Ronin-S Shakes Violently & Shuts Off
3889 5 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NewP3S
lvl.1

I have a Canon Rebel SL2 aka 200D. I know the camera is not compatible. I know the camera is light weight. It does balance with an excellent balance test result. I tried to invert my Ronin-S as shown in this video but it didn't want to, it shook violently and shut down. The following is a video link set to start a couple seconds before the gimbal inversion demo:

It also wants to shake when reaching the ends of its pan and tilt perimeters, but I back off from it shaking and shutting down.

a) Would adjusting the settings in the app solve this issue?
b) Does the firmware update solve this issue?
c) Is this the propper way to invert the gimbal?
d) Should I be able to pan and tilt to the end of its range without it shaking and or shutting down???

Any help would be most appreciated, THANKS!
2018-8-16
Use props
NewP3S
lvl.1

Hey guys the video didn't edit from Youtube as it should have, sorry. I tried editing my post but the forum wouldn't let me. The Ronin-S inversion demo begins right after 4:27. Sorry and thanks!
2018-8-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, sorry, I do not find shaking and or shutting down in your video, could you upload your video to Dropbox or Google Drive? We'd like to check the exact status and try our best to help you.
2018-8-17
Use props
StianGel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686654 ft
Norway

NewP3S Posted at 2018-8-16 17:40
Hey guys the video didn't edit from Youtube as it should have, sorry. I tried editing my post but the forum wouldn't let me. The Ronin-S inversion demo begins right after 4:27. Sorry and thanks!

It is way easier to hold the trigger and swing the gimbal forward. (Into flashlight mode, and continue to underslung mode.)
2018-8-17
Use props
fans09432ec5
New
Flight distance : 38268 ft
United States

I have very similar problems with my canon Sl2 and an SL1 I was using with a battery grip a while back. The vibrations are very strange cause the cameras ARE balanced, but the slightest movement in the wrong directions cause the Ronin S to violently shake to the point where I have to force shut it off. I thought I just had a defective unit but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with this probelm
2018-10-24
Use props
thekidswhopop
New
Ireland

Hi guys,

I bought my Ronin S in July, used it once for a wedding and unfortunately due to work and other commitments has been packed away ever since.

I took it back out today to start using it again but when I powered it on it starting vibrating and rotating violently, I have to turn it off after a few second for fear of it causing more damage or hurting anyone nearby.

I took a video of what it looks like when it is vibrating so others can see and hopefully figure out what is going on.

Has anyone got a fix for this yet?
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules