DJI GO 4 V.4.2.24 Available now for Android.
123Next >
14076 81 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2018-8-18 07:04
Great testing!I still have no chance flying outdoor. Too hot out there. But I have tested indoor OPTI mode hovering without issue. Tested devices are S8+ and Mate 10 pro.

Too hot out there.

Is it to hot for you or to hot for drone / smartdevice?   What temps in F-degs are you experiencing?

2018-8-18
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Can't wait to get it on my CS
2018-8-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-18 11:13
Not in anyway trashing or putting down all you and your clubs testing efforts.

Customers should NOT have to test DJI's software (Apps, Firmware, Programs, OS).

Think it’s fair to say, since the beginning of these consumer drones from dji, customers have always tested both FW/SW, and other users have benefited from this, while we should expect testing to go well, it’s not always the case , maybe because of the diversity of different devices being used, but I don’t see any harm in users testing and giving feedback, in fact a lot of users find this helpful,
We see this happening with many electronic gadgets , cameras for one which also have similar problems , particularly regarding new FW.
I don’t believe we will see a change in users both wanting to test and posting results of those tests. Nothing in technology seems to be without problems, so user information is very useful and should be encouraged and respected for what it is.
2018-8-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-8-18 11:43
Think it’s fair to say, since the beginning of these consumer drones from dji, customers have always tested both FW/SW, and other users have benefited from this, while we should expect testing to go well, it’s not always the case , maybe because of the diversity of different devices being used, but I don’t see any harm in users testing and giving feedback, in fact a lot of users find this helpful,
We see this happening with many electronic gadgets , cameras for one which also have similar problems , particularly regarding new FW.
I don’t believe we will see a change in users both wanting to test and posting results of those tests. Nothing in technology seems to be without problems, so user information is very useful and should be encouraged and respected for what it is.

Which is why I put at the top: ''Not in anyway trashing or putting down all you and your clubs testing efforts.''

I applaud his and his clubs efforts.  Perhaps I should put it this way: I don't applaud DJI's.
2018-8-18
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Well, took the Mavic out for a whole 4 minutes today. A whole 4 minutes, video was completely pixalated and trash the whole time.

When the Mavic 2 comes out I'm gonna be pretty vocal about not buying this trash.
2018-8-18
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

nnote Posted at 2018-8-18 17:52
Well, took the Mavic out for a whole 4 minutes today. A whole 4 minutes, video was completely pixalated and trash the whole time.

When the Mavic 2 comes out I'm gonna be pretty vocal about not buying this trash.

Which Mavic do you have and which phone are you using ?
2018-8-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Has this popped up on the Google Playstore?
2018-8-18
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Yes. Tested with Mavic Pro, Axon 7, Android 8. Video transmission problems are gone. 3 good flights today.

On the latest firmware the drone looks less stable than before, but that should be unrelated to the app. And I might be biased as I had read about the possile issue before.
2018-8-18
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Why does it ask for permission for phone and to make and receive calls?
2018-8-19
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

I installed 4.2.24 on huawei p8 lite and I have excellent video stream! But a message appeared in the upper left: Self-Discharge in Storage-- What does it mean? what does it mean?!?!
2018-8-19
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-8-18 18:14
Which Mavic do you have and which phone are you using ?

Mavic pro on Nexus 6P <-- claimed supported device by DJI.
2018-8-19
Use props
samgawthorpdji
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Did people who downloaded this give permission for dji to make and receive calls? Tried on 3 phones, and can not proceed until I grant this permission. Bit of an odd and worrying request
2018-8-19
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Interesting.  I installed 4.2.24 the other day and just got back from Testing it.  Flew perfectly (Again).  No pixelation, no dropped signal, no asking permission to use my phone, no nothing that it hasn't already done.  Flew perfectly again.  The only thing that to me is still screwed up is the still photo cache file still isn't making it to my phone.  The switch in the app is turned on.  This time all I have is the folder DJI_RECORD which has the videos.  Usually I get a DJI_CACHE about 3 hours after I fly.  I haven't gotten the stills copied to my phone since 4.2.6 I think.  Minor irritation....

Samsung Note 5
Android 7.1
2018-8-19
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-18 11:13
Not in anyway trashing or putting down all you and your clubs testing efforts.

Customers should NOT have to test DJI's software (Apps, Firmware, Programs, OS).

We do our own tracking of devices that work or that do not. We document the issues and workarounds for people in our local drone club as well as around the web.

DJI needs to do a more thorough job on testing devices with their products.. at least the more commonly sold ones. They can't say resources are not available.

We realize DJI app will mostly be a long term beta. They update with features, bug fixes or hack prevention codes.

IF they trash the app, I as well as many others will get on DJI about it, and in as many outlets. IF they fix it, we'll do the same. It's always going to change, just like firmware, and many times the fw and latest app have to work together. Some customers dislike DJI for that very reason. Many others do not mind considering the product is very good when that app and fw are well.
2018-8-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-19 14:10
We do our own tracking of devices that work or that do not. We document the issues and workarounds for people in our local drone club as well as around the web.

DJI needs to do a more thorough job on testing devices with their products.. at least the more commonly sold ones. They can't say resources are not available.

Since DJI is valued around $15 Billion, and reportedly raked in $2.83 billion last year; DJI should have more than doubled needed resources.
When a company is raking in that kind of cash, while failing to fix software problems over a year old, well you get idea...

2018-8-19
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
Flight distance : 401706 ft
United States

sica Posted at 2018-8-19 06:17
I installed 4.2.24 on huawei p8 lite and I have excellent video stream! But a message appeared in the upper left: Self-Discharge in Storage-- What does it mean? what does it mean?!?!

It means your battery was in self discharge mode when you used it.
2018-8-19
Use props
desel
lvl.2
Czechia

does work live view on galaxy s8 on full screen ? Because last version with full screen wiew is 4.4.14 :-(
2018-8-19
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Updated, and was a whole full battery in the air. Glad to say, no video lag or freeze frames. No "no signal" so far. I am holding thumbs that it stay like this.
Using Huawei p10 pro, and Samsung 10.2 tab, and Huawei Mate 7. ( Mate 7 does not want to update to the latest version of DJI go.)
Also, just a shout out for Litchi, installed it, and it works perfectly. Was a pleasure to fly with it after all the problems with the previous Go apps.
SO FAR, GOOD NEWS.
2018-8-20
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-19 18:30
It means your battery was in self discharge mode when you used it.

that's what I understand! But what is the meaning of the message? Information? Warning that the battery is self-discharging before take-off? What is the purpose of this message? On any previous version I have not seen this message ... Perhaps an Admin can help us out
2018-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Probably means the battery is past the unused time where it starts to discharge itself automatically.

A warning like this is needed otherwise you end up flying and get cell deviations and sudden drops of % due to how the discharge works.
2018-8-20
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

It simply means the battery was in self-discharge mode when you used it.  I don't think there are an dire consequences, but no doubt the battery wasn't at 100%.  I've had t grab a SD battery for a quick flight knowing it wasn't at 100%, and didn't have a problem. But, that warning for that battery will not go away until it's fully recharged again. Don't sweat it.
2018-8-20
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

MrArcher Posted at 2018-8-20 05:10
I simply means the battery was in self-discharge mode when you used it.  I don't think there are an dire consequences, but no doubt the battery wasn't at 100%.  I've had t grab a SD battery for a quick flight knowing it wasn't at 100%, and didn't have a problem. But, that warning for that battery will not go away until it's fully recharged again. Don't sweat it.

It depends a bit on how discharged.
The MP battery at least self discharge seems to do 1 cell at a time rather than drain all evenly as a flight would.
As a result of this ive seen the battery percentage drop suddenly by 10-20% or so.  You can live with that if you start on 90%+ but if it happens lower it might mean you dont get home or it auto lands somewhere inconvenient.

I'd much prefer self-discharge to drain the cells evenly but a new warning about it being in discharge is welcome - ive flown a few times not realising it had started (with starting battery showing 90-98%).
2018-8-20
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

gnirtS Posted at 2018-8-20 05:21
It depends a bit on how discharged.
The MP battery at least self discharge seems to do 1 cell at a time rather than drain all evenly as a flight would.
As a result of this ive seen the battery percentage drop suddenly by 10-20% or so.  You can live with that if you start on 90%+ but if it happens lower it might mean you dont get home or it auto lands somewhere inconvenient.

Well of course, it doesn't make sense to put up a drone with a close to dead battery.  I was talking about a battery that was at 90%.  I have not seen the discharge occurring unevenly - Nor, any sudden drop in battery life once you get the drone in the air. When I touched the button the remaining power level reported with the green lights matched what Go 4 stated very closely.

But then again, I do not make a habit about using discharging batteries.  It absolutely is not a practice I would recommend engaging unless you just need to put it up in the air for a quick test.  I'm merely telling the guy what happened, what it means, and that there is nothing to worry about other than simply recharge the battery.

I do agree this is a good alert as just relying on the time remaining might be hard to notice a discharged battery.

Overall, I hate the fact that is not safe to maintain the batteries full at all times, so you can be ready to fly at a moments notice.  I can't recall any other batteries that are supposedly harmed by keeping them full, so this entire self-discharge feature seems to be a bandaid. I'd much rather them find a better composition that doesn't degrade with a full charge.

2018-8-20
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-8-19 16:14
DJI needs to do a more thorough job on testing devices with their products.. at least the more commonly sold ones. They can't say resources are not available.

Since DJI is valued around $15 Billion, and reportedly raked in $2.83 billion last year; DJI should have more than doubled needed resources.

Companies that get bigger tend to look at service as not an investment, but more as a cost they must limit.

I agree 100% when you have the resources there are no excuses. If the company was only worth 1M, it would not matter. The success is based on the strength of customer service. If that falters, guaranteed most of the time that the company will lose customers.

Some companies have loyal consumers, but testing that loyalty is not always the best idea.
2018-8-20
Use props
BearMan54
lvl.3
Flight distance : 161923 ft
United States

You don't want to store a battery with a full charge for a long time, so if the battery hasn't been used in 10 days it starts discharging till the battery gets to 65%....
2018-8-20
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

BearMan54 Posted at 2018-8-20 11:08
You don't want to store a battery with a full charge for a long time, so if the battery hasn't been used in 10 days it starts discharging till the battery gets to 65%....

The time before self-discharge starts is user adjustable.
2018-8-20
Use props
djiuser_iTYmGJ1Ipw3c
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-8-18 23:16
Yes. Tested with Mavic Pro, Axon 7, Android 8. Video transmission problems are gone. 3 good flights today.

On the latest firmware the drone looks less stable than before, but that should be unrelated to the app. And I might be biased as I had read about the possile issue before.

I have flow about 5 times and I have to say transmission is better, less pixelation, and less notifications. So far have not had Motor notifications. Crossing my fingers that this stays working this way.
2018-8-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

miketmtpro Posted at 2018-8-20 07:43
Companies that get bigger tend to look at service as not an investment, but more as a cost they must limit.

I agree 100% when you have the resources there are no excuses. If the company was only worth 1M, it would not matter. The success is based on the strength of customer service. If that falters, guaranteed most of the time that the company will lose customers.

Think it would be fair to say Customer service has improved greatly at dji, 4 years ago it was appalling, even 2 years ago it was a bit of a shambles, today it’s pretty good, so while it may not be perfect it’s getting better, the company has also grown exponentially in this period.
I think if you look at one of the market leaders in CS Apple when this company was 10 years old things were not so good for them, you might remember they sacked Steve Jobs, had many failed products etc, it would take many years for them to reach the new heights they enjoy today, including rehiring Steve Jobs, so maybe time will tell.
2018-8-21
Use props
sica
Second Officer
Israel

ok guys! I loaded the MP battery from 60% to 100% and on restart the message disappeared! So it's an information message about the battery status. The self-discharge time is set for 10 days and the drone was not started for about 12 days. Now I understand
2018-8-21
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-14 12:03
"DJI releases are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you'll get".
~Forrest Gump

I think and it seems sometimes they don't know either...
2018-8-22
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
Mexico

Download this version today to test. After update 4.12.20 my MA was unable to fly because of pixelation and strong delays on phone screen. I used version 4.12.14 all this time. Today i can say that all issues are gone and this version of GO4 is flyable again. I will test it for further flights, but seems that everithing is good.
Samsung Galaxy J5 with Android 7.1.1
2018-8-22
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

6 Total Flights on my Mavic Pro, running the batteries down to about 20% over two days.  Samsung Note 5, Android 7.1.  Each and every flight rock solid video, no bugs, no flicker, no pixelation.  Latest Firmware, Latest Android App v2.4.24.  Not a single complaint or problem.  
2018-8-22
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

2018-8-22
Use props
OneDoesNotSimply
Second Officer
Flight distance : 662644 ft
United States

Thinking this whole thread is some kind of placebo effect or its inverse. I bet that update was Inspire stuff only and everyone else is just seeing whatever their expectations lead them to see. Kind of an Oracle we have here
2018-8-22
Use props
Henrijs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4517064 ft
United States

Disagree with you. After APP update to 4.12.20 my MA was unfyable to fly - there was big pixalations and video delays already on ground. The battery status freezes soon after takeoff. There was issues definently. Now everithing is exellent - yesterday fly my 4 batteries with no problems.
2018-8-22
Use props
MrArcher
lvl.4
United States

x2              
2018-8-24
Use props
MANCHALE22
lvl.2
Flight distance : 809783 ft

updated to 4.3.0 mp and s7...seems all problems are fixed
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_nGVkvIYoOMPl
New

Vietnam

Are they available on apk downloader sites like apkpure, apknite?
2019-4-9
Use props
zahra babae
New

Iran

How can I install DJI GO 4 for android?
2019-4-18
Use props
bornainavo
New

Taiwan

what reliable apk download software do you use to get DJI app on android? apknite? I got restricted to google apps account
2019-7-6
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules