Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Big badaboom
553 9 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pooz
lvl.1

Hello everybody.
I'm new here and in the drones world.

I bough a Spark 3 weeks ago. I use it with a Moto G3 and wifi connexion.

Two weeks ago, I tried to make some video in a moutain. The Spark taked off without trouble and stayed at 1m high. But after few seconds, I couldn't use the phone's touch controls. And the drone began slowly to move away... to the rocks

I didn't had time to restart the connexion or the app, the drone already touched the rocks and crashed pretty hard on the ground.

I can not understand why this happened: weather condition were good, battery was full, propellers were new, dji app on the phone was no freezing. But I couldn't control the drone who slowly flew away to the rocks. I thought the spark is able to stay stationnary?

Since, I bought an RC, thinking it could fix the problem. But today, the app lost the connexion to the RC and I had to restart the RC to have a new connexion and made the Spark landing. Lucky wise, the drone was quite near the ground, not at 50m in the air!

So what is the problem? Am I the only one have those control lost problems?

Thanks

2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Do you a different mobile device or tablet that we can try so that we can isolate the issue? Since the drone experienced crash, may I know if you are receiving an error message on the APP? What is the current status of your drone?
2018-8-15
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Looks like your drone has not calibrated properly and goes to ATTI mode, where it is not so easy to control.
Anyway if you want some support of the community here, post your flight record log here.
2018-8-15
Use props
Pooz
lvl.1

Thank for your answer.
There where no error message on the app. Since this happened, I removed the app and reinstalled it.

What do you mean with "current status of my drone"?

I will try with an other phone (Android). I will give the result asap I did make tests
2018-8-15
Use props
Pooz
lvl.1

@ nixuspic I cannot post my flight records, I erased them by mistake Sorry for that, I'm fully newbee
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Pooz Posted at 2018-8-15 01:48
Thank for your answer.
There where no error message on the app. Since this happened, I removed the app and reinstalled it.

Is there any damage on your drone after the crashed incident?  Please keep us posted and let us know if the issue is still the same after using a different phone. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-15
Use props
Pooz
lvl.1

Yes, I had several damages:
- 1 propeller
- 1 light cap is missing
- 1 motor arm is cracked.
- several scratches

I bough a new propeller and light cap and glued the arm. The drone is flying again and is stable.
I just need to be sure that it will not happen again. I bough the Spark for making movies in mountain.

I'm thinking about the build of a leach for the drone. As I saw it slowly flying away against the rocks and falling in that gorge, I could catch it before it dropped 15m down :-/
2018-8-15
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I would strongly suggest to buy a remote controller if you were controlling with just the phone!!!
Safe Flying
2018-8-15
Use props
Pooz
lvl.1

@ Alex: I did

I forgot : the glass from the cam is also broken. So i removed it and I can now use the cam again.
I mean I had luck in my misfortune: it could be worse...
2018-8-15
Use props
paulhummerman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114915 ft
United States

Pooz Posted at 2018-8-15 04:11
@ Alex: I did

I forgot : the glass from the cam is also broken. So i removed it and I can now use the cam again.

I would practice first in an open level field without rocks or other obstacles until you gain expertise and confidence. Spark is superb but complex machine, more difficult to drive than a car (3 dimensions!). Would you start driving in the mountains next to a rocky gorge?
2018-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules