123Next >
4309 90 2018-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>

So i do not want to solve my issues??? What? U make no sense cetacean!!! I have tried everything. I think u have the issues. U obviously cant comprehend anything that was in this thread, like what was tried or the calibrations done, fw refreshes....but i dont want to solve any of my issues? Yea ok sure whatever u say....mr springy sticks hahaha
2018-8-20
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Dude no one is blaming DJI you sound half slow if there is a bug it needs to be fixed we have done all we can as far as refreshing firmware and calibrations so what else can we do? Why don't you answer that! Do you remember that p4p v1 return to home bug where it would rise instead of staying at the set return to home height DJI fixed that.....do you remember the bugs with the mavic pro well DJI fixed that! So according to you any bug that we find is just blaming DJI and even though the said user has tried everything in their power to correct it it's still on "our lap" yea ok!!! so what usually happens in software is if you cannot fix the said issue after doing numerous calibrations and refreshes you usually report the bug to the software department... and they will fix it. What do you think new products do not come with software bugs? Im done with your half baked responses cetacean feels like I'm arguing with my fifteen-year-old daughter
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-19 12:18
wanda, jimmy hoffa and others have put on utube videos showing how our aircraft (v2.0) rotate left by themselves......we know it is a common problem as we are all having it happen to our individual aircraft.
these are the circumstances we know:
1. aircraft rotates left by itself

Hi. Sorry for the late response. Can you please export the corresponding flight data in the aircraft for further analysis? We will forward this flight data to our engineers and they will check this issue for you. We sincerely apologize for the trouble.
2018-8-20
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-20 03:32
Dude no one is blaming DJI you sound half slow if there is a bug it needs to be fixed we have done all we can as far as refreshing firmware and calibrations so what else can we do? Why don't you answer that! Do you remember that p4p v1 return to home bug where it would rise instead of staying at the set return to home height DJI fixed that.....do you remember the bugs with the mavic pro well DJI fixed that! So according to you any bug that we find is just blaming DJI and even though the said user has tried everything in their power to correct it it's still on "our lap" yea ok!!! so what usually happens in software is if you cannot fix the said issue after doing numerous calibrations and refreshes you usually report the bug to the software department... and they will fix it. What do you think new products do not come with software bugs? Im done with your half baked responses cetacean feels like I'm arguing with my fifteen-year-old daughter

Hi. Can you please export the corresponding flight data in the aircraft for further analysis? We will forward this flight data to our engineers and they will check this issue for you. We sincerely apologize for the trouble. We will do our best to fix this.
2018-8-20
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Dji wanda just export it from the dji assistant application? I will send it later when i am done work
2018-8-20
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Dji Wanda also if your engineers just fly the v2 they will see the problem. Pretty easy to spot ....ty
2018-8-20
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

I have the same problem with 4 other friends. Each machine is P4P V2. This is a clear software bug.
2018-8-20
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-19 23:00
Aloha ariel,

The software in this scenario is that the DJI GO 4 app handed off control of the aircraft to the GPS for the return.  My first thought was that you were on to something, but then I remembered about the GPS.  The sticks are not involved in a RTH.  It would have been a good observation though if they were involved.

thanks for your assistance and ideas, cetacean.....my circumstance is one of a beginner who is being entirely charmed by the flights of this aircraft....i am on my own in learning how it all works so am proceeding with caution....the more advanced modes you mention i have not yet accessed, but it seems likely that 'stick free' flying is somehow immune from this 'rotate left' situation....i did see that your mention of the sticks engaging with the edges of the foam case could happen if the sticks are extended, but in my instance it was not happening....anyway, each idea has it's value even if it is to close the door on one possible cause.....thanks for your input and i am encouraged by everyone on this thread's participation in seeking a solution.....dji has heard us and we will see if they can figure out what the dilemma is....this little aircraft is such a clever device, and as this issue is evidently not happening in other models,  i am expecting we will find this issue solved at some point, hopefully soon.....thanks again.....
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-20 06:41
thanks for your assistance and ideas, cetacean.....my circumstance is one of a beginner who is being entirely charmed by the flights of this aircraft....i am on my own in learning how it all works so am proceeding with caution....the more advanced modes you mention i have not yet accessed, but it seems likely that 'stick free' flying is somehow immune from this 'rotate left' situation....i did see that your mention of the sticks engaging with the edges of the foam case could happen if the sticks are extended, but in my instance it was not happening....anyway, each idea has it's value even if it is to close the door on one possible cause.....thanks for your input and i am encouraged by everyone on this thread's participation in seeking a solution.....dji has heard us and we will see if they can figure out what the dilemma is....this little aircraft is such a clever device, and as this issue is evidently not happening in other models,  i am expecting we will find this issue solved at some point, hopefully soon.....thanks again.....

Aloha ariel,

So, the answer to my question is that you did leave the P4 Pro V.2 out of the box between flights for a few days and there has been no change in turning behavior of the Phantom?  Is that questioned answered, can we go past that now?  

Great that you are enjoying these amazing products we fly.  Apparently, you are not using any of the tools available for assisted flight.  The Return to Home feature is assisted flight.  Look on YouTube; there are videos on how some of those work.  You will be glad you did.  

The DJI.com web site also has very basic videos on how they work but original flight modes like Homelock and Courselock are not in the P4 series videos because they were introduced in the P2 series and reorganized in the P3 series.  There is also a YouTube Channel for DJI videos that has almost the whole collection.

TomsTechTime.com is also a good source of videos and he is somewhat entertaining but credible.  He provides more depth to the tools we use and the problems we sometimes have.  He is certainly worth a look.

As you get better at flying this network of three computers, at some point you may want to go to "PhantomHelp.com".  That site is worth a bookmark!

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-20 03:27
So i do not want to solve my issues??? What? U make no sense cetacean!!! I have tried everything. I think u have the issues. U obviously cant comprehend anything that was in this thread, like what was tried or the calibrations done, fw refreshes....but i dont want to solve any of my issues? Yea ok sure whatever u say....mr springy sticks hahaha

Aloha Jimmy,

There, are you happy now?  You do realize you are just ranting to the crowd?  Unless I come looking for your diatribes, I have no idea that you are even commenting.  Do you even know how to reply?  Talk about not knowing the basics.  But, nobody can tell you that!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-20 03:32
Dude no one is blaming DJI you sound half slow if there is a bug it needs to be fixed we have done all we can as far as refreshing firmware and calibrations so what else can we do? Why don't you answer that! Do you remember that p4p v1 return to home bug where it would rise instead of staying at the set return to home height DJI fixed that.....do you remember the bugs with the mavic pro well DJI fixed that! So according to you any bug that we find is just blaming DJI and even though the said user has tried everything in their power to correct it it's still on "our lap" yea ok!!! so what usually happens in software is if you cannot fix the said issue after doing numerous calibrations and refreshes you usually report the bug to the software department... and they will fix it. What do you think new products do not come with software bugs? Im done with your half baked responses cetacean feels like I'm arguing with my fifteen-year-old daughter

Aloha Jimmy,

Still not happy?  Second Officer Hoffa, I remember bugs and design flaws in the Phantom 2 series.  Just call me your elephant friend.

You just need to work on your communication skills and focus on issues rather than trying to find fault in peripheral matters.  Solving problems with this technology requires testing and the elimination of possible causes of any particular problem.  Simply dismissing possible sources of problems, as is sometimes attempted, often leads to not finding the source of the problem and constantly treating symptoms.  DJI wants to solve any problems we have and this Forum is how we can help DJI, and customers, solve those problems.  The experienced members of this Forum do not believe that there is such a thing as a "Stupid Question".  When asked and addressed, they often solve the problem.  Plus, experienced members remember when they had that question unanswered.

Commenters telling DJI that they know better than DJI about a problem does not make DJI do anything except dismiss those commenters because they have problems not related to DJI products.  DJI appreciates any systematic approach to solving any perceived problems with their products.  They are happy to work with us and tend to ignore those who are just angry at something.  It usually means they do not understand something basic.

Look, DJI Wanda wants to work with you.  From what you say, without distractions from me apparently, you would like to get this problem solved.  Just approach the problem systematically and focus on all the possible causes.  If the problem is firmware, DJI will figure it out.  But not all problems are firmware and claiming that firmware is the problem just distracts from solving the real problem.  

You have to defer to DJI, they invented and innovated these wonderful products we fly.  They might be expected to know much more than we do about these products.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-8-20 04:41
I have the same problem with 4 other friends. Each machine is P4P V2. This is a clear software bug.

Aloha Bulcsú,

See my Post #51 to Jimmy.  DJI still has to determine if the issue is firmware.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Sure cetacean whatever u say!
2018-8-20
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-18 15:29
Cetacean that doesnt make sense because i keep my drone and remote out of the box. So dont think it messes with the sticks lol thats a funny one tho! First i heard of that on a serious note this needs to be fixed ASAP come on DJI these drones aren't cheap

Not what you said in #13 .....
2018-8-20
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Ya got me !
2018-8-20
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft

Tearuup your point being? He stated a few times that he doesn't keep his drone in the Box. and that the whole stick thing didnt make sense....learn to read
2018-8-20
Use props
Tearuup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123763 ft
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-8-20 17:22
Tearuup your point being? He stated a few times that he doesn't keep his drone in the Box. and that the whole stick thing didnt make sense....learn to read

Read post #13, I read it.  Not here to argue with you, so maybe you read #13 and see what it says unless you want a quote.........And are you his guardian?  He answered my statement and just let it go.
2018-8-20
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-20 16:41
Sure cetacean whatever u say!

Aloha Jimmy,

You do realize that the two videos in your Post #19 are about two different issues, I hope.  The first one of your P4 Pro V.2 appears to be an IMU issue (or another orientation issue).  That the second one is what this thread of ariel's is about.  You seem to note that the second video is someone else's Phantom.

Metal memory in the sticks would not be related to your problem.  We got to work on your problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-20
Use props
Bulcsú
lvl.3
Flight distance : 712218 ft
Hungary

Hi Cet!!! My friends have a P4P v2 machine that's 4 in total. It does the same thing. There are no Sima P4Ps as well. That's certainly a software error, not the box. This is a bad idea about you. That's me my 4th drone, but none of them behaved. It's obviously a software bug.
2018-8-21
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer

Ty bulscu i believe its software also. The 2 issues are the same  they are both rotating left while either in flight or in a hover
2018-8-21
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Cetacean the first video is mine and the second is another guy's....these are just examples...mine will do this in a hover and in flight. The op also said hers is turning left. So did bulsci, herkam, and a bunch of other people. We dont know what it is. Ive tried imu cals and compass cals which nor.ally would solve weird anomaly's so after exhausting everything as far as refreshing fw, trying in differetn places, calibrations. Even buying a new v2 and having the same problem. Should tell u that it is a software bug. Especially if one can go to best buy buy a new v2 swap it and have same exact problem
2018-8-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-21 10:39
Cetacean the first video is mine and the second is another guy's....these are just examples...mine will do this in a hover and in flight. The op also said hers is turning left. So did bulsci, herkam, and a bunch of other people. We dont know what it is. Ive tried imu cals and compass cals which nor.ally would solve weird anomaly's so after exhausting everything as far as refreshing fw, trying in differetn places, calibrations. Even buying a new v2 and having the same problem. Should tell u that it is a software bug. Especially if one can go to best buy buy a new v2 swap it and have same exact problem

Aloha Jimmy,

Your problem does not appear to be software at all, nor for the other P4 Pro V.2 owners, bulsci, herkam, gambino and "a bunch of other people".  Your problem appears to be an assembly problem.

Your problem is not like the second video you posted or ariel's problem.  The problem with the first video you posted is the camera is oriented 10 or so degrees to the left during flight and does not change during the whole flight.  If you, bulsci, herkam, gambino and the others had the same problem as ariel's, your Phantom would be turning 360 degrees repeatedly during that flight.  Big difference.

This has happened before.  Unfortunately, previous versions of this problem required a return to DJI for repair.  Look at this thread and you will see an explanation of your problem with your P4 Pro V2.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-162592-1-1.html

It would be nice if the solution for that problem was a software fix.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Cetacean my gimbal is not off center those people had a problem with a crooked camera mine is perfectly straight also you have no clue what the hell you are talking about .... if I leave mine hover mine will also repeatedly rotate to the left do you read any of my post? Mine  ROTATES TO THE LEFT AND WILL FLY CROOKED WHEN GOING STRAIGHT.... This is a software problem have you read my last post I don't think you did or cannot comprehend what I was saying what are the odds of me taking back the Drone grabbing a new one and having the same exact problem twice.. .wish there was a mute button! You make absolutely no sense whenever you write a post
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bulcsú Posted at 2018-8-21 03:18
Hi Cet!!! My friends have a P4P v2 machine that's 4 in total. It does the same thing. There are no Sima P4Ps as well. That's certainly a software error, not the box. This is a bad idea about you. That's me my 4th drone, but none of them behaved. It's obviously a software bug.

Aloha Bulcsú,

See my Post to Jimmy #62.

Jimmy's problem is not like the second video Jimmy posted or ariel's problem.  The problem with the first video Jimmy posted is the camera is oriented 10 or so degrees to the left during flight and does not change during the whole flight.  If you, Jimmy, herkam, gambino and the others had the same problem as ariel's, your Phantom would be turning 360 degrees repeatedly during that flight.  That is a big difference.

Sorry for the sad news.  DJI has to fix it with a return.  Swapping for another P4 Pro V.2 just risks getting another one with the assembly problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

And the thread you linked was just put up yesterday and has no resolution also the guy said he had a crooked camera in which I said it I do not have a crooked camera about three times already.... of course if it's crooked you're not going to exactly fly straight it's going to look weird while flying...problem is my camera is straight! And the whole ac rotates left!!! What don't you understand or comprehend?
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2018-8-21 10:32
Ty bulscu i believe its software also. The 2 issues are the same  they are both rotating left while either in flight or in a hover

Aloha gambino,

See my Post to Jimmy #62.

Jimmy's problem is not like the second video Jimmy posted or ariel's problem.  The problem with the first video Jimmy posted is the camera is oriented 10 or so degrees to the left during flight and does not change during the whole flight.  If you, Jimmy, herkam, Bulcsú and the others had the same problem as ariel's, your Phantom would be turning 360 degrees repeatedly during that flight.  That is a big difference.

Sorry for the sad news.  DJI has to fix it with a return.  Swapping for another P4 Pro V.2 just risks getting another one with the assembly problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Man this guy truly is slow
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Again the first video is my video and every time I boot up the camera is perfectly straight what happens in the video is the Drone rotates to the left or drifts. If i hover it will spin left... I don't know why I keep trying to make you understand
2018-8-22
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer

Cetacean my drone does repeatedly turn to the left if let hover ya ditz! You seem like u are trying to defend dji like we are coming at them in some way. We just want our drones fixed. Many users reported the same thing and u seem eager to discredit us. U should stop posting u sound really st$pid especially arguing with users jimmy etc. Seems u havent got the slightest clue.
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

The guy has absolutely no clue. I think the sticky metal stick theory gave it away
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-22 02:49
Cetacean  my gimbal is not off center those people had a problem with a crooked camera mine is perfectly straight also you have no clue what the hell you are talking about .... if I leave mine hover mine will also repeatedly rotate to the left do you read any of my post? Mine  ROTATES TO THE LEFT AND WILL FLY CROOKED WHEN GOING STRAIGHT.... This is a software problem have you read my last post I don't think you did or cannot comprehend what I was saying what are the odds of me taking back the Drone grabbing a new one and having the same exact problem twice.. .wish there was a mute button! You make absolutely no sense whenever you write a post

Aloha Jimmy,

We are now discussing your Posts #63-#65.  You posted a video of your flight in Post #19.  You also posted a video of someone else's video of a problem similar to ariel's.  The two videos show two very different problems.  Sure one P4 Pro V.2 may have both problems, apparently you claim yours does, but they are two different problems that have to be solved separately.  

Your Post #19 videos do not show what your problems are and are misleading according to statements you are making in Posts #63, #65, #68, etc.  It is interesting that you can put your face in your video in Post #19 but you could not include the whole Phantom flying askew during straight flight in the video which would have been much more helpful.  You can do it but you would rather show us your face.  Go figgah.

You have made claims, like in Post #13 that you disavowed later in Post #25.  You make it hard to work with you because you keep changing your story, even Tearuup noticed it.  BTW, your experience pales compared to mine, maybe because I am old enough to be your grandfather.  You have communication problems that I am trying to work through in order to help you solve your problems with your P4 Pro V.2.

Now, maybe you should settle down and get to work solving the problems that are in your lap because they certainly are not in mine.  There are a number of tests that can be done to isolate your problems.  If you have to send your P4 Pro V.2 in to DJI, they will be interested in the results of these tests.  BTW, the others with these issues may have to do likewise, so you can think of what you are doing as helping them.  They may even want to get involved and test their own P4 Pro V.2s and let us know what happens.

It would probably be helpful if you started a different thread.  Poor ariel seems to have been hijacked and the conversation in this thread is a real mess, basically two pages of insults, bad form.  Another thread will also allow a reorganization of the problem description and a logical testing approach.  Please make a video of your P4 Pro V.2 flying askew and put the Map part of your video from Post #19 in that video as a PIP like you did with your face earlier.

We have solved harder problems than this.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

What claims did i make in 13 that i later disavowed in 25? What saying that i kept in case never crashed or bumped it. Whats difference basically just saying i babied it. Yes i keep it in case when i travel dodo....Get it? Like never trashed it was hard on it. Case or not what does it matter . Its a new ac .....Get off your whole stick stick idea.  .What does this have to do with how ac fly's. I cant solve these problems only dji's engineers can. It would probably be helpful if u stopped writing posts that made no sense. And go somewhere with that aloha and drone on bull....corny old man. Also how would i show whole phantom flying from a camera? U would see it for 2 seconds ...the way i did it was the best way. It shows what im seeing THE USER... man you really don't think when you type do you.
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-22 05:01
What claims did i make in 13 that i later disavowed in 25? What saying that i kept in case never crashed or bumped it. Whats difference basically just saying i babied it. Yes i keep it in case when i travel dodo....Get it? Like never trashed it was hard on it. Case or not what does it matter . Its a new ac .....Get off your whole stick stick idea.  .What does this have to do with how ac fly's. I cant solve these problems only dji's engineers can. It would probably be helpful if u stopped writing posts that made no sense. And go somewhere with that aloha and drone on bull....corny old man. Also how would i show whole phantom flying from a camera? U would see it for 2 seconds ...the way i did it was the best way. It shows what im seeing THE USER... man you really don't think when you type do you.

Aloha Jimmy,

Do you ever read what you write?  You have serious problems with your communication skills and almost no empathy for the reader of what you write.  This is a public forum.  Those who read what you write give you more respect than you give yourself.

How come you will not let go about the metal memory problem?  Did you completely miss that one or something?  You seem to really have a problem with that one.  It is not a problem for me.

Apparently, from what you write, you have cognitive issues to.  Read what you write and look how you embarrass yourself and put yourself down.  Have some pride.  Come on, you are not that bad.  Get ahold of yourself.  I give you more credit than you give yourself.

You can see a lot in 2 seconds.  It took me about 2 seconds to figure you out, just read what you write.  There is a lot there besides drones.  Get on track and solve this problem.  It is in your lap not mine.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
  • >>>

Cetacean the problem is still in my lap?
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 2018-8-22 17:48
Cetacean the problem is still in my lap?

Aloha Jimmy,

Let us know if you want any help.  You should probably send the P4 Pro V.2 in to DJI for evaluation.  You said, DJI should "just fly it".  It is still under warranty and you claim returning it to authorized sellers only gets you more of the same.  You also claim that it is useless to you so sending it in should not be a problem.

It is a no-brainer.  Your best option sounds like sending it in to DJI since you do not appear to want to work on the problems you says it has.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-22
Use props
iamsavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3850846 ft
Australia

*Following ...even after all the confusing back and forth in the middle there.

I need to do further testing with my new V2.0, but I did notice 2 things that I thought were odd. Both intermittent at the moment, I haven't noticed it every flight (although I haven't been looking for it)

1) Pointing directly at a target and flying dead straight (controller right stick full forward), I noticed the V2.0 drifts slightly off course to the right. Resulting in the target no longer being in the centre.
2) Hovering above head height for a catch land, I noticed the V2.0 slowly drifting away from myself. I stood back away from any sensors and re-centred it for a 'test-hover' and it kept slowly drifting in a single direction with no stick input. No wind, no interference, strong signal.
2018-8-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

iamsavi Posted at 2018-8-22 23:10
*Following ...even after all the confusing back and forth in the middle there.

I need to do further testing with my new V2.0, but I did notice 2 things that I thought were odd. Both intermittent at the moment, I haven't noticed it every flight (although I haven't been looking for it)

Aloha savi ,

My apologies for the confusing issues in the middle of this thread.  Happy to see you persevered.

Concerning your two problems, both seem to be IMU related.  Have you looked into the IMU readouts and checked if a calibration might be needed.  Our Phantoms usually give us a strong notification if an IMU calibration is recommended by the DJI GO 4 software.  It might not be a bad idea to recalibrate anyway.  

In my own Phantoms (I do not have a P4 Pro V.2) the more I calibrate back-to-back (at least twice), the better the performance.  I also concentrate on hitting all the marks as precisely as possible.  IMU calibrations are all about precision orientation and you seem to be having precision orientation issues.

Be sure to use a carpenter's level to create a level spot to put the Phantom during the calibration.

Another possibility is how many satellites do you have when the drifting occurs (#2)?  Does it drift more or less depending on how many satellites it registers?  When you say "strong signal" is that between the remote controller and the Phantom or is it GPS signals?

Regarding #1), could you do the same test using CourseLock?  Your example with 1) indicates a pure stick flight and a problem.  To figure out if the problem is in the sticks and / or the sticks firmware; or in the general app software / firmware, using CourseLock will allow the software to control the orientation of the Phantom like ariel experienced when using Return to Home.  

You could even do a CourseLock flight out and a RTH flight home for a thousand feet each way and then try just sticks both ways and test this for one battery.  If you notice something odd in this process, by all means test it if you can.  But one battery worth of repeated performance, either as designed or problematic, will go a long way toward identifying what is and is not the problem with #1).

Hope this helps!  Looking forward to what happens with your P4 Pro V.2.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-23
Use props
ariel2020
lvl.2

Cetacean Posted at 2018-8-23 02:11
Aloha savi ,

My apologies for the confusing issues in the middle of this thread.  Happy to see you persevered.

update:  sticks not engaging with aircraft. stick calibrations unsuccessful. spoke to a dji technician who asked that i send the controller in for repair, replace.  they are also going to investigate the 'rotates left by itself' circumstance.....sent today with an expected turn around of 2 weeks...
2018-8-25
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel for all the folks having this problem.    Thankfully , not all of us do.   When I fly straight to a distant object, it flies straight.  Tested this several times in the past.   Today thanks to a power failure on a jobsite I had some play time.  Fresh battery, put it in a hover with some writing on a tank centered on the screen.  Hit record and placed the controller in the back of my SUV.  27+ minutes later it landed on its on (I did have to cancel the first return home).   It was still centered on the writing.  Tried to upload a compressed and sped up vid but it was still too big.   Wish I had the magic answer, I know there has to be one.

Now if DJI would just fix the problem of not being able to upload a panorama to the goggles, that would make me happy.
2018-8-25
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

ariel2020 Posted at 2018-8-25 10:49
update:  sticks not engaging with aircraft. stick calibrations unsuccessful. spoke to a dji technician who asked that i send the controller in for repair, replace.  they are also going to investigate the 'rotates left by itself' circumstance.....sent today with an expected turn around of 2 weeks...

Aloha ariel,

Mahalo for the update!  Your choice of action is probably the best under the circumstances.  DJI needs to see first hand what you have been describing.  Be sure you let them know that Return To Home does travel straight home without rotating on its own.  It would have been helpful if you could have tested CourseLock.  Courselock is similar to the operation "Return to Home" in how it isolates the stick commands.

When you said "stick calibrations unsuccessful" did the Remote Controller Calibration fail as a whole, or did the calibration succeed and it did not help the rotation problem with the left stick.  Were you able to see 1 to 100% in the calibration readout for each stick and wheel input?  BTW, sometimes it takes 5 - 10 seconds for those numbers to start showing because the computer takes a while to work the algorithm.

Good luck with the repair / replace!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-8-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules