7794 93 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hellsgate
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-21 19:47
Been pretty much saying that (and then i was more specific once i read the regs) since post 8 but he wont listen, he also removed the other image that showed the track down below when i mentioned about flying over the track, i think this image i found  and him being within 30' of the coaster car pretty much shows he flew over the track ( and people) as the track was under or he had to go over it with the,  the image is pretty close to the angle the drone was at too

ac[view_image]

That looks like one hell of a ride.
I cant comment on usa rules and regs but here if we flew a drone over that with people riding it you would get arrested on the spot.
I honestly think the op should post this on social media so we can read about him in the news.
There is a word here in aus for people that do this kinda stuff unfortunately im not allowed to use it here.
2018-8-21
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 2018-8-21 19:47
Been pretty much saying that (and then i was more specific once i read the regs) since post 8 but he wont listen, he also removed the other image that showed the track down below when i mentioned about flying over the track, i think this image i found  and him being within 30' of the coaster car pretty much shows he flew over the track ( and people) as the track was under or he had to go over it with the,  the image is pretty close to the angle the drone was at too

ac[view_image]

From that image, it would seem that since he was flying from outside the park there would have been no way to judge horizontal distance to the people visually, he would have had to use a 2D video screen to judge distance to the people, presumably before the people arrived.  He also wouldn't have been able to see any small cables/wires/ropes that may have endangered the flight.

Worst part of it is that the propellers are at face height for some of those people, if the drone was to loose visual hold, or loose GPS, and drift horizontally by a few meters - disaster, and with only a 2D video screen for judging horizontal distance, no way to correct the drift in time.

There was a definite hazard, so the exception rule in §91.119 that allows operation close to the ground and to people "If the operation is conducted without hazard to persons or property on the surface" can't be used and the flight is clearly illegal.

2018-8-22
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Yes .,, have ti agree there ... he certainly seems to have some guts !!

Sorry if I was touch rude - not meant ... just couldn't tell what your 'funny' comment was aimed at.

Cheers
Nigel
2018-8-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

solentlife Posted at 2018-8-22 02:36
Yes .,, have ti agree there ... he certainly seems to have some guts !!

Sorry if I was touch rude - not meant ... just couldn't tell what your 'funny' comment was aimed at.

It is ok mate
2018-8-22
Use props
justin_mcvideo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191896 ft
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-21 01:27
I had a quick look at your rules, just out of interest, since from what has been posted they seem to be lacking in safety requirements.

However there are a couple of safety rules that you do need to comply with, they are not drone rules but do apply to all aircraft including drones and it doesn't matter if you consider your drone to be a model aircraft or not.  I believe from your first post photo that you would have a very hard time convincing a court that you have complied with them when you can't even convince other drone pilots!

FINALLY!  Some REAL numbers!  Thank you!  

That's all I wanted.

Rules like "reasonable" or "careless" are much too subjective, and can be argued to death in any case.  But real actual numbers cannot be debated.  Thank you for listing these, and not a bloody link to a page that says nothing more.

Oh, and hey Bashy, good to see you back so soon!

Cheers.
2018-8-22
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

justin_mcvideo Posted at 2018-8-22 10:25
FINALLY!  Some REAL numbers!  Thank you!  

That's all I wanted.

What you need is a longer lens on your drone, then you could get your "close up" shots from a safe distance where if the drone started to drift you would have a reasonable chance of stopping it from chopping up peoples faces.  To decide if your photo was taken with acceptable risk I first needed to work out if you had a Phantom or if it was taken with something with a longer lens, very hard to tell with that photo.

Looking at some of your other photos, I think you should consider flying a little higher so that your props are not at face level.
2018-8-22
Use props
fans5fc2f1ce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

your fine my drone lost gps and i lost my drone ....i get an email from faa that i guess my drone drifted on to mccarren airport and landed on the airfield while the president was at airport my drone got confiscated by faa & secret service.i spent 2 days in vegas in interviews with them and at the end i have some really cool video and story got all my stuff back too..you guys wanna see video its on empyreandronefilms on instagram..
2018-8-22
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

fans5fc2f1ce Posted at 2018-8-22 12:25
your fine my drone lost gps and i lost my drone ....i get an email from faa that i guess my drone drifted on to mccarren airport and landed on the airfield while the president was at airport my drone got confiscated by faa & secret service.i spent 2 days in vegas in interviews with them and at the end i have some really cool video and story got all my stuff back too..you guys wanna see video its on empyreandronefilms on instagram..

Your lucky, I bet it would have been a different story if your drone had been sucked into an aircraft engine.
2018-8-22
Use props
N8JYF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2122077 ft

Are you flying under Part 107?  I notice several hospitals nearby. Did you contact them before flying?  Although the Flight may not be illegal, it is reckless.  Large metal structures and high voltages play he’ll with sUAV compasses.  I would have stayed much farther away and cropped it in post. Same result on a bright sunny day with low ISO and Mega pixels. If you were as close as you appear, I’d hope you at least have adequate insurance.  What is the desired purpose of the shot. I get a “viral YouTube tones” in your posts.
Fly safe, and avoid bringing undo adverse attention to your hobby and some of our professions.

Scott, N8JYF

2018-8-23
Use props
N8JYF
lvl.2

Sorry about screwing up the posting. Iphone makes it hard
2018-8-23
Use props
N8JYF
lvl.2

Scott, N8JYF
2018-8-23
Use props
N8JYF
lvl.2

Nigel_ Posted at 2018-8-22 01:32
From that image, it would seem that since he was flying from outside the park there would have been no way to judge horizontal distance to the people visually, he would have had to use a 2D video screen to judge distance to the people, presumably before the people arrived.  He also wouldn't have been able to see any small cables/wires/ropes that may have endangered the flight.

Worst part of it is that the propellers are at face height for some of those people, if the drone was to loose visual hold, or loose GPS, and drift horizontally by a few meters - disaster, and with only a 2D video screen for judging horizontal distance, no way to correct the drift in time.

And the inherant latency of the video comes into play here.
2018-8-23
Use props
rubyduby
lvl.2
Flight distance : 228776 ft

AlanHd Posted at 2018-8-22 22:23
Your lucky, I bet it would have been a different story if your drone had been sucked into an aircraft engine.

yeah its exactly what i said when i was being interviewed im usually carefull i was just trying to get a shot of ferris wheel and on my logs you can see i just went straight up then out about 50 feet and drone lost gps and drifted away regardless of the home point being on 50 feet away..so they let me go with a warning to inform the airport next time i fly etc etc.
2018-8-25
Use props
KieranB1996
New

United Kingdom

my mate flew over alton towers. I went in cheap with my tastecard to watch
2022-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules