Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Ronin-S Motionlapse Problem
5065 7 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdc208da1
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Guys

I have had my Ronin S coupled with the GH5 for a couple of weeks now and I am really happy with the set up

I have done a couple of Motionlapses and some have been really good and some have failed

Setup
1 - - I go into the Ronin App and then Motionlapse I set Interval at 3sec Content duration to 34 sec and Frame rate to 24FPS
Content duration of 34sec gives me 816 photos to shoot
2 - - I go to the GH5 timelapse settings and I set the Shooting Interval to 3 sec and the iImage count to 816
3 - - I map out the track for the Motionlapse
4- - - Press the Record button in the Ronin App motionlapse window

I have succesfully recorded Motionlapses with these settings
However the other night I noticed the shutter was taking longer to take a shot after observing it was missing shots ?

Also using the same method with a Content duration on a 1016 shots the Ronin app was counting down the shots but the camera wasnt taking the shots

I have two SanDisk 64GB Extreme Pro U3 SD cards that were empty and formatted when I started the motionlapse

Hoping someone can help out with this problem

Steve
2018-8-17
Use props
Jberendtphotography
New
United States

I don't have the same camera as you but I think I know what the problem is.

If you set up the time lapse in camera as well as in the Ronin App, it's kinda like setting up the camera to do a time lapse and then hitting the shutter button every 3 seconds. It'll work but I think you're "double timelapsing". And then the Ronin-S timer and your camera's timer are getting just a bit off from each other at some point and that's causing the issues with the camera not knowing which shutter release to listen to.

I use a D850 which has nice time lapse settings too but since the Ronin-S can control the time lapse shutter releases AND the gimble motion all on it's own, I just let the Ronin app take care of all of it. Try setting your camera up for single shots and let Ronin send the shutter release signals.

Let me know if that helps, be cause I was thinking through that exact scenario the other day.

Best,
Joe
2018-8-28
Use props
Coolhand99au
lvl.1
Australia

Jberendtphotography Posted at 2018-8-28 12:14
I don't have the same camera as you but I think I know what the problem is.

If you set up the time lapse in camera as well as in the Ronin App, it's kinda like setting up the camera to do a time lapse and then hitting the shutter button every 3 seconds. It'll work but I think you're "double timelapsing". And then the Ronin-S timer and your camera's timer are getting just a bit off from each other at some point and that's causing the issues with the camera not knowing which shutter release to listen to.

Thanks Joe for a solution to my problem I will try out what  you have suggested setting the camera to single shot and do the time lapse all from the Ronin
2018-8-28
Use props
Dr. Fibinotchi
lvl.2

United States

I have the same problem, but it was purely done on the ronnin on motionlapse create. I first did a flawless timelapse. On number 3 it messed up and started missing shots. Like 4 seconds for a jpg and raw. I put a 300mb/s formatted in camera and it's missing on a a7 iii.  ???
2019-6-1
Use props
adrianzaharia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 623 ft
  • >>>

I have the same combo...Ronin S + GH5. Mine does not do a single motionlapse right. It jump every few seconds and the motionlapse does not look pro...I did better timelapses with my iPhone to be honest...and a Osmo 2. Submited a ticket to DJI about this problem in the first month of buying it...after me and a friend bought 3 Ronin S. They are all doing the same thing...jumping every few seconds. DJI told me that  I have to pay to repair the gimbal...al tho it was bought in that month...that's stupid!!!!!!!! I know what the problem is...the motors are cheap chinese motors and it works just as a gimbal but the other funtions are useless. Just a heavy toy and that's it.
2019-9-17
Use props
chrissollart
New

I have the same set up and am just getting started.  
First problem = On the app, I see virtual joystick, panorama, Timelapse and Track; BUT NO MOTIONLAPSE.
Any ideas why it's not showing?
Thanks!
2019-10-16
Use props
djiuser_neNVT1Jlcs8N
New

United States

chrissollart Posted at 2019-10-16 15:59
First problem = On the app, I see virtual joystick, panorama, Timelapse and Track; BUT NO MOTIONLAPSE.

I know it's been awhile but I wanted to leave the solution here for reference.

It looks like they simply merged it with "Track"

For example I wanted to capture a timelapse with my camera while it was moving continuously. Not just hitting a point, stopping, and then snapping to the next point. To do this in track you just set 2 points and and stay time to 0. Then set movement duration to how long you want the camera to be moving. Unfortunately it looks like 5 mins is the limit but it still gives you a nice smooth moving timelapse.
2020-2-12
Use props
Tricklarock
lvl.1
United States

chrissollart Posted at 2019-10-16 15:59
First problem = On the app, I see virtual joystick, panorama, Timelapse and Track; BUT NO MOTIONLAPSE.

I have looked for this answer everywhere I can think of and it's driving me nuts!
My app doesn't even have the 'motionlapse'
It's now January 2021, and still NOTHING! No response from DJI.
I tried using the timelapse feature, but it's not the same?
2021-1-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules