Dji Spark battery bricked
1646 10 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_E5lLgCocWPYl
lvl.1

My drones battery is not turning off , the middle two leds  in the battery is lit continuously (as in image) and I am not able to turn on the drone.

Tried to update the firmware using the Dji Assistant application via PC , but wasn't able to do so as the drone didn't turn on to connect to pc. Could any one tell me what should I do with this jammed battery or can it be  i it be replaced by the dji support
20180817_204131.jpg
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that may I ask if you have any spare battery? because what I can suggest is give a try to continue or retry the updating using a different battery once its successful give a try to reinsert the battery that has an issue and see if will fix, but still unfortunately what I can only suggest to that is send it in to the facility for further checking.
2018-8-18
Use props
djiuser_E5lLgCocWPYl
lvl.1

DJI Stephen, thanks for ur response ,I do not have a spare battery
2018-8-18
Use props
djiuser_T7nMGfeRqslh
New

Algeria

Good luck. I am waiting on a replacement from DJI after the same thing happened to me. They are, of course, taking forever. I sent my laptop in for warranty service a few days after I sent my battery to DJI. Got my laptop back several days ago and DJI hadn't even sent the replacement battery yet. Great service, DJI!
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_E5lLgCocWPYl
lvl.1

It's better to buy another battery rather than wait for dji response
2018-8-31
Use props
djiuser_T7nMGfeRqslh
New

Algeria

djiuser_E5lLgCocWPYl Posted at 2018-8-31 04:26

https://audacity.onl https://findmyiphone.onl https://origin.onl
2018-9-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-8-18 06:47
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding with that may I ask if you have any spare battery? because what I can suggest is give a try to continue or retry the updating using a different battery once its successful give a try to reinsert the battery that has an issue and see if will fix, but still unfortunately what I can only suggest to that is send it in to the facility for further checking.

Stephen.... never ever EVER ask someone to MAIL a Lithium Polymer battery that may be active or damaged!  Your suggestion could be VERY dangerous.
2018-9-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

IGNORE DJI Stephen's recommendation to 'send' or mail in your battery.  A lithium polymer battery that is malfunctioning is potentially VERY dangerous!  .... and placing it in the mail could injure someone if it decided to catch fire.   I would start by going to the DJI Support website and start a CHAT session, being prepared to send this image to them.  In the meantime I hope you found a safe place to store the battery, away from anything flammable.
2018-9-2
Use props
akamsautthapp07
New

India

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing difficulties with your drone's battery. If the battery is not turning off and the LEDs are continuously lit, it could indicate a potential issue with the battery itself. Here are a few steps you can try to troubleshoot the problem:
https://akamsauthapp.com/Disconnect the battery: If you haven't done so already, disconnect the battery from the drone. Make sure the drone is powered off before attempting to remove the battery.

Inspect the battery: Carefully examine the battery for any signs of physical damage or swelling. If you notice any abnormalities such as bloating or damage to the battery casing, it's important not to use the battery further and consider replacing it.

Hard reset the battery: Some drones have a reset button on the battery itself. Locate the reset button (usually a small pinhole) and use a paperclip or a similar tool to press and hold it for a few seconds. This may help reset the battery's internal circuitry and resolve any issues.

Contact DJI Support: If the battery issue persists and you're unable to update the firmware or resolve the problem, it's recommended to reach out to DJI Support directly. They can provide you with specific guidance based on your drone model and battery.

When contacting DJI Support, make sure to provide them with detailed information about the issue you're facing, including the model of your drone, the specific battery in question, and any troubleshooting steps you've already attempted. They will be able to advise you further on whether the battery can be replaced under warranty or provide further instructions on how to resolve the issue.

I hope this helps, and you're able to get your drone back up and running soon!
2023-5-11
Use props
akamsautthapp07
New

India

https://akamsauthapp.com/: Microsoft is best known for making the Windows operating system and many business Apps. Many Security apps, like the Microsoft Authenticator app, Are also available. With two factor authentication, you can sign in to your online accounts safely.

2023-5-11
Use props
Ms Ivy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19041243 ft
United States

Has your drone or battery been dropped or been in a crash lately?  I had a battery once for a weed-wacker that did the same thing when i had dropped it by accident.
I had to let the battery completely discharge because i couldn't use it anyway and then I recharged it for the heck of it to see what would happen and poof everything seem to be fine. I know weed wacker batteries are not the same as a drone lipo battery
maybe try discharging it completely and recharging it to see what happens. Of course I would still buy a new battery or 2 just in case.
2023-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules