Mavic air controller dead
2417 8 2018-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8b0d3993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My Mavic Air Controller seems to be dead after less than 20 flights. Here is what happened.

1. Tried to turn on Mavic Air Controller but nothig happens.
2. Assume controller is out of battery so I try to charge it.
3. Only 1 of 4 battery indicator LED is flashing rapidly (I think normally all 4 leds will flash up and down to display charge progress)
4. Decide to wait and see what happens.
5. Some time later, no more single flashing LED light. No flashing lights or any change when I plugin the USB charger. Controller seems comletely dead now.

I consider buying a replacement controller but guess what? there is no way to buy Mavic Air Controller.

What do I do?
2018-8-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. may I ask have you try to use different USB cable for charging just to isolate the issue? and also I would recommend to give a try to use any wall charger that you use to charge a smartphone to test as well. If ever there's no luck unfortunately your only option is to send it in to the facility for further checking you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between online support, email and phone as well for you to have an assistance on how to send it in.
2018-8-14
Use props
fans8b0d3993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-14 15:53
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. may I ask have you try to use different USB cable for charging just to isolate the issue? and also I would recommend to give a try to use any wall charger that you use to charge a smartphone to test as well. If ever there's no luck unfortunately your only option is to send it in to the facility for further checking you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between online support, email and phone as well for you to have an assistance on how to send it in.

Hi, I have tried to charge it with 3 cables and there is no response when the cable is plugged in anymore.

At first there was a single flashing light as I mentioned before when I tried to charge the RC. Then I tried to turn it on after about 1 hour of charging, it still did not turn on. Then I tried to continue charging and that is when the LED Indicator lights  would no longer turn on and the whole controller seems completely dead.
2018-8-14
Use props
fans8b0d3993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. may I ask have you try to use different USB cable for charging just to isolate the issue? and also I would recommend to give a try to use any wall charger that you use to charge a smartphone to test as well. If ever there's no luck unfortunately your only option is to send it in to the facility for further checking you can just go to this link https://www.dji.com/support you can choose between online support, email and phone as well for you to have an assistance on how to send it in.

I have submitted a repair request, will this issue be covered by warranty since the drone is only 2 weeks old? Or will I have to pay for repairs since I do not have the 'Service Plan'.

Thanks.
2018-8-14
Use props
fans8b0d3993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have submitted a repair request, will this issue be covered by warranty since the drone is only 2 weeks old?

Thanks
2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Not to sound stupid, but what are you using as a power source to charge the RC? Just wanted to make sure you're plugged into a USB power source that actually has power. Have you tried different power sources?
2018-8-14
Use props
redffount
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Paul_IA Posted at 2018-8-14 17:28
Not to sound stupid, but what are you using as a power source to charge the RC? Just wanted to make sure you're plugged into a USB power source that actually has power. Have you tried different power sources?

Yes, I used the extra charger that came with the drone and has 2 usb outputs. I have also used tried my PC and laptop. Its definitely a fault with the Remote Controller itself.
2018-8-14
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

redffount Posted at 2018-8-14 17:34
Yes, I used the extra charger that came with the drone and has 2 usb outputs. I have also used tried my PC and laptop. Its definitely a fault with the Remote Controller itself.

OK, cool. Just didn't want to overlook the obvious. If you've tried multiple cables and multiple power sources, then a trip to DJI is probably your only answer.
2018-8-14
Use props
djiuser_4TINe4dpMp7J
New
Dominican Republic

Hi guys.

The same thing happened to me yesterday while flying my Mavic Air 2. The RC died in the middle of the flight and thankfully the drone came back when it lost the connection with the RC.

I have not found any procedure to force turn on the RC. I plug it to the power supply but no led indicator turns on either.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Note: one thing I notice is that the RC is keeping warm on the back.
2021-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules