Dead Battery (under 10 charges)
1244 8 2015-5-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

Today I was updating the batteries with the latest firmware that just came out and when I got to a TB47 (4500mAh) battery, it didn't respond at all. I've used it under 10 times. The last time it showed normal behavior was when I was charging it yesterday. To my knowledge, the led lights went out as they do when fully charged but don't know for a fact if that's why they went out. No visible bulging or deformity of any kind. Anyone else experience a new battery gone dead like this?
2015-5-26
Use props
Hooks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 226450 ft
Canada

I have had 2 die on me now while trying to update their firmware.  I am very stumped.
2015-5-26
Use props
Prax
lvl.2

France

Maybe you should try to reset your battery:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16060-1-1.html
2015-5-27
Use props
raychiefton
New

South Africa

Yeh, I have the same problem. I discharged the battery fully on my last flight - 1 week later which is today, I connect the charger and nothing happens. The purpose was to update the firmware. Isn't that strange! I also used it around 10 flights. The question is, is the battery under guarantee?
2015-5-27
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

Good question.
2015-5-27
Use props
supasympa
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI released a new firmware today which sounds like it fixes the problem you're having.
2015-5-27
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

Unfortunately, the battery has died before I could update it but DJI was quick to give an RMA# to resolve the issue.
2015-5-28
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

Same problem here,
I bought two new batteries for an holiday trip, I used then 5 times each. And when I took them out from the case to update the firmware those 2 new batts are like dead. The 2 old ones have been updated with no problem.
So I tried this trick, disconnecting the balancer cable for a couple of hours. Now one is lighting up but all leds remain on for ever and I can not charge it at all. And the other one is still completely dark and not charging.
I will try to put the one lighting up back in the I1 to see what the soft tells me.

Thank you for any imputs about that matter.

Happy landings.
2015-5-28
Use props
phdraw
lvl.1

United States

I'm not brave enough to mess with the wires. I got an RMA# and sent the TB47 in. They'll most likely replace it.
2015-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules