I have lost my phantom. Need help explain log
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

Please help explaining log, and fly direction after last log records..

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/81O45UWQ3DHU4KGHP958/
https://app.airdata.com/flight/1 ... ns&val=detailed
2018-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Seems that you set the home point to here: https://goo.gl/maps/9ohPbwuZCfq
And then it landed there.

Try using the find my drone menu on the app top right menu on the opening screen and it should take you there...
2018-8-16
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-16 12:15
Seems that you set the home point to here: https://goo.gl/maps/9ohPbwuZCfq
And then it landed there.

Thanks for answer!
"Seems that you set the home point to here" - I will try to search it here tomorrow. But as I see from log
- drone goes through this point without stop.

I haven't "Find my drone" function for Phantom 3 se. I tried install dji go 4 and choose Phantom 4 then click "Find my drone" - no success.

2018-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AlexanderSV Posted at 2018-8-16 12:54
Thanks for answer!
"Seems that you set the home point to here" - I will try to search it here tomorrow. But as I see from log

Sorry, that was not accurate, you didn't set the home point, but it was auto landing at it's last position and would have continued to land.  Since you were holding the right stick it was moving but would have stopped and then landed after a few seconds of you loosing contact so it will be a little to the North West of that last position, somewhere near the centre of the field: https://goo.gl/maps/6WNEvyQ3zwA2

I doubt it got to the next road.

I'm a bit puzzled about why you flew it away, maybe you didn't realise that it was auto landing?
2018-8-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

AlexanderSV Posted at 2018-8-16 12:54
Thanks for answer!

Your Phantom lost control signal and came back to directly above the home point at 1:03.4 and commenced autolanding.
If you had taken your hands off the joysticks, it would have come down and landed right where you launched it.
But you were pushing the right stick hard forward while it was autolanding, which flew the Phantom further towards the west.
You kept the right stick forward, flying at full speed.
When the signal was lost, the Phantom was 211 metres from the homepoint and 132 metres up
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Alexander, sorry for the loss. Please try to check the last coordinates on the flight records to see whether the drone can be found. If still no luck and the unit is still under warranty period, please contact our support and start a case for data analysis: https://www.dji.com/support We'll offer you a proper solution according to the data analysis result.
2018-8-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Pilot error. Sorry to read about it, but ya bro, you screwed up...

Go find your bird, in the direction as suggested above. Good luck.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Please RTFM before using app functions or user friendly parameters that you don’t quite have a handle upon.

I do hope and have faith, that you can find it, soon.

RedHotPoker
2018-8-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-16 13:57
Your Phantom lost control signal and came back to directly above the home point at 1:03.4 and commenced autolanding.
If you had taken your hands off the joysticks, it would have come down and landed right where you launched it.
But you were pushing the right stick hard forward while it was autolanding, which flew the Phantom further towards the west.

Funny he never heard it flying directly above?

Mine is quite loud, even when at a relative high elevation.  Another reason I prefer noisy props. :-)

RedHotPoker

2018-8-16
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If its windy it can muffle the sound but not by the amount where ya cannot hear it, i can certainly hear my p4p,  unless the v2.0 is that quiet????
2018-8-16
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-16 19:26
Funny he never heard it flying directly above?

Mine is quite loud, even when at a relative high elevation.  Another reason I prefer noisy props. :-)

It had only recently taken off when it was overhead so should of been audible all the time until it was flown away using the sticks.  The problem seems to have been that signal was lost temporarily while it was overhead which triggered an RTH and then an auto land.  It was then flown away while in auto land so when contact was lost again it just continued with the auto land instead of doing an RTH.   I assume that the pilot didn't realise that it was in auto land.

Not sure how long it would take to stop on loosing contact in that situation where it is already in auto land, I think I'll change my guess to just beyond the next road: https://goo.gl/maps/gWG1HpmYPVq , or maybe in the top of the trees just before the road!
2018-8-16
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

Hi all!
  Thank you for your help. Still trying to find drone about 4 hours today, no success yet... Starting with the point where the signal off. We meet some spectators that saw it and says the drone is fly away from this point. Spectator 2 (on attached image) says that drone fly to farm and than stop and begin landing (?)... Now going to continue search...

2018-8-17
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AlexanderSV Posted at 2018-8-17 01:26
Hi all!
  Thank you for your help. Still trying to find drone about 4 hours today, no success yet... Starting with the point where the signal off. We meet some spectators that saw it and says the drone is fly away from this point. Spectator 2 (on attached image) says that drone fly to farm and than stop and begin landing (?)... Now going to continue search...

I would expect a P4 to have stopped before reaching spectator 2, but for a P3 I don't know, maybe it could still hear the controller and knew that you were still holding the sticks even though the controller couldn't hear the P3, in which case you just have to search where spectator 2 thought it stopped.  We do know that it was in auto land mode and will have landed where it stopped.
2018-8-17
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

FOUND IT! Thanks friends!
2018-8-17
Use props
P4P+_Brazil
lvl.4
Brazil

Nice
2018-8-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How bad was the damage?
2018-8-17
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-17 04:31
How bad was the damage?

It's 100% OK. People from this house catch it yesterday while landing
2018-8-17
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Dang, how lucky can you get?  Pretty sure that's a first!
2018-8-17
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-8-17 05:53
Dang, how lucky can you get?  Pretty sure that's a first!

Yes, first accident and first luck)
2018-8-17
Use props
AlexanderSV
New

Belarus

What is my critical mistake in this case? Is there drone setting to force return home when signal lost? not just "auto land" anywhere
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Made my day, reading the awesome news...

Glad that it had been recovered, and in one large piece. Hahaha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-16 23:36
It had only recently taken off when it was overhead so should of been audible all the time until it was flown away using the sticks.  The problem seems to have been that signal was lost temporarily while it was overhead which triggered an RTH and then an auto land.  It was then flown away while in auto land so when contact was lost again it just continued with the auto land instead of doing an RTH.   I assume that the pilot didn't realise that it was in auto land.

Not sure how long it would take to stop on loosing contact in that situation where it is already in auto land, I think I'll change my guess to just beyond the next road: https://goo.gl/maps/gWG1HpmYPVq , or maybe in the top of the trees just before the road!

It’s going to be a great day... I can tell...

RedHotPoker
2018-8-17
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

AlexanderSV Posted at 2018-8-17 07:05
What is my critical mistake in this case? Is there drone setting to force return home when signal lost? not just "auto land" anywhere

When the signal was lost, it did return home, then started the auto land, then you pushed the right stick and flew it away from home until it lost contact again.  Because it was already auto landing it continued the auto land.
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-17 08:29
When the signal was lost, it did return home, then started the auto land, then you pushed the right stick and flew it away from home until it lost contact again.  Because it was already auto landing it continued the auto land.

Nigel, Read post #14? He has it back already. Hello?

Case closed... hahaha

You need to stay in sequence, not jump ahead, Willy Nilly. .
EDIT:
(As he spoke out of phase...)
213938D2-8FA7-4DA5-A43E-56813AD8217D.jpeg Glitch...

RedHotPoker

2018-8-17
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-8-17 09:14
Nigel, Read post #14? He has it back already. Hello?

Have you reached post #20 yet?
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-17 09:33
Have you reached post #20 yet?

Yes, still scratching my head... hahaha

Ah, time for a specialty tea... @peace
“Tranquility base, we have landed”..

RedHotPoker
2018-8-17
Use props
GaryNash
lvl.4
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Op.... the best thing you should do is go and buy a lottery ticket.......
2018-8-17
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GaryNash Posted at 2018-8-17 10:22
Op.... the best thing you should do is go and buy a lottery ticket.......

Why throw good money away?

Lottery Tickets = Tax On The Stupid...

Buy a nice meal, feed the brain and soul.
9AE86E54-EFE3-4C9A-868E-F0AA09337EA7.jpeg

Have a refreshment as well. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-8-17
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Sorry for the lost mate
2018-8-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now