820 5 2018-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew_tw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1157464 ft
  • >>>

Hi guys,

I'm planning to get a P4P v2.0. But i'm torn between getting a built-in screen (v2.0+), or standalone CrystalSky monitor?
Can you share the pros/cons?

Thanks in advance!
2018-8-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly check the link below for a better understanding. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Phantom 4 Pro V2.0
2018-8-16
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not have the built in screen, I purchased a new iPad 9.7", but without a lot knowledge behind the process. From what I have gathered since, if you get the built in screen, you are limited to the applications you can run, mainly any third party applications. I am not sure about the CrystalSky's ability to load other applications.

I have never seen the CrystalSky in person, but I think the advantage of the brighter screen would be a plus, but having the iPad has been nice. Larger display and able to run all applications. I did purchase a sunshade and antiglare shield, I have not had any issues and i am able to fly in the sun.
2018-8-16
Use props
Andrew_tw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1157464 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing your experience on having an iPad.

I was looking for stories like they used to use iPad and switch to CrystalSky and what their thoughts of CrystalSky monitor.
One key thing is that either iPhone or iPad, when it gets warmer, the screen brightness reduced. This is bad especially in the warm/hot climate region.

CrystalSky also has dedicate HDMI output port and extra SD card slots, which can come pretty handy.

Only downside is, CrystalSky may still be a bit buggy and still no 4K video edition on the go....
2018-8-16
Use props
Dex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 814767 ft
Australia

Which variant of the CrystalSky monitor were you thinking of getting?

Personally, I'd go for the CrystalSky, as it's detachable and upgradeable. Also, I believe it's easier to side load apps on the CrystalSky.

Remember you need to purchase the mounting equipment for the controller.

Good luck!
2018-8-17
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Andrew_tw Posted at 2018-8-16 21:55
Thanks for sharing your experience on having an iPad.

I was looking for stories like they used to use iPad and switch to CrystalSky and what their thoughts of CrystalSky monitor.

Aloha Andrew,

The P4P V2.0+ will cost $300 (US) more than the P4P V2.0.  The $300 is for a High Brightness screen like the same size CrystalSky 5.5 inch High Brightness display that will cost you a total of $170 more than the P4P V2.0+ with its 5.5 inch screen if you buy the CrystalSky 5.5 inch High Brightness display and a P4P V2.0 together.  But the CrystalSky device/displays can be used for many different DJI drones.  

Then there is the 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness that will cost $400 more than the P4P V2.0+ and can be used with the P4P V2.0.  The 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness is a really nice device.

The 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness will cost $700 alone and the 7.85 inch CrystalSky Ultra will cost $1000 alone.  The problems have been with the Ultra, not the High Brightness displays.  I have a 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness and it is amazing.  I made a sunshade for it that does not block the cooling ports and allows access to the HDMI port and MIcro SD slots, etc.  The HDMI works well with all my different goggles, including DJI Goggles, and my 15.6 inch auxiliary monitor.  I even have an adapter that allows me to use the 7.85 inch CrystalSky High Brightness display, a goggles and the monitor all at the same time.

Sorry, but I do not use 4K video editing "on the go", so I have no comment on that.

With the 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness and the P4P V2.0, you will have a very nice experience with this amazing technology and the 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness screen will work with other DJI drones.  The 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness does require an $80 Remote Controller mount but that mount is extremely stable.  

By buying the 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness and the P4P V2.0, you will also have the flexibility to also get the RC Mount adapter that allows you to use phones or tablets in place of the 7.85 inch CrystalSky HIgh Brightness.  One of the big complaints about the "+" series of Phantoms is that you are stuck with just that screen and just those "+" series programs and that screen is way too small for me.  

With the adapter, you can use an iOS or Android device to run programs that the CrystalSky is not able to run.  Some forum members really complain that their "+" series Phantom does not allow them to run other programs and different tablets.  But, the "+" series Phantoms are very nice to fly if you can adjust to a screen that small and they are well loved by owners that understood the limitations when they bought their "+" series Phantoms.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules