St. Thomas USVI
990 6 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

I was planning on taking my Phantom 2 Vision to St. Thomas, USVI for an extended vacation...does anyone know if the device will function there?  I have done the latest firmware upgrade...
2015-5-26
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

why wouldn't it?  have you looked at the no fly zone maps to be sure?
2015-5-26
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

My concern is the proximity of the airport...pretty much the entire island is within 5 miles of the airport...
2015-5-26
Use props
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

Its also covered in mountain terran and the airport is at the far end. Planes have to go quite high to clear the mountains which im sure is allot higher then what you would be flying your quad. Im sure the flight path for planes will be out over the water. Do your flying on the north and east side of the island and you will be ok. Ive been to that island about 12 times. All on ships.
2015-5-28
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

Kilted Flyer Posted at 2015-5-29 09:01
Its also covered in mountain terran and the airport is at the far end. Planes have to go quite high  ...

Thanks for the response...I will be staying in a villa overlooking Morningstar Beach very close to where the cruise ships come in...I assumed that I would be ok but just wanted to check with someone...I don't need to end up in a St. Thomas jail...
2015-5-29
Use props
Kilted Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1096637 ft
United States

greensurvivorwa Posted at 2015-5-29 20:49
Thanks for the response...I will be staying in a villa overlooking Morningstar Beach very close to ...

Besides the large airport.. There are seaplanes that come in and takeoff from the harbor near where the ships are. If your out flying, keep a lookout for those.
2015-6-2
Use props
greensurvivorwa
lvl.1

United States

Kilted Flyer Posted at 2015-6-2 19:32
Besides the large airport.. There are seaplanes that come in and takeoff from the harbor near wher ...

Thanks for the advice.  I appreciate it!!!
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules