Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Instead of taking off, Spark only jumps around
12Next >
8206 52 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DoseMitAussicht
lvl.4
Germany

Hi,

I have problems with my Spark which I got a few weeks ago. It was working fine until I broke the RC by plugging in the charging cable the wrong way (Why is there no protection against that?). I sent it in to Spark Netherlands and they replaced the RC board because some pins of the connector were bent.

After the RC returned I tried to fly with my Spark but it did not start, just hopping around. After updating the Ffirmware of the RC and the Spark, I tried it again today. It flew well until I replaced the battery. Now it's hopping around instead of taking off again. Even with the batter which worked before.

That's how it looks like:

Do you have any idea what I can do to make my Spark fly again?

Thank you,
   Andreas

2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know If the issue is still the same when controlling the spark using a mobile device  only? Since you replaced the battery, kindly fully charge it and try to use the battery that is working fine with your drone and see if the issue is still the same. Kindly check the propellers if they are properly attached. We also suggest changing a set of propellers within 1 year but it will also depends on the practical use and situation. Change it if necessary, and the propellers need to be mounted on the coordinate motors, do not mount the prop to a wrong motor or the drone won't fly correctly.
2018-8-16
Use props
fans2d7b66c7
New

Spain

Hi, I have the same problem, it’s brand new with the fly combo, only 1 fly, cero damage and the next flys, always happened the same hopping around, what can I do?
2018-8-16
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

Here are a few things you might want to check

Make sue the right prop is installed on the right motor (white on white)
check to make sure there isn't a chip or crack on one of the props
Make sure there isn't a broken prop click stuck inside the motor assembly
check all motor and make sure they are all turning freely and feel the same

Let us know what the test have concluded
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans2d7b66c7 Posted at 2018-8-16 09:08
Hi, I have the same problem, it’s brand new with the fly combo, only 1 fly, cero damage and the next flys, always happened the same hopping around, what can I do?

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask if the aircraft experience an incident? Did you try to check if the propellers are properly installed? I would recommend calibrating the IMU and compass to see if the issue will persist. Please let us know if you need our help.
2018-8-16
Use props
Greg F
lvl.4
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Props the wrong way???.
2018-8-16
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

i think the problem of jumping SPARK  lies in the new Rc firmware.
2018-8-17
Use props
Warriewoodlad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Poor Spark - it looks like a bird with a broken wing.

I have noted in this forum there have been a number of cases where the problem seems battery related. So far I have been using only the one battery which came with my Sparx,  but there is another one waiting for me until Fathers Day. How do I avoid problems with this new battery?
2018-8-17
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>

To me, who has one of the "bumping on the ground" Sparks, this looks like another version of the same problem
I would say, the probs did not get onspeed at all here
Where as "usually" the birds are ascending a bit, loosing power, "falling down" a bit, gaining a bit height, again, ....!
Send your flight record to DJI, for a check.
How is it behaving, in case you start with the app slide?
2018-8-17
Use props
Pappy3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2820469 ft
United States

I had a similar problem, bounced up and down and then a soft crash to the ground. Solution - only use DJI props.
2018-8-17
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1148 ft

I am having the same issue.
And for everybody’s information i am not a newbie.
I tried flying it after 3 months.
I update the firmware of ac and rc to the latest one as of today.
And did the imu and compass calibration.
Checked the propellers, they are in perfect condition.
But the same issue happened and also a soft fall from 8 inches occurred because of it.
I think this issue is with the rc firmware.
2018-8-17
Use props
Antipaxi
lvl.4

Romania

It is hard for me to understand how the propellers could even be attached the wrong way. I don't think it's a propeller issue. Might be a battery problem, not enough juice sent to the motors, but then again, how could the software allow it? If a battery is bad, you should get a notification. So that leads me to believe it's a software issue. You should try flying it without the RC, just with your phone. And then again, just with the RC, no phone. Good luck!
2018-8-17
Use props
Flighty
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Agree with Antipax,,, try flying without the RC using only your mobile device... Seems the problem occurred after the RC was repaired. (Either bad repair,, or Firmware needs re-installation!!)
2018-8-17
Use props
Ani
lvl.4
India

Update:
I have tried flying it in Atti mode
And it worked as normal.
Maybe some issue with software when gps is live.
Anyway to fresh install the firmware without dji assistant?
2018-8-18
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

S.J Posted at 2018-8-17 12:26
i think the problem of jumping SPARK  lies in the new Rc firmware.

I kind of doubt that!
My problem Spark did that (a bit different, but kind of the same) on minimum 2 RC fw. versions, not even the latest installed
And on .600, .701, .900 Spark fw.

Also, if it would be the RC: I have two birds, I changed the RCs: nothing on the "good" one, but the "bad" one "kissed" the ground with both

If the GPS, better "no GPS" is letting it start, the issue is mainboard related
My bad bird is , again, at DJI (or on the way to DJI).
After lots of mailing there was a "powermanagement  failure" named
Not sure to comforting me, or if DJI is knowing, after the rising of this failure in the past month and mostly on new birds, what it is about.
2018-8-18
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

I hope DJI fixes the jumping SPARK issue.  I never recalibrated the IMU or compass for the last 8 months since I used the SPARK in extreme flight environment. The 0.7000 and 0.9000 were the most stable SPARK firmwares.  However recently i did the calibration but to no effect !!
It doesn't have a problem with heights greater than 4 meters and flies smoothly. Only while we bring it close to ground < 1 meter it starts hitting hard . I feel this can damage the gimbal on the long run .
2018-8-21
Use props
DoseMitAussicht
lvl.4
Germany

Today I flew again. I made three short flights and then tried again an hour later. This time I had the jumping again.
In between the successful flights and the jumping I left my Spark and the RC lying in the sunshine. Could it be that it was to hot for them?
2018-8-21
Use props
Ani
lvl.4

DoseMitAussicht Posted at 2018-8-21 06:56
Today I flew again. I made three short flights and then tried again an hour later. This time I had the jumping again.
In between the successful flights and the jumping I left my Spark and the RC lying in the sunshine. Could it be that it was to hot for them?

Hi
As I have mentioned earlier also that its happening with me also.
I am troubleshooting the issue that why it could happen.
So i need a favour, can you please provide a picture of the spark from top view where I can see the props position.
Just run the motors and stop it(dont take a flight).
And then click a picture from above the spark.
2018-8-21
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 157995 ft

Dji update issue. Same problems in Massachusetts where weather is low 70s. Returned one drone cause I thought it was defective. Still having problems after updates.
2018-8-21
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1

Ani Posted at 2018-8-21 11:20
Hi
As I have mentioned earlier also that its happening with me also.
I am troubleshooting the issue that why it could happen.

As far as I know it, you cant install the props improperly. There are two sets. One with the white marking and one without. Either or will not fit if it's the incorrect prop. I dont believe it's a prop issue. Too many documented cases of same problem.
2018-8-21
Use props
Ani
lvl.4

djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh Posted at 2018-8-21 11:35
As far as I know it, you cant install the props improperly. There are two sets. One with the white marking and one without. Either or will not fit if it's the incorrect prop. I dont believe it's a prop issue. Too many documented cases of same problem.

Yes i also know that props can’t be installed incorrectly.
Actually in my case the props with white ring are too stiff and one of them does not open at 180’ after running and stopping motor.
I can see that it’s roughly 175’ open after stopping motor.
So I just want to confirm that is this happening with everyone or just me.
And thats why I need a picture from above the sprak where I can cleary see the props alignment and position.
2018-8-21
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi all.
In my latest flight, the drone was jumping up and down when it was below 2/3 meters. Once it even fell straight to the ground at full speed, luckily it wasn’t high and no damage was done.
What’s going on??? It flies ok when I lift it up like 5/10 meters and higher.
For some info, I did not update the firmware yet!!!

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-21
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1

Alex Batalov Posted at 2018-8-21 12:49
Hi all.
In my latest flight, the drone was jumping up and down when it was below 2/3 meters. Once it even fell straight to the ground at full speed, luckily it wasn’t high and no damage was done.
What’s going on??? It flies ok when I lift it up like 5/10 meters and higher.

Have no idea. But its bogus. I assume theres going to be a lot of damaged drones as mine came crashing down at near full speed on concrete at about 6 feet as well. I can guarantee you a refresh on your firmware will do nothing for you. Didn't for me.
2018-8-21
Use props
sparkuser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102411 ft
Germany

Same issue here after FW Update to 1000.
Jumping around with Auto-Start. No jumping with manual Start.
2018-8-22
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

I think the jumpy issue is something to do with vision sensors.  Does the vision senor work during obstacle sensing .  Gimbal damage is possible during jumpy flights.  I have the same issue after the lateest firmware updates.
2018-8-23
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

Does all the jumping around happen when taking off from a good launch area.  Taking off from a smooth flat area with plenty of room to manuver?  Not a small un-level box with the props overhanging the sides?  Looks like the Spark is struggling to do a small, but level, rise up to an initial stable hover but is being tripped.  I did think it was funny that the operator had no problem with the props hitting the side of the box and kept trying to rise up out of the grass.  It's just a toy?

Try hand launching instead of the little box with the weird prop wash effects.

2018-8-23
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4678 ft
United Kingdom

JUST SELL IT MATE TRUST ME,disconnecting all the time,gps errors,it can fly away or fall from the sky anytime,too easy to get it lost though,and if you ask me that isnt safe.Just too expensive peace of equipment to lose,and DJI always blames the pilots,BTW im selling my RC with one battery,the battery charging dock,and the bag of course.probably you can guess why?
2018-8-23
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Kuwait

fans34ee8814 Posted at 2018-8-23 09:05
JUST SELL IT MATE TRUST ME,disconnecting all the time,gps errors,it can fly away or fall from the sky anytime,too easy to get it lost though,and if you ask me that isnt safe.Just too expensive peace of equipment to lose,and DJI always blames the pilots,BTW im selling my RC with one battery,the battery charging dock,and the bag of course.probably you can guess why?

For how much are you selling your SPARK for ?
2018-8-23
Use props
fans34ee8814
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4678 ft
United Kingdom

Dont have it.flew away the useless thing.so i am selling everything from the fly more combo except the drone and a battery.
2018-8-23
Use props
nixuspix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Most of You are writing that this "jumping" has started after the latest firmware update. Didn't You try mates to refresh the firmware and if this doesn't help, may be even downgrade it?
2018-8-24
Use props
DoseMitAussicht
lvl.4
Germany

nixuspix Posted at 2018-8-24 03:45
Most of You are writing that this "jumping" has started after the latest firmware update. Didn't You try mates to refresh the firmware and if this doesn't help, may be even downgrade it?

I did both, downgrading and refreshing. No change. Unfortunately there is no way to downgrade the RC firmware.
2018-8-24
Use props
Antipaxi
lvl.4

Romania

Could some of you jumping jacks upload a log of a jumping flight? That might be useful.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2018-8-24
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Similar issues abound on this forum. This is not new.
Many workarounds have been proposed - some work in some cases, most don't.
The only sure thing is to contact DJI Support and claim warranty replacement.
Many pilots on this forum got their Sparks replaced after logging similar cases with DJI.
This does prove that DJI is aware of and recognizes this problem as their own.

I do not guarantee success but the probability is high. Try it.

Mirek
2018-8-24
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

So my spark was jumping up and down upon takeoff when in low altitude (2 mts or below) once it even went straight down, but luckily no damage was done as it was not very high and above grass.
Today I tried the new 4.3.0 on iOS with OTG and this time the issue was no longer present.
Let’s hope it stays that way.

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-24
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

OK guys...i have found a temporary solution for the jumping problem.

you have to adjust the following parameters in SPARK
g_config_avoid_obstacle_limit_cfg_safe_dis = 2
g_config_control_avoid_atti_range        = 10

These parameters may be accessed only by DJI assistant 2  V 1.12

it now lands smoothly but you must manually land it. Do not Autoland as it will create the same jumping effect.
Volia solved the issue for android temporarily
2018-8-25
Use props
djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh
lvl.1

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:04
Does all the jumping around happen when taking off from a good launch area.  Taking off from a smooth flat area with plenty of room to manuver?  Not a small un-level box with the props overhanging the sides?  Looks like the Spark is struggling to do a small, but level, rise up to an initial stable hover but is being tripped.  I did think it was funny that the operator had no problem with the props hitting the side of the box and kept trying to rise up out of the grass.  It's just a toy?

Happens to me on takeoff regardless of the surface texture. It has something tondo with the downward positioning sensors. Intereference? Bad code? I dont know. But the sprk is garbage. Have had maybe 3 no issue flights since purchase.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

djiuser_RpETiBIHbySh Posted at 2018-8-25 01:45
Happens to me on takeoff regardless of the surface texture. It has something tondo with the downward positioning sensors. Intereference? Bad code? I dont know. But the sprk is garbage. Have had maybe 3 no issue flights since purchase.

DJI have reprogrammed the code to start SPARK in ATTI mode irrespective of the FS switch ( NORM-SPORT) !!  No idea why they did this !!   
Refer to post# 35 if you are an advanced pilot.
2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Ani Posted at 2018-8-21 11:58
Yes i also know that props can’t be installed incorrectly.
Actually in my case the props with white ring are too stiff and one of them does not open at 180’ after running and stopping motor.
I can see that it’s roughly 175’ open after stopping motor.

Its nothing to do with props...SPARK flies with high stability even with broken props.

2018-8-25
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Japan

Gunship9 Posted at 2018-8-23 08:04

2018-8-25
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules