ZENMUSE X7 RAW WORKFLOW
3221 2 2018-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RingoLem
New

Italy

Hello everybody!
We bought an Inspire 2 with Zenmuse x7 CInema Combo.
We shot a spot.
Who would be kind enough to recommend the best way to work with DNG files?
I usually work with Da Vinci Resolve Studio 14.
Is it necessary to convert DNG?
What is the image acquisition process with Da Vinci (Blackmagic Design?)

Sorry for the many questions, but I would like to be sure to go and color the RAW files we have the first time we work with Inspire 2 and X7.

Thank you all!!

2018-8-18
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

• It's the first time that I work with inspire 2 and Zenmuse x7
  • We shot RAW image and we work normally with DaVinci resolve. Which is the best workflow? Unfortunately I'm not an expert in Resolve. I've played around with CDNG and it it's pretty easy if you know Resolve....pretty much create a timeline and drag the first file of your sequence into it..(someone might correct me -- I haven't used it in a while) and start working
  • It's necessary convert the raw in Log? D-log or Log? I tried to use the Cd5 lut RAW to LOG.
Not really...only if you're more comfortable grading in LOG.
  • how should the color timeline be? REC709?

• Generally it's best too work in Rec709 for broadcast, while other standards give you more gamut to work with...the reality is 99% of everything is finished in rec709.

• In short, sorry for the many questions. What do you recommend for working the files we did to make a cinematic color?
  • Really thanks for your help! And sorry again for lot of question! :-)

If you are new to Resolve and Cinema DNG, you may want to be looking at ProRes Raw. Way less painful, with results that are in the same ballpark.

2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi there. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We recommend checking one of these licenses: https://store.dji.com/product-search?q=license+key
2018-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules