Dji Phantom 4 ESC Error on all 4 motors after Shell Replacement
4504 6 2018-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Diwashb
New

United States

Hi All,

I cracked the shell on the Phantom 4 Standard and ordered the shells and got them replaced. Like most suggestions I decided to slice the wires and had them reconnected with some electrical tape to finish. After reassembling everything I realized that the phantom would open and camera and everything works normally but when I try to start the motors, I have esc errors on all 4 of them.

Any help is appreciated.

I also stripped a few screws for the gimbal so any help to take them off would help as well.

Thanks a lot.
2018-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out for that one I would Recommend checking all ESC board the one that nears from each motors if the wires still intact and perfectly soldered, however, If still unfortunately I would Recommend to have it check to nearest service center to your location so that experts can check it what could be the problem you can go to this link. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
2018-8-18
Use props
PowerBand1
lvl.3

Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-18 09:53
Hi there, thank you for reaching out for that one I would Recommend checking all ESC board the one that nears from each motors if the wires still intact and perfectly soldered, however, If still unfortunately I would Recommend to have it check to nearest service center to your location so that experts can check it what could be the problem you can go to this link. https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers

When you do a shell replacement it is not advisable to cut the motor wires but desolder the wires on the module.
2018-8-19
Use props
AleBns
New

Brazil

Hi, Have you fixed your ESC Error problem with your Phantom 4? I have the same problem since I'd replaced the shell. I've already changed the ESCs boards, flat cables and resolder the motors. Could you help me?
2018-10-16
Use props
Sbajare
lvl.1

India

AleBns Posted at 10-16 12:35
Hi, Have you fixed your ESC Error problem with your Phantom 4? I have the same problem since I'd replaced the shell. I've already changed the ESCs boards, flat cables and resolder the motors. Could you help me?

Hi,

I was facing similar issue, replaced the four motors and problem solved.

regds
2018-12-4
Use props
Sbajare
lvl.1

India

AleBns Posted at 10-16 12:35

Hi,

I was facing similar issue, replaced the four motors and problem solved.

regds
2018-12-4
Use props
Black Sea Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1362336 ft

Bulgaria

Hi all,
I have crashed my phantom 4 and had the error of imu malfunction and esc error. The drone was beeping fine just doesnt start.
I have ordered a new yall motor for my gimbal as i saw it was hit in the impact. Then after replacing it only the esc  error left. I saw online that it could be from esc board on the gimbal is it was hit.
Order such a new one esc board and this was fixed ,but then got error on all 4 motors which was strange. I have searched the forums but nothing helpful. Then contacted a dji support but they didnt want to support me online and requested a return to certified shop. It was out of warranty so it would of been  a lot of money for all the hasle.
So thinking to order left and right esc motor boards, but first i have decided to open the shell and investigate.
After opening i have found that the circuit cable of the right esc board was loosen up from the crash fix it. Start the drone and vuuuooaaalllaaa everything was fine just needed the standard calibrations and i was ready to run.
One remark it seems that no matter if you have issues with left or right esc control boards you might get error on all four motors ,although the start  beeping was fine.
Hope this is will be helpful to someone  
2020-2-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules