SkyPixel (How Best to Retrieve HD Video From Drone)
2241 6 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Guy's, stupid question if I may;

As I am not especially great at video editing, I prefer to use DJI GO application (editor) to create custom movies (so to include music, text etc), the question is, how do I easily download the HD video (as I believe the default is 720p). I know there is a download from drone option (via the DJI GO app), which I have tried, but this takes an absolute age, so I was wondering if there was quicker way (I wasn't sure if it's common practice to leave a drone power up for a long duration)?

As always, I appreciate any help

Regards

Chris

2018-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The usual way is to pop the SD card, put it in a USB adapter and copy to your computer's hard drive.
Using a cable from the Phantom is messy, complicated and slow.
2018-8-15
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-15 23:53
The usual way is to pop the SD card, put it in a USB adapter and copy to your computer's hard drive.
Using a cable from the Phantom is messy, complicated and slow.

Hey, thanks for the reply, but I prefer to use the DJI GO app (for editing etc) running on my mobile device, so I would need to transfer the files back again (but I'm not sure what directory to place them in)?
2018-8-16
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's okay, I've found the location, so for reference, if you drop the FHD files into the following location on the mobile device, you can then use editor via the GO app;

This PC\<device name>\Phone\DJI\dji.pilot\DJI_RECORD

2018-8-16
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Chris_A Posted at 2018-8-16 01:03
It's okay, I've found the location, so for reference, if you drop the FHD files into the following location on the mobile device, you can then use editor via the GO app;

This PC\\Phone\DJI\dji.pilot\DJI_RECORD

Chris, what kind of mobile device do you use ?  I use a lighting cable with my iPad.  I have a micro SD card adapter I stick in and then I take the card out of the drone and put it in the adapter. Works great.
2018-8-16
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Sayhelloforme Posted at 2018-8-16 17:02
Chris, what kind of mobile device do you use ?  I use a lighting cable with my iPad.  I have a micro SD card adapter I stick in and then I take the card out of the drone and put it in the adapter. Works great. [view_image]

Hey Sayhellofromme, thanks for the reply. I use my old Samsung Note 4 (which is perfect), I moved over the SSD card from my drone to my Note 4 (but, unless I'm totally missing something) but the DJI GO app cannot find the files. I've tried the import function (via the GO app), but it shows no files to import. Any ideas where I am going wrong.

All I want to do it use the editor in the DJI GO app on Full HD files

Thanks again

Chris
2018-8-17
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Chris_A Posted at 2018-8-17 00:11
Hey Sayhellofromme, thanks for the reply. I use my old Samsung Note 4 (which is perfect), I moved over the SSD card from my drone to my Note 4 (but, unless I'm totally missing something) but the DJI GO app cannot find the files. I've tried the import function (via the GO app), but it shows no files to import. Any ideas where I am going wrong.

All I want to do it use the editor in the DJI GO app on Full HD files

Oh, I understand what you are saying now. When I open The DJI go app and go to the section, it ask me if I want to use the file from the drone which is higher resolution video and it lets me if I have the  original file on my mobile device   I have no clue why it’s not asking you in the app. You are using the  current DJI go app ?
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules