United States

http://www.newsmax.com/US/drones ... 15/05/26/id/646748/
2015-5-26
Use props
Raybro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11099 ft
United States

I'm waiting for the CPSC to start getting involved. Not that I want them to but if it was to happen there could be some implications for DJI.
2015-5-26
Use props
nrgwise
Second Officer

United States

Another someone who was flying where they shouldn't have been.  As tempting as it is and as good a pilot you THINK you are, stuff happens!
2015-5-26
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

Just a matter of time.
2015-5-26
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

Here we go...
Another irresponsible pilot not taking due care for public safety!
The sad news is that us in Australia will probably be hit hardest with any forthcoming regulations, we're already governed by a nanny dictatorship
2015-5-26
Use props
jonnied2010
lvl.3

United States

BazzaVMC Posted at 2015-5-27 15:44
Here we go...
Another irresponsible pilot not taking due care for public safety!
The sad news is tha ...

Where did the article say it was a Phantom? Could have been a mini-quad.
2015-5-27
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's a Phantom. You can see it in this video:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/ ... g-marblehead-parade

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-5-27
Use props
BazzaVMC
lvl.2

Australia

jonnied2010 Posted at 2015-5-27 17:11
Where did the article say it was a Phantom? Could have been a mini-quad.

Where did I actually say "Phantom"?

I was merely complaining about the lack of responsibility and strict Australian laws...

Besides, being a Phantom or not is irrelevant, as you said yourself, "could have been a mini quad", either way injury was the result.

I'm not sure of what aviation laws state in the US, but in Australia, we're not permitted to fly in FPV mode, within 30 metres of people and/or vehicles, at night and no greater than 394 feet (120 metres), hence my complaint and fear that laws may become a lot stricter, ergo ruining this hobby for all of us eventually

NB. Click the link in Mike's comment below yours, it is in fact a Phantom
2015-5-27
Use props
grangerfx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

Current generation drones should not be flown anywhere near other people. They are too big and heavy, the motors are too powerful (to carry the weight) and they are not autonomous in any way with no ability to detect and avoid collisions. By the time that drones weigh less than a pound, are people safe and have the ability to avoid collisions they will be illegal in most areas. It will probably take years to undo the laws that will be passed to protect people from the current generation of drones. I hope we can at least continue to use them in open areas but that means no city flying. I really wish this could be avoided but unless DJI gets off their butts and releases a small light autonomous safe drone in the next 12 months, it will be too late.
2015-5-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules