Accident waiting to happen.

2018-8-19
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310489 ft
United Arab Emirates

sica Posted at 2018-8-18 00:07
without gps between nearby walls (like a balcony) drones will surely hit a wall! The first reason is the air turbulence produced by the propellers: the air is pushed from the top down by hitting the floor and then redirected to the walls, after which the air jet will hit back drones that will be unbalanced. Just as you blow in the wall and get back in front the air jet ... so avoid this way of flying

thanks
I am more amazed by the mind of physics you have
brilliant explanation
2018-8-19
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

Bing Err Posted at 2018-8-17 23:24
If the drone doesn't record the correct GPS location at launch you are more prone to a fly-away. Also the structure will likely produce a compass error on your drone, which also can produce a fly-away. HOWEVER, if you absolutely have to get the shot, then I would recomend flying it out and away from the building and then having someone on the ground so you can land it in an open area and retrieve the drone. If you attempt to fly it back into the window or patio it will be tricky and could very well crash and destroy the drone.

don't worry i am totally realised i should not do that
2018-8-19
Use props
Amjad1983
lvl.4
United Arab Emirates

GDL Posted at 2018-8-16 22:30
There are a lot of stories in this forum about crash when takeoff from balcony or fly though window. You can search and read. There are lot old threads you can learn from.

thanks
i am now become mature enough not to do so
2018-8-19
Use props
fanse21db91e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 287329 ft
  • >>>
United States

Whenever flying wirelessly there is always a host of radio issues that could affect your flight, categorized as RFI issues.  Then there are drone orientation issues depending on your experience level.  Too many issues including any people below you if your drone drops out  of the sky. Is is worth it?
2018-8-19
Use props
djiuser_kkgp7PBBaX2t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47477 ft
Malaysia

I flied from balcony, levels up multi-floor car park with spacious "window" and root-top and crashing few and lost few including away from balcony and never came back yet.
Those respect rules and laws please respect people who willing to take calculated risk too. Original poster purpose of writing is seeking exchanging sharing the knowledge so the risk can be minimised. Advices being wrote and need not repeat but information or knowledge is key and not subjective "risk", "repeated own opinion". I feel the origin writer expected answer yet answered but unexpected overactive "opinion" are little much..
2022-2-3
Use props
djiuser_kkgp7PBBaX2t
lvl.1
Flight distance : 47477 ft
Malaysia

I fly perfectly from balcony n back safely numerous times, with or without GPS. But yup, u need to be confident n aware of distraction of radio, tv channel etc electronics signal. I once fly away budget drone grom balcony as it just didnt fly in but stop before entering. Guest the signal or software issue.
2022-5-7
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_kkgp7PBBaX2t Posted at 5-7 18:48
I fly perfectly from balcony n back safely numerous times, with or without GPS. But yup, u need to be confident n aware of distraction of radio, tv channel etc electronics signal. I once fly away budget drone grom balcony as it just didnt fly in but stop before entering. Guest the signal or software issue.

You also need to be aware of the chance of magnetic interference screwing things up. Maybe you baloney doesn't contain a lot of steel, others have not been so lucky.
2022-5-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules