WARNING!
1839 6 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzbo1234
New
Flight distance : 12182 ft
United States

I went to the Smokey Mountains recently, flew my Phantom 4 at the park and was approached by a park ranger.
He said it was a federal offense to fly in any national park.
He was gracious and let me go with just a verbal warning.

2018-8-15
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

What state were you in ? I just got back from mt. mitchell in n.c. and its a state park. In n.c. you cant fly in state parks either. I live in VA and we can fly in state parks but not Nat parks.
2018-9-8
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

A geat shame.
2018-9-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

There's no flying in National Parks and this has been common knowledge among drone pilots for around three years.  

It's a good idea to know your airspace.  That's why every pilot should check the airspace with an app such as airmap.io before he flies.  If he does that and he happens to be in a National Park, he will see that flying in a National Park is off limits.  

National Forests are okay.  National Parks are not.  

www.airmap.io
2018-10-13
Use props
QiiFlight
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2999472 ft
  • >>>

It is not legal to fly in Virginia state parks recreationally.  http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/document/rules-drones.pdf
2018-10-14
Use props
airboss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332087 ft
  • >>>
United States

All national parks are off limits.  Some state parks are, you just need to check the local regulations.  
2018-12-10
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

QiiFlight Posted at 2018-10-14 06:02
It is not legal to fly in Virginia state parks recreationally.  http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks/document/rules-drones.pdf

Right. It’s not legal to fly “on” state parks in Virginia. Thanks for your info.
2019-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules