have an iPad4 mini LTE which will allow me to have GPS and be inside the cellular network which becomes convenient for map and other data to be available while outside.

32GB is more than adequate providing you don't load it up with apps, movies, and songs.   My Air 2 is only 16GB and fine for drone stuff and those needed apps like Autopilot, Litchi, GO, etc.

However, my Androids have far more memory like 128GB and another with  64GB card and it base memory and I suspect the added space and all the crapware apps I installed on those is giving me video lag and other issues with some crapware tossing up ads and running in the background at times when GO is running.  The iPad Air 2 is clean of that stuff and runs better overall than Android, ime.

Also, I think you are better off buying the Apple at a non-cellular store before they can load up their own bloatware into the device and sell it.  T-mobile installed a lot of their own stuff on my Samsung phone as well as Samsung themselves.  Not good, and some of it I cannot get rid of.
2017-2-13
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

I use iPad air 2.  The holder is fine and I like the screen size. I also take my phone w/me so if I need the GPS signal for follow me I can do that but the screen is way to small for me to fly a lot with.
I really love the iPad air 2. I have had no issues with it.
I only use iPad for flying Phantom and nothing else. When I'm not flying......My pad is in the pack with my drone. I only have one app on the pad and that's the
DJI go4.

2017-2-14
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

iPad mini 4, 64GB, no cellular. Works fine, got a sun hood from Aliexpress which is a perfect fit so brightness is not an issue. The size is handy but I have to admit that a bigger screen would be easier to draw flight paths, at the cost of portability. I like my small iPad and while the P4P was the main reason to get one, in the meanwhile it has become my media-center at home: connected to Gramofon (Spotify), Apple TV (Youtube etc) and Netflix. Also easy for browsing on the couch, leaving the laptop on the table
2017-2-14
Use props
Johnnyv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2798707 ft
Canada

The bigger, the better.
2017-3-1
Use props
TPVAerials
lvl.3

United States

Out of the 2 original choices, I would go for the iPad Air 2.
Now that the iPad Pro 9.7" is out, I would opt for that! Like others have said, the 9.7" iPads will fit in the RC holder without an extension. The iPad Pro has more processing power than the iPad Air 2 if you are wanting to use the iPad for mulitple functions rather than just a screen to use for flying!
2017-3-7
Use props
cornelltech
New

India

Apple MacBook Pro - Cornelltech-in

Product Details:

FREEBIES : VR GLASS
Intel Core i5 Processor
4 GB DDR3 RAM
500 GB HDD
Mac OSX 10.9 upgradable 10.12.3
13.3 inch Display
DVD Writer
One Year International Global Warranty from Apple India.

Contact Details - Get more Information
Contact Number: +91-8401670006
Email: contact@cornelltech.in

2017-4-21
Use props
Auld Weegie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63862 ft
United Kingdom

Hello again folks,  sorry about late response. Life and things in general getting in the way of my Phantom time.
So, now that the weather might be warming up there might be a few more flying days.

I took the advice mentioned earlier and also the recommendations of the "Drone Guy" in the local Apple Store. I started off with a 16GB iPad 2. It lasted 3 days before getting traded back in for a 32GB. Recent solar activity made me decide on a "proper" sun-shield. The Prop Guard box had served its alternative purpose in life.
2017-4-28
Use props
Auld Weegie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 63862 ft
United Kingdom

Lost some of this post. No matter.

I got mauled by the Drone Bug and managed to snaffle a Phantom3 Pro.. on the day before DJI pulled the rug on the P3 range. Of course that meant a new Manfrotto backpack and all the other bits & bobs such as another iPad 2 and extra batteries. You know the story.
2017-4-28
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

Jimw_61 Posted at 2015-5-26 07:49
I fly mine with the iPad 2 air and love it; sunshade, make you own for under $5.00 USD.
Glue, Black Foam Core, razor knife, imagination.

No problem with the sunshade it is the temp which gets to 120 here ( outside of palm springs)
2017-6-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Still rocking with the iPad Air2 here.

Nothing but good times, since day one, not an issue or concern. Sun can glare the screen though...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-8
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just got a Ipad Pro 10.5, fits in the P4P controller bracket as well, loving the extra bright screen compared to other ipads.
CPU seems to be coping with IOS11 and DJIGo4 updates.

Hopefully future proofed going with this model
2017-9-26
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad air 2 user here.
2017-10-1
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i still like the ipad mini 2
2017-11-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Wizzokartworld Posted at 2017-11-14 09:42
i still like the ipad mini 2

Ok, but it lacks power these days, probably not good enough to run the latest version of DJI Go4.
2018-11-16
Use props
djiuser_WEhlob4rwJSE
lvl.1

Turkey

Mini 1 doesn't work.   Not on the compatible list.
2018-12-10
Use props
djiuser_2dtWgxBXs1AE
lvl.2

Turkey

Mini 1 doesn't work.   Not on the compatible list.
https://tgw.onl/hostgator/ https://tgw.onl/dreamhost/ https://tgw.onl/bluehost/
2018-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules