Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Tello Firmware Released (v01.04.35.01)
Home / TELLO /
123Next >
35310 89 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Overview
  • Date : 2018.08.16
  • Aircraft Firmware :v01.04.35.01

What’s New?
  • Increased maximum flight altitude to 30 m.

Notes:
  • Do not power off the aircraft during the firmware update.
  • Restart the aircraft once the firmware update is complete.
  • If the firmware update fails, restart the aircraft and the Tello app, and retry.

2018-8-17
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Thank you. I have noticed much better flight performance with the guards.

As a side note the original T1 performs great now as well.
2018-8-17
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for updating the Tello, I see that Ryze is dedicated to improving its products.
2018-8-19
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-8-19 20:26
Thanks for updating the Tello, I see that Ryze is dedicated to improving its products.

Thank you David. We're constantly working to improve both products and service to make all your experience with us better.
Hope you enjoy it and have a good time on flying.

2018-8-21
Use props
aakad
lvl.1

Turkey

thanks but still waiting for compatibility for much more phones such as Samsung note 5 ) either way appreciate your efforts!
2018-8-22
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

I haven't been able to update. The download keeps failing, and yes, I have internet connectivity while I'm trying to do it. I've read that a couple of people are reporting problems with stability and control with the latest update. Was it pulled?
2018-8-22
Use props
STech - Hathdert
lvl.4
Flight distance : 459094 ft
Brazil

JG-N Posted at 2018-8-22 08:08
I haven't been able to update. The download keeps failing, and yes, I have internet connectivity while I'm trying to do it. I've read that a couple of people are reporting problems with stability and control with the latest update. Was it pulled?

Probably ryze suspend the update server until it figures out what happens.. i cant update too to this new firmware.

But if the firmware really has a problem, im glad im dont update when it comes out.

First rule with dji/ryze/parrot drones since phantom 2 years: Never, ever! Update the drone on the same day/week it comes out, its not uncommon the release of firmwares with serious problems ( sparks falling of sky, Phantom 3 updates killing gimbals or turning drones into a brick, etc.)
2018-8-22
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

STech - Hathdert Posted at 2018-8-22 10:16
Probably ryze suspend the update server until it figures out what happens.. i cant update too to this new firmware.

But if the firmware really has a problem, im glad im dont update when it comes out.

Or may be something with SSL communication problems, nevermind. I found a solution:
2018-8-22
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

STech - Hathdert Posted at 2018-8-22 10:16

Or may be something with SSL communication problems... However, I found the solution for Android users:

1. Download old version TELLO Android app v1.1.2 and conduct normal firmware update process (with network switching, follow the on-screen instructions)

2. After firmware upgrade, reset Tello (hold power button for 5 sec on powered device), then re-configure and recalibrate...
DO NOT INTERRUPT FIRMWARE UPDATE PROCESS
CHARGE BATTERY BEFORE
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR USING THIS INFO
2018-8-22
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

JG-N Posted at 2018-8-22 08:08

We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties.  In regard to firmware download err, we respectfully recommending the following methods.

- Close Tello APP and clear the cache.
- Uninstall the Tello APP and reinstall it.
- Link to Home network or 4G.
- Allow the APP to access WLAN or data, just go to Setting -> Rights management -Applications - Tello.
- Download it again.

If persists, would you be so kind to provide a video showing this issue, plus screenshots of APP version and mobile system?  Thanks.

2018-8-23
Use props
Marcos Santos
lvl.1

Brazil

RYZE Posted at 2018-8-23 03:31
We apologize that you’re experiencing difficulties.  In regard to firmware download err, we respectfully recommending the following methods.

- Close Tello APP and clear the cache.

I have cleaned the cache, reinstalled the app and downloaded again but it says "firmware download failed" my internet connection is normal.
2018-8-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your time reaching us back again Marcos. Have you ever allowed the APP to access WLAN or data regarding it? If it persists, we care much about this issue a and wanna collect more info to dig into it. Would you be very kind to record a video showing this issue, plus screenshots of APP version and mobile system? Thanks in advanced.
2018-8-23
Use props
Marcos Santos
lvl.1

Brazil

2018-8-23
Use props
radosax
lvl.1

Czechia

i have same problem
2018-8-23
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

radosax Posted at 2018-8-23 09:42
i have same problem

Everyone who use lastest Android App does. Older Apps and iOS versions works well. Take a look at my previous post.
2018-8-23
Use props
radosax
lvl.1

Czechia

Is new firmware OK or is buggy ?

Becouse on support page in release notes is last version 1.3.

It is possible, than this version is so buggy, then ryzerobotics returns to old version version back.
2018-8-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

vzr Posted at 2018-8-23 10:40
Everyone who use lastest Android App does. Older Apps and iOS versions works well. Take a look at my previous post.

Thanks a lot for your feedback, which would be highly appreciated. Enjoy your weekends.
2018-8-24
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Thanks for your reply Macro. In regards to firmware download err, could you fix it by referencing 15# 's suggestion?  If it persists, to conduct an experiment, may I know the info below? Your valuable info would be appreciated.
* Model number of the mobile device.
* System version of the mobile device
* APP version.
2018-8-24
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

radosax Posted at 2018-8-23 23:30
Is new firmware OK or is buggy ?

Becouse on support page in release notes is last version 1.3.

Hey Radosax, the release note on support page is listed below. It is V1.4  already. Should you have any problem with the new firmware version, please do feel free to contact us with firmware version, APP version as well as video or image showing the problem. We are very happy to help. Wish you a great weekend.

2018-8-24
Use props
djiuser_D59kFmLXSubQ
New

Romania

Thanks for detail description of the problem and troubleshooting conducted.

1. Per firmware download err, please go to setting on Iphone to enable the APP to access data,  and do not connect Tello's wifi while downloading. If persists, we appreciate if can you offer mobile system version and APP version, plus a video showing this issue for further analysis.

2. As to unreachable ryzerobotics. com, you can try clear cookies and disable the secure firewall temporarily. Meanwhile, please check if your friends or family have the same issue. For Windows computer, can you get IP address by referencing the steps below?

1. Click win + R key

2. Input "cmd ", click enter.

3. Type "ping  www.ryzerobotics.com”, click enter.
Wish you a great weekend.

2018-8-25
Use props
rodrigo linkweb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2217487 ft
  • >>>

the same here... "Firmware download failed"
2018-8-25
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Germany

I can confirm that despite all my efforts, I also was unable to update Tello using the latest version of the app in the play store. I have tried on two significantly different android phones following all the suggestions above.

Thanks (a lot) to "vzr", I finally got the firmware update downloaded and installed using the older version of the app in post #9...

Cheers,

2018-8-25
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

vzr Posted at 2018-8-22 12:44
Or may be something with SSL communication problems... However, I found the solution for Android users:

1. Download old version TELLO Android app v1.1.2 and conduct normal firmware update process (with network switching, follow the on-screen instructions)

Thanks for the workaround. This worked for me.
2018-8-26
Use props
Stephelyn
New

Philippines

It works for an old version of the app, Ryze should fixed this another problem on the app, I successfully reupdate my failed firmware update last time using old version of Tello.
2018-8-26
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Great thanks for your update, we care much about this issue and  I’ve reported your feedback to relevant supervisor for further analysis.Appreciate your patience.
2018-8-26
Use props
tuba
lvl.2

United States

vzr Posted at 2018-8-22 12:44

1. Download old version TELLO Android app v1.1.2 and conduct normal firmware update process (with network switching, follow the on-screen instructions)

Couldn't get it to update using the current app.

But your solution worked for me.
Do I really need to do step 2? Phone disconnected from the Tello after the update so maybe that was all that was needed? Tried holding down power button on the Tello for 5 seconds but it didn't seem to do anything.
2018-8-27
Use props
djiuser_2lw3AenZZsVv
New

Ukraine

Hello
I have the same problem with android: "Firmware update failed".
I tried to update firmware on few devices - Samsung S8+, Samsung J7, LG G4s. Also I tried a few versions of Trello apk (last, be May, by February). With different Wi-Fi networks, with 4G connection.
Result is the same - looks like no one android device download firmware.
Only update firmware using iOS device helps.
ryzerobotics.com pings ok in all local networks and 4G
2018-8-28
Use props
Marcos Santos
lvl.1

Brazil

After the last update I have highlighted one thing:

As the Tello starts to fly, the moment I go through some undulating surface it runs away completely from the control I believe the sensor accompanies the ripple of the surface, for example yesterday I was flying on a lot of sand and it happened.

I have already calibrated the MUI and the center of gravity.

What is going on????
2018-8-28
Use props
JG-N
lvl.2

djiuser_2lw3AenZZsVv Posted at 2018-8-28 05:25
Hello
I tried to update firmware on few devices - Samsung S8+, Samsung J7, LG G4s. Also I tried a few versions of Trello apk (last, be May, by February). With different Wi-Fi networks, with 4G connection.

I was able to update the firmware using my Nexus 6p running Android Oreo. I had to use the Version 1.1.2 Tello Android app (https://github.com/MAVProxyUser/ ... 1.2_apkpure.com.apk). After I successfully updated the firmware, I uninstalled version 1.1.2 of the app, and installed the latest version from the Google Play store. See vzr's post on 8/22.
2018-8-28
Use props
vzr
lvl.2

Serbia

tuba Posted at 2018-8-27 18:39
Couldn't get it to update using the current app.

But your solution worked for me.

In short words: NO, it's is not necessary. But I always do factory restart and re-calibration after firmware update just to make sure that new firmware don't mess with old calibration/settings.
2018-8-28
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

djiuser_2lw3AenZZsVv Posted at 2018-8-28 05:25
Hello
I tried to update firmware on few devices - Samsung S8+, Samsung J7, LG G4s. Also I tried a few versions of Trello apk (last, be May, by February). With different Wi-Fi networks, with 4G connection.

We appreciated your detailed troubleshooting. If you have downloaded the latest firmware but having a problem to upgrade,  please kindly check if the info below would assist.  
1.  Hold the power button with power off for about 5 -8s until the front led goes off, it would reboot then and continued with slow flashing red light.  
2. Connect Tello's wifi
3. Launch into Tello APP -> Setting -> More setting -> Redo upgrade.
If persists, would you be so kind to provide screenshots of APP version and mobile version, as well as video showing the problem. Thanks a lot.
2018-8-29
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Marcos Santos Posted at 2018-8-28 07:42
After the last update I have highlighted one thing:

As the Tello starts to fly, the moment I go through some undulating surface it runs away completely from the control I believe the sensor accompanies the ripple of the surface, for example yesterday I was flying on a lot of sand and it happened.

Good day, Marcos, may I know if the drone would position if flying over clear textured surfaces? If yes, please avoid flying the drone above monochrome surfaces.
vision system.png

2018-8-29
Use props
tuba
lvl.2

United States

vzr Posted at 2018-8-28 23:43
In short words: NO, it's is not necessary. But I always do factory restart and re-calibration after firmware update just to make sure that new firmware don't mess with old calibration/settings.

EDIT - I just RTFM and I see it says "To reset the Wi-Fi SSID and password to the default settings, power on the aircraft and then press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. The Tello will restart automatically."
So it's not a factory reset, it's just a reset of the Wi-Fi.
==================================================
Thanks. So holding down the power button for 5-8 seconds causes a factory reset?

If so, does that mean that all setting are reset but the firmware is kept at the latest pre-reset version?

2018-8-30
Use props
Marcos Santos
lvl.1

Brazil

After updating even while doing the entire calibration process, I realized 2 things:

1-Every time I fly I have to calibrate because the drone does not get more stable as before.

2-In some moments doing indoor flights he loses the connection with the cell phone and simply goes in any direction.

We bought a good product, however due to an update that should have been tested it ends up leaving us users disappointed.

I wonder if DJI is checking this problem and if it will soon release the fix for this problem?
2018-8-31
Use props
OhTello
lvl.3
Sweden

Thank you, vzr!  "Download old version TELLO Android app v1.1.2"

More than 10x I got "Download failure"
Downgrading to app v1.1.2 WORKED !
2018-8-31
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Marcos Santos Posted at 2018-8-31 03:27
After updating even while doing the entire calibration process, I realized 2 things:

1-Every time I fly I have to calibrate because the drone does not get more stable as before.

Thanks for bring these to our attention Marcos. We care much about your feedback.

For further analysis, would you be so kind to record a video showing the drone flying outside in no wind with good light, above clear textured ground rather than monochrome surfaces, to see if it would be unstable without calibrating IMU and lose wifi connection in short distance?

Meanwhile, please kindly provide screenshots of APP version and firmware version, as well as mobile version. Thanks a lot in advance.
2018-8-31
Use props
Marcos Santos
lvl.1

Brazil

The app has just been updated to version 1.2.14.01, just informs that bugs have been fixed, what were the bugs fixed? I believe that the user needs to know what is being fixed, so I saw the update update was fixed, it was only that????
2018-9-4
Use props
fanse98062e3
lvl.2

Slovenia

Hi!
I have samsung galaxy A5 (2017), android version 8.0.0, tello app 1.2.14.01. I always lose FPV when I enter setting and go back (state connected, have control over tello, but no picture and also recording and shooting cannot swap - frozen uper right 3 icons). Still missing battery % ;). thanks!
2018-9-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Marcos Santos Posted at 2018-9-4 05:03
The app has just been updated to version 1.2.14.01, just informs that bugs have been fixed, what were the bugs fixed? I believe that the user needs to know what is being fixed, so I saw the update update was fixed, it was only that????

Thanks for your feedback, Marcos. In the new APP version, " download firmware error " or " upgrade firmware error" shown on some devices would be targeted.
2018-9-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

fanse98062e3 Posted at 2018-9-4 07:46
Hi!
I have samsung galaxy A5 (2017), android version 8.0.0, tello app 1.2.14.01. I always lose FPV when I enter setting and go back (state connected, have control over tello, but no picture and also recording and shooting cannot swap - frozen uper right 3 icons). Still missing battery % ;). thanks!

Welcome to the forum. We are sorry for your unpleasant experience.

May I know if you would lose FPV and upper right 3 icons would be frozen if not entering into the setting and go back? Meanwhile sorry that it is no battery % available in the new APP. In regard to APP frozen issue, please clear all cache and delete the APP, then reinstall the New APP. Please kindly reset its wifi by holding the power button for about 5s until the led goes off, wait until the drone reboots, then reconnect with a newly installed app.  If it persists, may I know if it is normal with old APP version? How about trying another compatible device?
2018-9-4
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules