1140 5 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814767 ft
Australia

Hi all,
I'm looking at buying the new iPad 2018 to upgrade from my android tablet.

However, my budget only really allows me to get the WiFi version. The issue is the WiFi version doesn't have GPS.

Can anyone tell me whether the RC for the Phantom 4 Pro has an inbuilt GPS (for functions like follow me and setting the homepoint mid flight)?

Kind regards,
Dex
2018-8-14
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

The GPS is in the AC itself.
2018-8-14
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The RC is not fitted with a GPS receiver, it relies on the GPS in the iPad. For using Follow Me, your iPad needs o be a cellular version, as the WiFi only ones do not have GPS fitted.
2018-8-14
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Geebax Posted at 2018-8-14 15:38
The RC is not fitted with a GPS receiver, it relies on the GPS in the iPad. For using Follow Me, your iPad needs o be a cellular version, as the WiFi only ones do not have GPS fitted.

GEE

I don't/haven't really concerned myself with this question....although it came up yesterday, and I could not answer.....

Thank you!  Makes perfect sense.

Randy
2018-8-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Can anyone tell me whether the RC for the Phantom 4 Pro has an inbuilt GPS (for functions like follow me and setting the homepoint mid flight)?
Fun fact:  Your Phantom has a perfectly good GPS receiver that it uses for all flight functions.
Also, Follow-me and resetting home to a new controller location are hardly used by anyone.

If you really want Follow-me, try Active track for something that's better.
If you are on a moving boat or car, you don't want the Phantom landing on the boat or car, so resetting the home point to the Phantom's current location is just as good.  The main point is to prevent the Phantom from thinking it is too far from home and wanting to go back where it launched - not to land on the boat.
2018-8-14
Use props
Dex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814767 ft
Australia

Thanks all for taking the time to respond, really appreciate it.
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules