Full 360 degree panorama picture should be possible
10192 6 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mr.Etg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4879 ft
Norway

Hi. Can someone explain to me why Osmo 2 Mobile cannot take a full 360 panorama image?
I know that the gimbal does not rotate a full 360 degree round, but when I manually rotate the gimbal all the way to one side and take an image and then all the way to the other side and then take a picture. The pictures overlap enough to stich them together. At least with Samsung Galaxy S8.

One feature I would like to see in the app related to panoramas. Is that I would like a setting where I can chose if I would like the app to stich the images or not rith after the last images was taken. When traveling I don’t like that my phone is spending a lot of power on stitching panoramas that have so low resolution anyway. Another reason beside the power is that it takes time, and that I therefore have to wait before I can use my Osmo to another shot

2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. As of the moment, 360 panorama is not available for Osmo Mobile 2. We will forward this request together with the feature that you would like to add to our engineers and check if this will be possible. Thank you for your feedback and patience.
2018-8-15
Use props
fagott1
New

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 08:59
Hello there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. As of the moment, 360 panorama is not available for Osmo Mobile 2. We will forward this request together with the feature that you would like to add to our engineers and check if this will be possible. Thank you for your feedback and patience.

Hi,
I cannot make my on thread yet, so I just send a reply post here.
My question:
If you see the attached image, how can I make a panorama, with a higher starting point.
I want the whole thing in my picture, now it is cutting it.

Thanks

Michael
2018-9-9
Use props
Razgriz1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181322 ft
United States

Has anyone found a really good way to convert their 360 panos into a sphere? Wish the DJI Go app could just do it for me.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_fZxrWE7BatQw
New

United Kingdom

Has anybody found a solution to this yet? I can see the Osmo mobile 2 can go all the way up to do a 180 vertical and also do a 330 horizontal in theory but the software does not allow for a full 360x180 photosphere. I'm looking at a solution to do car interiors
2019-8-7
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-15 08:59

I support the opinion of my esteemed colleague. The "iron" OSMO MOBILE 2 has everything for creating a normal 360-panorama -  there is not only the corresponding possibility in the software of DJI GO...
I tried to make 360 ​​panoramas with the help of DJI GO of my Xiaomi Mi5S. It turns out very well - ~200 megapixels (19,700 pixels horizontal)
As I did:
- large panorama,
- a 180 degree turn,
- large panorama,
- switching to single photo mode - I make two rows of photos up and the ceiling,
- I make two rows of photos down and a photo of the floor.

It is very inconvenient and long - one panorama takes up to 10 minutes... It also takes a lot of time to wait for the automatic stitching of an unnecessary panorama of disgusting quality.
What do we expect from the latest version of the DJI GO program? Here is an approximate algorithm:
- creating a group of photos for the hemisphere and the command "rotate 180 degrees",
- creation of the second group of photos and the command "remove from a tripod and take a photo of the floor"
- the ability to save photos in raw format,
- the ability to disable automatic stitching panoramas in the application.
THANK!
We are waiting for the update and we hope that you have not forgotten that we have OSMO Mobile 2 and until they are thrown into the trash!This 360-panorama was created from photos taken in the above sequence using OSMO Mobile2, Xiaomi Mi5S and glued in AutoPanoGiga. Here it has a size reduced to 10000x5000 due to SkyPixel restrictions.

2020-6-18
Use props
Alexei Merinov
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4796509 ft
Russia

Razgriz1 Posted at 2018-10-12 13:37
Has anyone found a really good way to convert their 360 panos into a sphere? Wish the DJI Go app could just do it for me.

I support the opinion of my esteemed colleague. The "hardware" OSMO MOBILE 2 has everything for creating a normal 360-panorama - there is not only the corresponding possibility in the software of DJI GO.
2020-6-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules