What a mess...DJI Care, UPS Failure...Cust. Supp. Issues [SOLV...
1579 7 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strongarm181
lvl.2
Flight distance : 229885 ft
United States

**This is an essay on a failed UPS delivered for my repaired drone and the months it took to receive my aircraft after this due to (in my opinion) a lack of understanding and customer service importance by DJI**

Here’s the tracking of the repaired aircraft (look at the mess..it says I refused delivery months later…what the heck!): https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/processInputRequest?loc=en_US&Requester=DAN&tracknum=1ZE80E404246159348&AgreeToTermsAndConditions=yes&WT.z_eCTAid=ct1_eml_Tracking__ct1_eml_tra_eml_resi_3mde&WT.z_edatesent=04192018.

Here’s the tracking of the replace aircraft:
https://www.ups.com/WebTracking/ ... _edatesent=07252018

Date of UPS failed delivery (April 19th, 2018)
Date of new aircraft via insurance claim delivered (July 25th, 2018)

THE BACK STORY….Back in April 2018 my drone fell from 250 feet straight down onto a hard sand dune...she didn't fare well. The props shattered, the camera was never found and the entire air frame was in disarray (which I'm sure many of us have seen or been able to relate).

The aircraft fell after a battery failure at 97% (she was hovering for a few minutes while I adjusted the camera settings for the sun when all of a sudden a critical battery warning flashes and I look up and she's falling like a dead bird straight down). This has created a huge fear of flying over water (I live on the Gulf coast of Florida) and it's really is upsetting as there's so many shots I won't try just because she would be over water.

Regardless, I had DJI Care which was great...absolutely no issue with this as they received, evaluated and shipped my aircraft back in pretty good time (although it was deducted from my DJI care balance...even though it was a clear battery and aircraft issue. It didn't bother me because my 1-year was coming up in August and I just wanted my aircraft back).

Here starts the fun...on April 19th it was scheduled to be delivered by UPS so I authorized the release via my UPS account (I'm an avid Amazon Prime shopped and have had literally thousands of delivered to my apartment for 5+ years without an issue). I got notification it was delivered and returned from work...It. Was. Not. There.

I panicked and reviewed my DVR and I saw the UPS truck...but it never stopped at my building (watched it drive past and back...my camera covers the only entrance into the building) and it never stopped. I called UPS to open a case but as I was the receiver, I could only report it as missing but the shipper would have to start an investigation (uh-oh).

The next 3 MONTHS was chaos. To even get UPS to understand that this wasn't a "stolen package" but a miss delivered package was an incredible battle (TAKE NOTE: If you release it via your UPS account, it removes all liability on their side [which I knew] but it took hours of phone calls to explain that it was not stolen and the liability on the side of UPS was not covered since the delivery was never actually made. I literally had to drive to my local UPS center with my case and explain it to for the investigation to actually start).

Here comes the issue with DJI and their online support & phone support. No one seemed to understand what was going on...at all. I have 40+ printed pages of e-mail communications of some apparently clue less representatives with very bad English (sorry to be blunt, but it is true). Hours and hours and hours on the phone, hours spent typing out e-mails to no avail. I became very familiar with logistics (who would eventually ship out my new aircraft months later) and even left voicemails on American-side contacts. I only received a call back from one lady in accounting who couldn’t do anything about the case because she told me I needed to give her the check number that UPS issued to DJI for the insurance claim (do you really thing UPS would tell me that? They wouldn’t and I understand why).

All I needed was DJI to reach out to UPS and start an investigation and stay on top of it! This was eventually done but was useless the first round as my claim was denied due to it being “released” by my UPS online account. This was very, very frustrating. I called UPS local again and DJI and asked them to re-open it and send them footage of the UPS truck (time stamped) missing the delivery. (Insider note, I’m well aware of UPS investigations for miss delivered packages. When they “deliver” a package via their scanners it geo-locates the position for insurance claims. I SAW this paper and informed the investigator that the “building” where it was scanned is the next building over and not mine). This finally started to go into my favor (note this is now SEVEN weeks into the miss delivery). Then I saw a tracking update on June 20th that I refused the delivery…this absolutely infuriated me (check the tracking details at beginning). I immediately spoke with UPS corporate and let them have it which led to countless more e-mails and phone calls, delays confused service reps, etc. The biggest issue here is that DJI will not contact you via phone, only e-mail. Countless reps informed me of that. I was told at least a dozen times someone from Logistics would contact me about a status update…yet I never once have received communication from them about updates as promised via multiple e-mails.

Eventually, I got an e-mail from logistics in mid-JULY stating a new aircraft was en-route. FINALLY! I strategically moved the delivery to a local UPS center so sign so I could pick up…lesson learned. Since then, I have purchased a the P4 Pro which is, in my $0.02 a stellar aircraft. 
2018-8-18
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

I feel for you.  Makes me glad I can get stuff delivered at work.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sad about what happened, but I will help you with this. I will coordinate with the correct department to assist you with this. Surely DJI will take action with this concern. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-8-18
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.2
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-18 06:42
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sad about what happened, but I will help you with this. I will coordinate with the correct department to assist you with this. Surely DJI will take action with this concern. We're here to help you. Thank you.

Hello, thank you for your concern! This is no longer an issue as I've since received the replacement.

However, as I'm sure this is not the first or last instance, would like DJI to be informed & modify/create processes to expedite a case when a consumer has a delivery issue as the recipient has no power to start an investigation as only the shipper can do that. I would have owned it without issue but was not allowed by UPS.

3 months without my aircraft was terrible...as this was not originally DJI's fault for the missed delivery, the response to file an insurance claim and accurately carry-out the process is (insurance claim was for $999 which easily covers a phantom 3 4K NEW), in my opinion, unacceptable.

...All I wanted was an aircraft back which I knew would take time. However, 3 months? Sigh.
2018-8-18
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.2
United States

EdM Posted at 2018-8-18 06:02
I feel for you.  Makes me glad I can get stuff delivered at work.

Yeah, there's a Walgreens a mile down the street that takes FedEx deliveries so I always do that for $$$ items and the UPS Customer center is a few miles away so they take my $$ UPS shipments.

UPS was great, they literally just couldn't do anything due to misinformation by DJI reps filing the insurance claim.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

strongarm181 Posted at 2018-8-18 07:54
Hello, thank you for your concern! This is no longer an issue as I've since received the replacement.

However, as I'm sure this is not the first or last instance, would like DJI to be informed & modify/create processes to expedite a case when a consumer has a delivery issue as the recipient has no power to start an investigation as only the shipper can do that. I would have owned it without issue but was not allowed by UPS.

We are so regretful about the unpleasant experience you had, Taylor. Thank you so much for your cooperation and being patience on this issue. Rest assured that this kind feedback from our valuable customer will keep us learning to provide more professional service and avoid this inconvenience in the future. Wish you have a great time on flying, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.
2018-8-18
Use props
strongarm181
lvl.2
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-8-18 14:53
We are so regretful about the unpleasant experience you had, Taylor. Thank you so much for your cooperation and being patience on this issue. Rest assured that this kind feedback from our valuable customer will keep us learning to provide more professional service and avoid this inconvenience in the future. Wish you have a great time on flying, should you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time, we're glad to help.

Thank you so much! I wish I knew about this forum last year when I got my first P3.
May I ask your help to mark this as solved?
2018-8-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

strongarm181 Posted at 2018-8-19 02:23
Thank you so much! I wish I knew about this forum last year when I got my first P3.
May I ask your help to mark this as solved?

You are welcome, Taylor. If you have any other concerns please feel free to post for us to help you. Have a safe and happy flying. By the way, I have edited the title and change it as resolved.
2018-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules