ESC status error
1250 20 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AJ_
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5328 ft

Hello!

I've start reveiving ”ESC status error” each time when I try to take off, and can't get the motors to start. I have checked all different indicators and seem to be OK; I've calibrated the compass and gimbal but still get the same status error.
It's important to mention that I recently replaced the shell as it was broken. I didn't unsolded any part, as I unmounted all pieces together and put them back together on the new shell. Also I upgrated to the latest firmware.
Any ideas?

iPhone 7 iOS 11.4.1
iOS App:  3.1.42
Aircraft:    1.11.20
RC:          1.9.2

Thank you for your help!

2018-8-15
Use props
AJ_
lvl.1

Forgot to mention that the error appeared after replacing the shell. I have checked all ribbons and cables and look fine. I don't know what I did wrong
2018-8-15
Use props
AJ_
lvl.1

Forgot to mention that the error appeared after replacing the shell AND upgrading the firmware. I have checked all ribbons and cables and look fine. I don't know what I did wrong Also I didn't test before upgrading the firmware, so now I don't know if it's a firmware issue or something related with the shell replacement. I have double check the connections and seem to be normal.
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi AJ_, we've received some feedback about the ESC error after updating to the latest firmware. Not sure if it is the same case, I'll PM you the link of v1.11.30 to update and see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
BTW, it is not recommended to disassemble at your end which may void the warranty, please kindly note and understand.
2018-8-15
Use props
AJ_
lvl.1

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 19:25
Hi AJ_, we've received some feedback about the ESC error after updating to the latest firmware. Not sure if it is the same case, I'll PM you the link of v1.11.30 to update and see whether it helps. If still no luck, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
BTW, it is not recommended to disassemble at your end which may void the warranty, please kindly note and understand.

Thanks Susan! I'll give it a try and let you know
2018-8-18
Use props
pharimon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4383038 ft

Same issue here with ESC status Error.  It flew just fine two days ago and now nothing.  Is it a firmware issue?
2018-8-18
Use props
Peo
First Officer
Flight distance : 25409793 ft
Sweden

pharimon Posted at 2018-8-18 10:43
Same issue here with ESC status Error.  It flew just fine two days ago and now nothing.  Is it a firmware issue?

Yes it is. Ask Susan for a fix
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

pharimon Posted at 2018-8-18 10:43

Hi there, I'm sorry for the trouble caused. I would like to clarify, did you upgrade your firmware before it happened?
2018-8-18
Use props
pharimon
lvl.2

Hi! No I did absolutely nothing. It went from flying like a champ to not at all with the esc warning. What could cause this?
2018-8-18
Use props
pharimon
lvl.2

Also! What does esc mean?
2018-8-18
Use props
pharimon
lvl.2

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-8-18 13:18
Hi there, I'm sorry for the trouble caused. I would like to clarify, did you upgrade your firmware before it happened?

Can you please send me the new firmware to upload?  thanks so much
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AJ_ Posted at 2018-8-18 09:16
Thanks Susan! I'll give it a try and let you know

All right, if there is anything else we can help, please kindly advise.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

pharimon Posted at 2018-8-19 02:25
Can you please send me the new firmware to upload?  thanks so much

Hi pharimon, the ESC means Electronic Speed Controller, I've received your message in PM and responded as well, please check later. If there is anything else we can help, please kindly advise.
2018-8-20
Use props
AJ_
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-20 00:59
All right, if there is anything else we can help, please kindly advise.

Hi Susan,

The update didn't work I still get the same ESC error
2018-8-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AJ_ Posted at 2018-8-28 13:48
Hi Susan,

The update didn't work  I still get the same ESC error

Sorry about this. Please consider my previous suggestion and send the unit in for diagnosis. The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-8-30
Use props
AJ_
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-30 19:50
Sorry about this. Please consider my previous suggestion and send the unit in for diagnosis. The designated team will take care once the package arrived.

where do I can send my unit if I'm located in Vancouver, Canada OR in Mexico City?
2018-8-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AJ_ Posted at 2018-8-31 17:24
where do I can send my unit if I'm located in Vancouver, Canada OR in Mexico City?

Please kindly write an email to support.us@dji.com, the designated team will help you start a case and guide the further steps, no worries.
2018-9-3
Use props
K.Y PANG
New

Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-15 19:25

Hi Susan, please send me the firmware 1.11.30 upgrading link, i've the same issue with my phantom 3 advanced, ESC Status Error Message Appeared and the aircraft doesn't take off
2018-9-3
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

K.Y PANG Posted at 2018-9-3 03:38
Hi Susan, please send me the firmware 1.11.30 upgrading link, i've the same issue with my phantom 3 advanced, ESC Status Error Message Appeared and the aircraft doesn't take off

I've received your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later, thanks!
2018-9-3
Use props
K.Y PANG
New

Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-3 23:42
I've received your message in PM and responded as well, please kindly check later, thanks!

Thank You
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules