Nvidia shield visor
1501 16 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thrasher-HD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28612 ft

United States

hi..can anyone post a link for a visor that will work? not want to do it myself..thank you
2018-8-15
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make one out of your cereal box, tis all i did, oh and where something plain and black so as not to reflect light colours
2018-8-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I made mine as well dead simple ! - looks good - 0.8mm polypropylene sheet. Folds flat, very lightweight, & hides your face reflection on the screen, due to the angled hood. - download my template & just rescale and print template to fit your tablet, simple and v cheap no sticky pads or glue required just a steel ruler and a sharpe knife to cut out .

2018-8-15
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-8-15 21:41
I made mine as well dead simple ! - looks good - 0.8mm polypropylene sheet. Can send you a template & just rescale to fit your tablet.

https://www.aerial-image.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/10-Sunshade-6337.jpg[/img]

Aloha AI,

That is a very nice job on that visor!  But that is not an nVidia Shield K1.  But, if you did make one for the nVidia Shield K1, it sure would look nice.

The reason I know is because I have made about half dozen of those visors, including two for nVidia Shield K1s.  BTW, the one for the CrystalSky 7.85 is very different, but mine came out much better than expected.  The different design is because you have to allow the battery in the back and make sure you do not cover the cooling ports.

You do very good work!  My compliments.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-15
Use props
Aerial-Image
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-15 21:56
Aloha AI,

That is a very nice job on that visor!  But that is not an nVidia Shield K1.  But, if you did make one for the nVidia Shield K1, it sure would look nice.

Thanks Cetacean ... -  - I did realise that but he could easily resize to fit a nVidia Shield K1 to suit that tablet or any other similar flat style or even for a phone..
2018-8-15
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I got the PGM 102 linked below.  It's a little short on width - it's actually only 7 inches wide (the height is perfect for the K1).  So part of the screen on the left/right edges are not shown through the box perfectly.  I try not to use the extension because it's a bit clumsy due to the added weight and odd leverage.  I prefer to stand under/behind a tree.  But the extension will work if you need it.  

https://www.pgy-tech.com/sun-hood-pro-for-tablets

2018-8-16
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have literally tried them all and none of them work very well, unless they are deep, like you’re looking down a hole at your device. About the best thing to do (whenever possible) is to stand in the shade of a tree, or your vehicle or a building..
2018-8-16
Use props
Thrasher-HD
lvl.3

United States

thank you for all the answers
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Please visit our website and click the link for a better understanding if you wish to purchase one. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Remote Controller Monitor Hood for Tablets
2018-8-16
Use props
Thrasher-HD
lvl.3

United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-16 12:30
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Please visit our website and click the link for a better understanding if you wish to purchase one. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Remote Controller Monitor Hood for Tablets

so your will fit on my nvidia shield?
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Thrasher-HD Posted at 2018-8-16 12:32
so your will fit on my nvidia shield?

HI, this are the specifications of the remote controller monitor hood. Thank you.

2018-8-16
Use props
Thrasher-HD
lvl.3

United States

it wont fit
2018-8-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-16 03:43
I got the PGM 102 linked below.  It's a little short on width - it's actually only 7 inches wide (the height is perfect for the K1).  So part of the screen on the left/right edges are not shown through the box perfectly.  I try not to use the extension because it's a bit clumsy due to the added weight and odd leverage.  I prefer to stand under/behind a tree.  But the extension will work if you need it.  

https://www.pgy-tech.com/sun-hood-pro-for-tablets

Aloha Mark,

So, how much does that system cost?  Looks like it will do the job and then some!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-8-16 04:43
I have literally tried them all and none of them work very well, unless they are deep, like you’re looking down a hole at your device. About the best thing to do (whenever possible) is to stand in the shade of a tree, or your vehicle or a building..

Aloha R&L,

There is something to be said for that strategy to!  I wear dark shirts and look for shade.  Plus, unlike the tourists, I do not like to bake in the sun!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Thrasher,

No, it will not fit.  I bought one years ago and it only fits iOS tablets.  Mark's suggestion is probably your best bet unless you want to make one for about five bucks.  They are real easy to make.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Hi Cetacean -

I can't remember for sure where I got it but here's a link on amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/PGYTECH-7 ... oller/dp/B07CZGYG1F

Here's another link - I might have bought it here:  https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/p ... ABEgL7gvD_BwE&smp=y

I can't give it five stars because like I said the left or right edge is cut off a bit.  Also the magnets that hold the first box together are weak, so I use a big rubber band to help hold it together.  You could also probably get some industrial velcro that would work better than the magnets if you wanted.  Considering the relatively low price and the extension which is kinda cool, I would give it 4.5 stars for use with the K1.  I'm pretty sure this design is kinda pirated from Hoodman.  

https://shop.hoodmanusa.com/category-s/127.htm

2018-8-16
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-8-16 15:19
Hi Cetacean -

I can't remember for sure where I got it but here's a link on amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/PGYTECH-7 ... oller/dp/B07CZGYG1F

Aloha Mark,

Mahalo for the information on the costs.  There sure has been a big drop in price!

Never thought of magnets to hold parts together.  I usually try to make light parts.  My latest, the CrystalSky 7.85 shade really came out nice - and very light to.  Considering how heavy the CrystalSky devices are, you do not want to add weight to it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules