Major Firmware Problems W/ Inspire 2 & X7
2380 22 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Skylux Media
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168819 ft

Greetings,

We're having major issues with our Inspire 2 & X7 Combo since upgrading to firware update 01.02.0200.  We are having the following problems:
- IMU Calibration error constantly while mid-flight
- "Landing Gear Lowering / Landing Gear Rasing" warning constantly while mid-flight
- X7 gimbal will drift almost 180° to the left or right while flying.  Will not recenter.  Will not calibrate

I have performed the following items MULTIPLE TIMES to try and fix this issue but nothing has worked:
(In Order)
- Factory Reset of Drone
- Re-Install current firmware
- IMU Calibration in a metal free, flat and level surface
- Sensor Calibration
- Compass Calibration in a metal free, flat and level surface
- Gimbal Calibration on a level surface

Nothing has worked and the drone continues to be a mess.  We were forced to abandon using the drone on our last commercial project.  Apparently there are tons of users over on the "Inspire Pilots" forum who are experiencing the same exact issues since the new firmware update.  What is going on DJI?  This is a $30,000 total investment for our full setup and it's relegated to being useless for now?  And this is our 3rd unit because we've had to send in the last 2 due to manufacturing defect.  We're one of the biggest tourism video production companies in the world and it's a shame that we can't currently rely on these DJI products.

2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I just want to ask, did you already tried to reinstall the application?
2018-8-16
Use props
Skylux Media
lvl.2

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 08:54
Hi. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I just want to ask, did you already tried to reinstall the application?

Hi Wanda, thanks for the response.  Are you referring to the DJI Go4 Application?  We are using a Crystalsky UltraBright 7.85", and everything is up to date.  I'm sorry if my message came off too harsh, we are just frustrated because we absolutely love using DJI products when they work, unfortunately we are having errors.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Skylux Media Posted at 2018-8-16 08:56
Hi Wanda, thanks for the response.  Are you referring to the DJI Go4 Application?  We are using a Crystalsky UltraBright 7.85", and everything is up too date.

Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I see. Can you provide the firmware version of the aircraft, remote, CrystalSky and the camera?
2018-8-16
Use props
Skylux Media
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-16 09:05
Yes, that's what I'm referring to. I see. Can you provide the firmware version of the aircraft, remote, CrystalSky and the camera?

Hi Wanda, here are the specs you've asked for (as found in the "About" section of the app):

App - Version 4.2.21
Aircraft - Version 01.02.0200
Remote - Version 01.01.0020
RAW Module - Version 01.41.01.53
Camera - Version 01.09.22.22
Crystalsky - Version 2.06.06.00

Thanks for your help
2018-8-16
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Hi Skylux Media here it is much worse!
You can fly with some error, if I try to install the 0.200 firmware I can't take off!

I have Inspire 2 with X5S (now with 0.201 firmware)
CrystalSky and Cendence with the last firmware like you.

The problem is (someone tell me) the new fusion algorithm has problems with some IMUs. The only solution for now is roll back to 0.100 or try the 0.201 (is the 0.100 with the prores cinecore updated).
IMG_1350.jpg
2018-8-16
Use props
Skylux Media
lvl.2
United States

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-8-16 13:15
You can fly with some error, if I try to install the 0.200 firmware I can't take off!

Toscana, I'm so sorry to hear.  That must be so frustrating to have an amazing piece of machinery stuck on the ground.  I tried using the X5s as well and I got it to fly, but the gimbal also drifted instantly until it was pointing sideways and was unusable.  However I haven't gotten the same redundancy error as you.  Hopefully DJI can provide some answers.
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Skylux Media Posted at 2018-8-16 11:02
Hi Wanda, here are the specs you've asked for (as found in the "About" section of the app):

App - Version 4.2.21

Hello. Thank you for providing this information to us. I was able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ToscanaDrone Posted at 2018-8-16 13:15

Hello. We apologize for the trouble cause. You are right that you need to downgrade the firmware and use it first. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-8-17
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Australia

I had a unit replaced because of this firmware update fail.
2018-8-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft

Has this version been pulled yet from the servers?

If it is defective, it should be pulled before more damage is done.  The wait until the fix is often months and ridiculous to leave the bad firmware alive until then.

Guess time to do a rollback - if it is still possible, and doing so doesn't go bad as well which is another matter at times.
2018-8-17
Use props
Skylux Media
lvl.2
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 02:18
Hello. We apologize for the trouble cause. You are right that you need to downgrade the firmware and use it first. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

Wanda,

How do I downgrade the firmware per your direction?  I don't see a way to do it in the DJI Assistant Software.  Thanks
2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Skylux Media Posted at 2018-8-22 11:22
Wanda,

How do I downgrade the firmware per your direction?  I don't see a way to do it in the DJI Assistant Software.  Thanks

I see. Did you try to use a different computer?
2018-8-23
Use props
AeroMovie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1539337 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-23 01:49
I see. Did you try to use a different computer?

Hello Wanda,

Now these problems with the current firmware have already been criticized by many Inspire 2 pilots shortly after the release. I immediately went back to version V01.02.0100, everything works fine with it. Now 1 month has passed and there is still no better firmware than the V01.02.0100. And the version V01.02.0200 is still available on the servers.  How could something like that happen?

See here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D385%26typeid%3D385

Look here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-157598-1-1.html
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

AeroMovie Posted at 2018-8-23 05:08
Hello Wanda,

Now these problems with the current firmware have already been criticized by many Inspire 2 pilots shortly after the release. I immediately went back to version V01.02.0100, everything works fine with it. Now 1 month has passed and there is still no better firmware than the V01.02.0100. And the version V01.02.0200 is still available on the servers.  How could something like that happen?

Hi. Sorry for the late response. We sincerely apologize for the trouble. Good thing you were able to downgrade the firmware. Rest assured that our engineers will do their best to fix this issue. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-26
Use props
kaarsten
lvl.1
United States

Hi Skylux and DJI,

I'm experiencing the same issues!
Getting the random "Landing Gear Lowering/Raising" messages during flight

What is worse, after a long shoot day last Friday, I went to upload the footage to my drives and review it...I noticed that some clips recorded to my mobile device, but NOT to the SSD!!!!! I basically lost about 15 good clips...this is also costing me money and is horribly frustrating, especially after all the money we have invested in this product.  

Recently, I was having connectivity issues between the RC and the drone, and had to send it in for repair, costing me 3 weeks of work (I was lied to and told originally I would have the drone back and repaired in 1-2 weeks)!! no offer was made of a loaner unit, and when I asked for some kind of compensation, I was told several times I would get a call back, but have not received a call-back yet...
When I got the unit back, there was a weird rattling in the RC, as if a screw is loose inside...I was told I could send it back for repair, but there's no way I can afford to miss 3 more weeks of work.

DJI, as Skylux mentioned, when your products work, they are remarkable.  However, you cannot sell these high end products and continue to provide HORRIBLE customer service.  If we buy a car for a similar price, you get proper service and replacements, including a loaner if your vehicle gets warranty repair.  Why aren't you taking care of us as high end consumers??

Please advise DJI, otherwise I'm forgetting you and going to Freefly -- anyone else feeling the same??
2018-8-27
Use props
Denis SF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1783087 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,

We had the same problem as Skylux Media. We have downgraded our Inspire 2.
However now we have a significant loss of horizon on the camera. As if the nacelle was no longer held by the engine.
What's up with the update? Because we always have the possibility to do it, did it improve?

Thanks
2018-8-27
Use props
fans3509fdbd
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

We are in the same boat. Errors with compass  in unbain environments. The Copter drifts all over the place, the camera op rc becomes discontinued during flight when we are around 10ft away. I was at a Panavision prep and one of the main guys that flys large x8’s said dji in urban environments is terrible they use Pixhawak 2 in urban city jobs. They use Dji in open rural environment. This is so frustrating. And production  looks at us for a solution. I wish there was a pro mode to turn off all the goofy sensors and make it more manual like a dji naza v2. We as pros don’t need all these crazy bells and whistles. There is a reason way FreeFly Alta 8 is dominating the pro word. That machine flys Amazing in all environments. I hope to hear of some solutions for all the issues I see on this forum.
2018-8-31
Use props
Turinbar
lvl.1

United States

We are having the same issues with the firmware.  IMU Calibration error while mid-flight and Landing Gear Lowering /  Rasing" warning while mid-flight.  We are using the X5S and it is occasionally drifting.  We are downgrading the software. . .
2018-10-10
Use props
DRAGenDROP
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-17 02:16
Hello. Thank you for providing this information to us. I was able to check on our engineers that this new firmware is a bug. Please kindly downgrade the firmware and use the drone first. Our engineers are currently trying to fix it. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. We will keep you updated once it's fixed. Thank you for your understanding.

my god, this is not new, we have this already for 4 months and nothing happens from the DJI side in communication!
2018-10-11
Use props
Skylux Media
lvl.2
United States

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-10-11 03:35
my god, this is not new, we have this already for 4 months and nothing happens from the DJI side in communication!

Yea this is very concerning.  Given the fact that DJI has now publicly admitted that the newest firmware has serious bugs, we are left with a very problematic drone.  Even after downgrading our firmware, we get significant camera drift to the point where the drone is barely usable.  Our last flight had the camera drifting 45 degrees to one side.  It was impossible to fly straight.  Even after manually facing the camera forward, it still drifts.  DJI, do you have any updates on the Inspire 2 and X7 firmware?
2018-10-15
Use props
Skyris
First Officer
Flight distance : 333799 ft
  • >>>
Australia

quick question, if we downgrade the firmware on the craft, do we have to do the same with the remote and if so how?
My Inspire was actually flying really we but had issues with video and bands across the top of the screen.. have a shoot tomorrow that requires some video with the inspire and want to make sure I dont have any issues on site.
2018-10-17
Use props
vpierre
lvl.2

Suriname

Skylux Media Posted at 2018-10-15 15:16
Yea this is very concerning.  Given the fact that DJI has now publicly admitted that the newest firmware has serious bugs, we are left with a very problematic drone.  Even after downgrading our firmware, we get significant camera drift to the point where the drone is barely usable.  Our last flight had the camera drifting 45 degrees to one side.  It was impossible to fly straight.  Even after manually facing the camera forward, it still drifts.  DJI, do you have any updates on the Inspire 2 and X7 firmware?

normaly no,i downgrade from 0.200 to 0.100 without downgrade the control
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules