492 7 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326204 ft
Australia

Hi all,

The red 3D sensor warning illuminates during every landing resulting in a bumpy landing if I let the Spark auto land.  It has only just started doing it, any ideas on a fix? I can live with it, however I’m worried that the gimbal and any other sensitive components in the drone may get damaged over time as a result of the bumpy landings. The landings aren’t hard, it just falls from about 2 inches. The drone has got just under 10 hours on it.
2018-8-16
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Mine did that the 1st time, but it was good there after. I guess one solution is to palm land if you are comfortable with it.
2018-8-16
Use props
Greg F
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Clean the sensors....   If all else fails do as Warriewoodlad suggested and Palm land or buy a set of leg extenders which will protect Gimble hitting anything when it lands..
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize if you are having issues with your DJI Spark. We do recommend to send in the aircraft for proper evaluation and assessment of our engineers. We want to avoid more issues by addressing the concern right away. Please click the link below to fill out the form. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Online Repair Request
2018-8-16
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks for the responses, I have done the cleaned the sensors. Reluctant to send it back to DJI as I’m in a very remote area, hoped that there would be an easier solution as it’s still literally brand new. Appears to be a software glitch in my opinion.

The landings can be controlled if I manually land it.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

LIk LIk Balus Posted at 2018-8-16 13:50
Thanks for the responses, I have done the cleaned the sensors. Reluctant to send it back to DJI as I’m in a very remote area, hoped that there would be an easier solution as it’s still literally brand new. Appears to be a software glitch in my opinion.

The landings can be controlled if I manually land it.

Thanks for the updates, sorry that the spark needs to be in-service. Please let us know if you need our help. Thank you.
2018-8-17
Use props
LIk LIk Balus
lvl.3
Australia

Problem still exists.

The issue/sensor warning only comes on when the drone goes into landing mode, no problems in all other modes of flight.

If I do a RTH the landing could end up resulting in a crash (not that it has crashed yet) as it the drone goes into landing mode at about 10ft, downward sensors go off and it pretty much drops to the ground like a rock. Only way to stop it from crashing is to cancel the landing and land it manually.

Any ideas?

Might put a ticket in on it and send it to DJI?

Anyone know what the turn around time is for DJI to send drones back from warranty repairs in Australia, I live in Darwin which is pretty remote.

2018-9-22
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

LIk LIk Balus Posted at 2018-9-22 14:52
Problem still exists.

The issue/sensor warning only comes on when the drone goes into landing mode, no problems in all other modes of flight.

i have exactly the same issue...it all started with the latest updates. The local dji service center is unable to identify the problem. They told me it had to go to the factory.
2018-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules