Photogrammetry feature requests
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

Dear DJI representatives,

I'm planing the acquisition of a Phantom 3 but because I will use the drone in photogrametric projects there are two features that I really need:
1.- Possibility to program flights over a map in the very same way I do with my Phantom 2 + Ground Station. There are some rumors that DJI may include such cappabilities in the future.
2.- Possibility to configure the camera to continously shot pictures (time lapse) at one second or less (with my actual Phantom 2 + Zenmuse + GoPro Hero 3 I typically configure the camera to shot pictures twice per second), I belive that the minimum time lapse interval in the actual pilot App is 5 seconds.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read the post.

I look forward to hear from you.

Isaac
2015-5-26
Use props
DJI-Autumn
lvl.4

Hong Kong

Thank you for your advise Isaac, I'll add them to the wish list and report to related colleague.
2015-5-26
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

DJI-Autumn Posted at 2015-5-27 14:55
Thank you for your advise Isaac, I'll add them to the wish list and report to related colleague.

Quite the opposite Autumn, thank you.
2015-5-28
Use props
dashtwo
lvl.2

United States

Yes, 5 second interval is too long. That reduces a 20 min flight to an 8 second clip. Need at least every 2 seconds and 1 would be great. Thanks
2015-5-28
Use props
isaache
lvl.3
Spain

dashtwo Posted at 2015-5-28 23:16
Yes, 5 second interval is too long. That reduces a 20 min flight to an 8 second clip. Need at least  ...

Hi dashtwo, just an update on the time lapse feature request, while the DJI phantom 3 Professional is able to store 4K video up to 60 Mbps it looks like the still picture storage is far slower as when shooting a bracketed shoot (3 pictures in a single burst) it takes about 9.5 seconds to store the three JPEG + three RAW files (which happens to be around 60 Mb in total), in other words, the Phantom 3 pro stores video almost 10 times faster than pictures (reason for that is unknown) so it really looks like the fastest time lapse possible with that picture recording speed is around 3.2 seconds.
2015-6-1
Use props
pmarkus
lvl.1

Italy

isaache Posted at 2015-6-1 17:50
Hi dashtwo, just an update on the time lapse feature request, while the DJI phantom 3 Professional ...

Hi Autumn, i have same needs about aerial photogrammetry applications. Is is possible at least implement 1s/2s timelapse function only when user selects only JPEG in "Image Format" Menu ? In this way i suppose the bandwidth would fit 2s timelapse at least. Anyway, for aereal photogrammetry we are interest in 1s/2s timelapse scenario only for shoot session, not during video session.

Thanks for your attention.
Regards,
Marco
2015-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules