Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro not going to specified altitude on RTH
497 3 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Hello everyone

I have noticed in my last few flights that when I hit the RTH button on the controller, the Mavic returns flawlessly but does not go to the set altitude of 30 meters. I checked to make sure that the setting was activated and it is. Any ideas?

Danny

2018-8-15
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

At what altitude and in which distance was it when you pressed the RTH button? If it was at a higher altitude than the RTH setting, it will stay there and not descend. Only if it was at a lower altitude it will ascend.
And there are more scenarios depending on the distance from home point and another setting where it will not ascend to the RTH setting. Since I have never flown a Mavic Pro I can't tell you how this is precisely with this model. You best read them again in the manual.
2018-8-15
Use props
SgtDannySgt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 283904 ft
Canada

Ah OK. The altitude was higher than the 30 meters so that explains it. Thanks mate.
2018-8-15
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

If you're already higher than the RTH altitude, it won't descend to that altitude when you hit the RTH button. It'll just hold the current altitude until it gets to the home point and then start descending like normal. You should be able to confirm this by noting the altitude when you hit the RTH button and then observing with the MP does based on whether that altitude is higher/lower than the RTH altitude that you set.
2018-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules