Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-17 14:42
The MP (and MPP and P4 series) all support 'Terrain follow' which, as the aircraft moves forward, will move up a slope at a constant distance from the ground, maximum slope of 20 degrees if I remember correctly. But as a safety feature it will not follow terrain in descent, but stays at its previous highest altitude. I believe this is to stop the aircraft moving down into a dip, or down other side of a hill where signal would be lost and RTH initiated.

I use this quite a bit.  It makes for some interesting shots and works quite well.
2018-8-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-17 14:42
The MP (and MPP and P4 series) all support 'Terrain follow' which, as the aircraft moves forward, will move up a slope at a constant distance from the ground, maximum slope of 20 degrees if I remember correctly. But as a safety feature it will not follow terrain in descent, but stays at its previous highest altitude. I believe this is to stop the aircraft moving down into a dip, or down other side of a hill where signal would be lost and RTH initiated.

Thank you for your well informed clarification and it is definitely a great feature that I hope to see implemented for the Mavic Air as well not too far in the future. This allows for great flying maneuvers at low height with still some safety in the background. I would love it!
2018-8-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-8-17 14:52
Thank you for your well informed clarification and it is definitely a great feature that I hope to see implemented for the Mavic Air as well not too far in the future. This allows for great flying maneuvers at low height with still some safety in the background. I would love it!

I'm sure that all Mavic owners can but hope that additional features are added at some point, and I'm sure some will. I was certainly delighted with the P4 when some extras were added, including reasonable support on Goggles for head tracking of gimbal and yaw control. Which I've not used much, but it all adds value to the investment.
2018-8-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Aardvark Posted at 2018-8-17 14:59
I'm sure that all Mavic owners can but hope that additional features are added at some point, and I'm sure some will. I was certainly delighted with the P4 when some extras were added, including reasonable support on Goggles for head tracking of gimbal and yaw control. Which I've not used much, but it all adds value to the investment.

Thank you again. I have seen this happening with that Spark as long as I owned one and expect the same to happen with Mavic Air when the time comes. But for right now I believe that most of us are very curious to see what (in detail) will be presented next Thursday.
2018-8-17
Use props
devilsBastard
lvl.4
Flight distance : 254370 ft

I hope, after next Thursday DJI engineers will find time to realize what we all have suggested ;)
2018-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules