RONIN MX activation problems
4799 14 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

Hello DJI Admins!

We have purchased a DJI Ronin MX, S/N 0ARDFA22011395 and we couldn’t activate the device. According to User's Manual we downloaded the application required to activate and tune the device. First we tried the mobile app, both on Android and iOS. None of the apps managed to connect via Bluetooth. Second we downloaded the software recommended for desktop - both on OS X 10.13.6 and Windows 10. This software managed to connect (via USB) with the device, but on the “INFO” tab, the activation button is somehow disabled. We followed all the recommandation from the User Manual and the procedures described by DJI moderators on DJI Forum. None of them worked. You will find attached 3 screen captures with the Gimbal software interface with the device connected and the disabled “Activate” button.
Right now we have a brand new inactive and useless DJI Ronin MX. Please advice as soon an possible, as we really need the equipment.

DJI-3.jpg
DJI-2.jpg
DJI-1.jpg
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey bogdan_k, just to verify, does the mobile device/PC connected with internet well? You can test from here and see whether the result is "pong": https://active.dji.com/
Confirm that the internet is well connected, then refer the below to check the steps:
Download and Install.png
2018-8-17
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-17 01:52
Hey bogdan_k, just to verify, does the mobile device/PC connected with internet well? You can test from here and see whether the result is "pong": https://active.dji.com/
Confirm that the internet is well connected, then refer the below to check the steps:

Hello Susan! Thank you for your reply!
I have just checked the internet connection with the provided link and the result was indeed "pong". And I have went through the same steps with the same result.
I can offer you acces to my laptop via TeamViewer if you want to investigate further.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bogdan_k Posted at 2018-8-17 02:06
Hello Susan! Thank you for your reply!
I have just checked the internet connection with the provided link and the result was indeed "pong". And I have went through the same steps with the same result.
I can offer you acces to my laptop via TeamViewer if you want to investigate further.

Thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer to the above and advise which step are you stuck with?
2018-8-19
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

Hello again Susan!

The problem I encounter is at step number 5 - Activation. Even if my device (laptop) is connected to the internet the application doesn't allow me to Activate the device. The "Activate" button is not working.
2018-8-19
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-19 03:13
Thanks for getting back to us. Could you refer to the above and advise which step are you stuck with?

Hello again Susan!

The problem I encounter is at step number 5 - Activation. Even if my device (laptop) is connected to the internet the application doesn't allow me to Activate the device. The "Activate" button is not working.
2018-8-20
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

We also used another computer, a Windows machine, with same results. The Ronin connects to the computer, but the serial number is N/A and the ACTIVATE button is off.
2018-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bogdan_k Posted at 2018-8-21 01:33
We also used another computer, a Windows machine, with same results. The Ronin connects to the computer, but the serial number is N/A and the ACTIVATE button is off.

Sorry about this. I'm checking the exact status with our engineers and see if there are better suggestions or solutions. I'll come back as long as there is an update.
2018-8-22
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

Hi Susan, could you please estimate how long this will take ? We did have some shootings scheduled starting Monday.
Thanks !
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bogdan_k Posted at 2018-8-22 07:12
Hi Susan, could you please estimate how long this will take ? We did have some shootings scheduled starting Monday.
Thanks !

Sorry for keeping you waiting. Just got an update from the engineers that it is suggested to change another WiFi to verify the status. If the issue remains, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis, sorry about this.
2018-8-22
Use props
bogdan_k
lvl.1

Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-8-22 19:52
Sorry for keeping you waiting. Just got an update from the engineers that it is suggested to change another WiFi to verify the status. If the issue remains, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for diagnosis, sorry about this.

Same result with a Windows machine and Ethernet connection.

2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

bogdan_k Posted at 2018-8-23 08:11

[view_image]

Sorry to hear this. Please kindly start a case and send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-8-25
Use props
nelsonalvesjr
New

Brazil

Ok. This is the second "product" I bought from DJI and guess what? This is the second that just stop working out of nowhere. The first one was a Phantom drone (the best part? they don't have assistance in Brazil) and now a brand new Ronin M turned into a piece of trash.

The gimbal does not work. I've tried every tutorials available. The PC does not recognize it, my Mac does not recognize it, the app does not connect. So, now I have a big useless gimbal here in my office. Thank you DJI for been such a pathetic company. I'll do my best to avoid anything from you AND to save my contacts searching for new gears from now on.
2018-9-14
Use props
djiuser_RWxHJKVOL4dm
New

United States

nelsonalvesjr Posted at 2018-9-14 10:36
Ok. This is the second "product" I bought from DJI and guess what? This is the second that just stop working out of nowhere. The first one was a Phantom drone (the best part? they don't have assistance in Brazil) and now a brand new Ronin M turned into a piece of trash.

The gimbal does not work. I've tried every tutorials available. The PC does not recognize it, my Mac does not recognize it, the app does not connect. So, now I have a big useless gimbal here in my office. Thank you DJI for been such a pathetic company. I'll do my best to avoid anything from you AND to save my contacts searching for new gears from now on.

Its 2 years later and still no response... I'm having the same problem now being my activation button not working. ive tried entering the on on the gimble but still doesnt work.
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_GjBqiM9O15Aw
New

Lebanon

Hello Dji,
I have the same problem. I tried all the processes and still the activate button doesn’t show.
I changed the wifi network, i changed the Bluetooth password
What can we do, i need to try maybe another activation SN or maybe to get redeemed for this that we have never used.
I need a solution ASAP
BEST REGARDS
2022-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules